Miscellaneous NHL Talk V10.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I could see both the Islanders and Blues working as they really need a real #1. Allen is really not good and the Islanders would probably like a real #1 until Sorokin comes in and takes over in a few years.

I could also see the Flames as Bob would be an overall upgrade over Smith and Rittich.
Rittich has been very good this year 920 sv vs Bob 903

Reactions: Tripod

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
"The captain, Ryan Getzlaf, did notch an assist tonight to bring him up to 1-3-4 in this 12-game losing streak. [1-1-2 of that was Friday night in the Pittsburgh loss.] However, he is -19 during the streak, and he's been at least -1 in every one of these losses."

And this team is still better than the Flyers.
It's nuts Randy Carlyle still has a job.

Reactions: Tripod

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018
"The captain, Ryan Getzlaf, did notch an assist tonight to bring him up to 1-3-4 in this 12-game losing streak. [1-1-2 of that was Friday night in the Pittsburgh loss.] However, he is -19 during the streak, and he's been at least -1 in every one of these losses."

And this team is still better than the Flyers.
john-gibson-ftw-5-14.jpg

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Isles have allowed the fewest goals this season after allowing BY FAR the most last season.

Coaching matters.

**** you Hexy.

Islander goalies have a .922 S%, some of that is better play in front of them, some of that is rebound by Griesse and Lehner.
Flyers played top flight defense under Hakstol, among the leaders in fewest scoring chances allowed, Islanders under Weight were putrid on defense.
So doubt Trotz would have made a big difference here like he has on the Islanders.

Hakstol played Filppula, Trotz plays Filppula (43.5 Corsi, E +/- -7.0) 14 minutes a night.
Hakstol played Weise/Lehtera, Trotz plays Komarov (42.0 Corsi, E +/- -8.0) 14 minutes a night.
Hakstol played MacDonald, Trotz plays Leddy (44.3 Corsi, E +/- -6.0) 22 minutes a night
Hakstol played Hagg, Trotz plays Pulock (44.9 Corsi, E +/- -1.8) 22 1/2 minutes a night

As far as playing young players, Trotz is playing Barzal (21) duh, Beauvillier (21) [3rd season starting].
Under 25 players, Dal Colle (22), played 9 games, Ho-Sang (23) played 10 games, Pulock (24) [2nd year after 3 AHL campaigns), Pelech (24) [3rd season].
Islanders are an experienced team with most of the starters between 27-30 years old.
Boychuck (35), Filppula (34), Komarov (32), Clutterbuck (31), Ladd (33) has been injured for most of the season.

Islanders remind me of the Flyers in Haktsol's first season, basically a few talented players, smoke and mirrors and carried by Mason.
Just don't think this is sustainable in the long haul, a lot of pluggers on this team. The kind of players the Hive loves to hate.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
They shouldn't either. Despite what some think he's a good 3rd pairing D. If they improve their top 4 and use him properly he's an asset to the team.
True and all the teams that win have atleast three of him on the team that make you pay a price. He doesn't have a stable partner either.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I’d 100% rather have Puljujarvi over their 1st round pick. No top 5 pick this year had his predraft hype and WJC performance.

Because I don't like trying to look at these things in a vacuum, allow me to present a reasonable hypothetical.

Let's say Fletcher wants NHL productivity next year in a Simmonds return, which fits with the rumors that have been out there about adding a RD and a 2/3C. Let's also say Fletcher (and everyone else you find germane) likes Puljujarvi but doesn't absolutely love him. Is it better to ask for the Finn or the pick? The immediacy of the player is obviously a plus, but if you're planning on going offseason shopping, the pick is so malleable that you can use it as a base almost anywhere.

Last edited:

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
I’d 100% rather have Puljujarvi over their 1st round pick. No top 5 pick this year had his predraft hype and WJC performance.
I don't know Magau . i have watched him play atleast 5 times this year and end up shaking my head . I saw him play live at the U18 tournament in Grand Forks and thought holy crap this kid was good . Was at the draft in Buffalo when he did not get selected 3rd overall and the crowd boooed . Now i am questioning my judgement on him . He has size and can skate and shoot but the Hockey IQ you value does not seem to be there.
In Edmonton they keep playing him but he keeps letting them down, he is one more year from being a bust for me if things don't improve drastically .

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I don't know Magau . i have watched him play atleast 5 times this year and end up shaking my head . I saw him play live at the U18 tournament in Grand Forks and thought holy crap this kid was good . Was at the draft in Buffalo when he did not get selected 3rd overall and the crowd boooed . Now i am questioning my judgement on him . He has size and can skate and shoot but the Hockey IQ you value does not seem to be there.
In Edmonton they keep playing him but he keeps letting them down, he is one more year from being a bust for me if things don't improve drastically .
No thanks.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Do I need the sarcasm emoji? ;)

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I like Ferland a lot. Wouldn’t trade for him pre-free agency, but would definitely like to sign him as a UFA this summer.

Reactions: hatcher

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I like Ferland a lot. Wouldn’t trade for him pre-free agency, but would definitely like to sign him as a UFA this summer.
The major playoff teams should want Ferland over Simmonds easy. Wish we would get him and put some atttude on this team with scoring some goals. He'll be the first to go.

Reactions: Ghosts Beer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad