Miscellaneous NHL Talk V10.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
Panarin's going to break 10 million. I wouldn't be shocked if he hit 12 per.

I'd easily pay him that, btw.
I think he might hit 10, but I think his market will be pretty small. Without blowing up the future cap, I don't think a lot of teams could afford it. Especially given where he wants to play, I don't think they'll be a huge market for him.

Islanders would probably be ideal for him. Play with Barzal, great respected coach like Q, fairly young team. They can definitately put Eberle's $6 million towards his contract and they have the cap space providing Anders Lee and Brock Nelson don't blow the cap outta the water.

Panthers could definately make a run for him. Don't the Russians love Miami? They're fairly set for the future with their young guns and they have a bunch UFA. Roughly $16 mill in cap for next year. They'll have 1 D to fill and 2 forward slots.

Reactions: Curufinwe

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
The Sharks would probably be a team to watch if they can’t get Karlsson extended. They apparently put the most money on the table for Tavares. I would say given the other contracts he’s handed out recently Doug Wilson is operating like a man who’s not sticking around to the end of the contracts anyway.
Going after tavares is smart move no matter what, as is trading for Karlsson. If you get these two players you basically secured 1C and 1D for you to build around and those are two most difficult positions to acquire. Also I don't think any of their contracts are untreatable. Even vlasic, after all he is hockey Canada guy.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Going after tavares is smart move no matter what, as is trading for Karlsson. If you get these two players you basically secured 1C and 1D for you to build around and those are two most difficult positions to acquire. Also I don't think any of their contracts are untreatable. Even vlasic, after all he is hockey Canada guy.

I’m not criticizing him/them. I’m just saying he’s a dangerous guy at the negotiating table as he doesn’t really seem to care about the long term at this point. He’s very likely not there for whatever fallout occurs down the line.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I’m not criticizing him/them. I’m just saying he’s a dangerous guy at the negotiating table as he doesn’t really seem to care about the long term at this point. He’s very likely not there for whatever fallout occurs down the line.
Nothing wrong with signing good players to big deals. It's when you start throwing it at likes of Paul Martin and Boedker when it goes wrong.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Nothing wrong with signing good players to big deals. It's when you start throwing it at likes of Paul Martin and Boedker when it goes wrong.

I get that but still he’s got four guys (even if they are good players currently) with Burns, Couture, Vlasic, & Jones signed long term into their late 30’s/early 40’s. He’ll probably be adding another one this summer. That’s still not really ideal. You’d rather have long term contracts ending around 34-35 years old.

But like I said it’s likely not going to be his problem if it becomes one down the line as he’s already in his 60’s.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I get that but still he’s got four guys (even if they are good players currently) with Burns, Couture, Vlasic, & Jones signed long term into their late 30’s/early 40’s. He’ll probably be adding another one this summer. That’s still not really ideal. You’d rather have long term contracts ending around 34-35 years old.

But like I said it’s likely not going to be his problem if it becomes one down the line as he’s already in his 60’s.
Expansion, trade, complience buy out after next lockout, taking on lesser garbage like in heatley deal or fleecing some numbnuts as was the case with Boedker? There's always a way to deal with this shit, but I do agree that he is seemingly going all in and down with the ship.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Couts is a bargain now, but not when he signed, 3Cs who score 30-35 points a year don't get rich contracts.
I hate this comment because it implies that Couts has been a 3C recently. Even when Couts was a rookie and youngin, there was always more there than him being a 3C.

C'mon person

Reactions: kudymen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: