Miscellaneous NHL Talk V10.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
For all the complaints about the defense, the team is giving up about the same amount of shots as last year, and we are above league average in that regard. The team also has fewer giveaways than last year. No one was screaming about needing a Top 4 defenseman coming into this season. Myers could very easily be better than any defenseman who's available. If Fletcher doesn't give Myers a full shot and goes into the offseason and adds some washed-up mediocrity like Vlasic I'll be downright furious.

Friedman also deserves a shot and Myers, heading into his Draft +7 year, probably deserves a look as well.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
He still doesn't get it...

e10192f08d1d86bf5e13176fed2f6f05.png

18933319bdddb78d3ec33b5e481b9f75.png
But don't forget: if you tank you are pure evil and worse than Hitler and destroying the sport and I hope you fail. Except if you are the Leafs, in which case you are brilliant and worthy of endless praise!

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
He has to be tanking. He can't be this dense otherwise. It's curious with Scott and Homer around. Even if it's logical those two don't seem the logical type.

Reactions: DaphneLion

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Tanking doesn't make sense, it doesn't improve the odds by enough to matter.
Unless a miracle occurs, we're gonna finish in the bottom five and get someone who's probably NHL ready next year.

Trading for assets does matter, and players like AMac, Weise, Folin, have to play to show they're healthy and can contribute to have any hope of obtaining some value for them. Folin and Weise have value as depth players, they have well defined roles for the right team. AMac has played well enough to be veteran depth, but Flyers would have to eat half his contract. Laughton, Raffl, Simmonds are pretty much known quantities, though a team might want to see more of Laughton in different roles to determine his fit.

Given the way the Flyers have drafted lately, I might stockpile 4th to 6th rd picks and trade 2nd and 3rd rd picks for NHL ready players.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
He still doesn't get it...

e10192f08d1d86bf5e13176fed2f6f05.png

18933319bdddb78d3ec33b5e481b9f75.png

The fact that he thinks we still need to get vets and shell out a f*** load of money for players like that is flawed considering how deep the Flyers prospect pool is. Yeah, let's spend several million on a few players just so we can keep the younger, better players away from the NHL.

Reactions: Flyerfan4life

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Toronto & Buffalo we’re actively tanking in previous years in the sense that they were making moves in season that made them lose more.

That’s tanking, being bad & bottoming out isn’t tanking. If the Flyers were tanking they’d be doing something like running McKenna out more opposed to the one start he got on a back to back.

Fletcher essentially threw in the towel at this point & is buying time leading up to the deadline to offload some players.

I don’t really care if a team is actively tanking but some people get so triggered by that word & apply it to situations where it doesn’t even fit.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
its a catch 22 tho isnt it if you want to get rid of the garbage and call up the kids. That happens I want to see the kids play well. Even if it means finishing higher in the standings.
I get the need to want that high pick, but we all should want the kids to play well.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The best way to be "much better" next year would be to let Myers iron the kinks out for 35 games in the NHL this season. He's clearly more advanced than Hagg and Morin were halfway thru their 21 year old seasons. And the Flyers are using mediocre-at-best vets Folin and MacDonald right now.
Playing Myers now makes even more sense when you think in March/April, we will want to get Morin in some games too.

I stumbled upon this thread in the Trade section. Canes fans laughing at the proposal and vociferously declining. We have reached peak madness. My evens cannot.

To :flyers: RD Brett Pesce, C Micheal Ferland and a conditional 2019 3rd round pick

To :canes: RW Jakub Voracek, LDorRD Shayne Gostisbehere

Note to everyone....I did not start this thread, nor would I do this...lol.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Problem is Edmonton simply can't find serviceable bodies later in the draft.
Draft picks outside the first round who have played 200+ games:
Tobias Reider - #114-2011
Aaron Lander - #40-2009
Chris Vandervelde - #95-2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00