Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
@Striiker They're losing their minds.

45274bcbdcb658ea91c68cf28b962ab5.png

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
So did Carchidi make as big a fool of himself as it seems like?

having to be publicly corrected by Bob McKenzie on twitter isn't a great look.

Reactions: VladDrag and Tripod

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I'm not sure if a team has created more change in the league than Boston in the last 14 years due to high flux of talent--Thornton, Kessel, Seguin, Hamilton, Lucic all traded. How they've managed to not suck during that span is almost a miracle.
Didn't they always attract a fairly decent crop of UFAs?

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
I'm not sure if a team has created more change in the league than Boston in the last 14 years due to high flux of talent--Thornton, Kessel, Seguin, Hamilton, Lucic all traded. How they've managed to not suck during that span is almost a miracle.
Could Wheeler go on that list also? I don't remember details.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Could Wheeler go on that list also? I don't remember details.
Dated Dec 2014
How the Boston Bruins blew the Thornton, Kessel, Wheeler, Seguin trades…and lost out on T.J. Brodie, too - TheHockeyNews

They mention "having" Dougie Hamilton as a result of some of these trades, and Louie Eriksson, and then time happened and those players are gone too, for nothing (Louie) or next to nothing (Hamilton, tbd). The other folks mentioned via these trades are typically in a status of, Who?

Some wild voodoo, and what having a HoF (Chara), and close to HoFs (Bergeron & Thomas), can do to cover up some warts.

Reactions: Audible Velvet

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
The Bruins are really good at drafting. So even Chiarelli couldn't ruin that team.

The Oilers on the other hand...

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Wheeler

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Bruins are really good at drafting. So even Chiarelli couldn't ruin that team.

The Oilers on the other hand...

They were actually pretty terrible at drafting under Chiarelli & Edmonton is seemingly continuing it.

He was hired right before that 2006 draft that yielded Kessel, Lucic, & Marchand.

Although him & has staff did leave them with a good last class in 2014.

Boston Bruins Draft History at hockeydb.com

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
They were actually pretty terrible at drafting under Chiarelli & Edmonton is seemingly continuing it.

He was hired right before that 2006 draft that yielded Kessel, Lucic, & Marchand.

Although him & has staff did leave them with a good last class in 2014.

Boston Bruins Draft History at hockeydb.com
Looks worse than I thought.

It's going to be interesting how they plan on replacing Bergeron someday. Krejci isn't the player he once was either.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Laughton with 18 points on the year to schenns 24. Yuck!
Even though Laughton might just be having a career year he already amassed 200 nhl games and very well could end up with 4 to 5 hundred when all is said and done. Not too shabby for a bust, eh?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
If any of you think JVR or Voracek is worthless away from the puck, you should check out Laine.
Without his shot he probably wouldn't even be in the NHL. I don't get to see him play on a regular basis but he seems like a very one-dimensional player.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Laughton with 18 points on the year to schenns 24. Yuck!
Even though Laughton might just be having a career year he already amassed 200 nhl games and very well could end up with 4 to 5 hundred when all is said and done. Not too shabby for a bust, eh?
interesting that Faksa was someone mentioned as a 3rd line fill in, and he only has 16 points this year.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Without his shot he probably wouldn't even be in the NHL. I don't get to see him play on a regular basis but he seems like a very one-dimensional player.

I spent the entire Jets-VGK series last year shrieking in terror any time he shot the puck - his shot is that good. But yeah, I'm watching tonight and it's kinda remarkable how useless/clueless he is.

Reactions: LorneMalvo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany