Miscellaneous NHL Talk, Summer of 2018 version

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
If I were the jets I’d be paying Seattle to take Little. I know he has a NMC, but maybe he waives.

Not sure how much but he’d make more money I think.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I like the 1980s Whalers jersies better than the newer Whalers. That Kelly green was sweet. I think the 90s overall were bad for sports uniforms in general. Buffalo's black and red ones, Houston Rockets weird animated rocket, Toronto Raptors idiot dinosaur playing basketball, and the worst of all, the Joe Thornton Soo jersey. Ugh.

Joe thornton soo st marie - Google Search:
Totally agree, the green Whalers sweater is the greatest one in NHL history with the best logo ever. But it's a fair comment to say the silver version adds to it by making the "H" formed in the space between the "W" and the tail stand out. Nothing makes me as emotional as my Whalers. God do I miss them dearly, I would give anything to have them back.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
And he’ll wind up getting traded for way less than what everyone expects, he’d be a solid acquisition for the Flyers but I doubt they trade for him
I think the Flyers would trade for him since Hextall has been looking for a top right handed defenseman since he got here.

I would say a 1st rd pick+ Hagg or Ginning and something else would get it done. Having a top 3 of Provorov Ghost and Trouba with Sanheim and Myers learning would propel the Flyers to contender status next season (2019-2020) when the trade is likely to occur.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think the Flyers would trade for him since Hextall has been looking for a top right handed defenseman since he got here.

I would say a 1st rd pick+ Hagg or Ginning and something else would get it done. Having a top 3 of Provorov Ghost and Trouba with Sanheim and Myers learning would propel the Flyers to contender status next season (2019-2020) when the trade is likely to occur.
Not a chance a 1st and Hagg would get it done.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not a chance a 1st and Hagg would get it done.
Just like it would take a prospect like Frost to get ROR. Or Tampa would have to move Point to get McDonagh. Trade returns are always a lot less than what these board assume they will be.

I know the consensus here is that Hagg is a steaming pile of garbage, and Ginning is following right behind him, but the rest of the league still values defensive defensemen a lot more than fans do. Hagg will be controllable with two years of NHL experience. What other teams trading for Trouba have such a young defenseman to move in a trade?

Reactions: renberg

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Just like it would take a prospect like Frost to get ROR. Or Tampa would have to move Point to get McDonagh. Trade returns are always a lot less than what these board assume they will be.

I know the consensus here is that Hagg is a steaming pile of garbage, and Ginning is following right behind him, but the rest of the league still values defensive defensemen a lot more than fans do. Hagg will be controllable with two years of NHL experience. What other teams trading for Trouba have such a young defenseman to move in a trade?
Take a look for yourself what other fans are offering.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/lets-help-wpg-your-teams-offer-for-trouba.2520733/

Deals involving Dermott, Klefbom, Stralman, Nurse, Carlo, etc...

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

Jets might have hit the jackpot with some of their picks, but they literally just traded for kulikov. Whose to say they won't slobber all over Hagg?

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
If Morin can be avoid injury & puck gaffes while being solid defensively & on the PK I could certainly see Hagg packaged up, and someone paying pretty well for him. The real dream for me tho is that both Morin and Myers light it up, showing they no longer need a "veteran presence" and finally getting Macdonald onto the first train outta 30th St Station.

Prov-Ghost
Morin-Myers
Sanheim-Gudas
Hagg

would be a great way for out new head coach and his staff to start 19-20.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Take a look for yourself what other fans are offering.

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/lets-help-wpg-your-teams-offer-for-trouba.2520733/

Deals involving Dermott, Klefbom, Stralman, Nurse, Carlo, etc...
The big word in there is fans. I wouldn’t put too much stock into what fans are offering on the main boards.

Besides the only name in there to worry about is Carlo since it has been widely rumored that Trouba wants to play in the US. Boston would be the Flyers biggest competition IMO. But the Flyers have a much deeper prospect pool. My original trade theory was a 1st Hagg and something else. The Flyer have a much bigger group of 2nd level prospects for Winnipeg to choose from then Boston to easily make up for any difference between Hagg and Carlo. If Hextall wants him, he can get him without moving any of the top prospect like Sanhim, Myers, Frost, Hart, OBrien or Farabee.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
"Jacob Trouba wants more than $56 million over the maximum eight years"
Trouba has played 60 and 55 games the last two years, red flag. In fact, he's only played one full season in the last four, though a contract holdout cost some games.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
"Jacob Trouba wants more than $56 million over the maximum eight years"
Trouba has played 60 and 55 games the last two years, red flag. In fact, he's only played one full season in the last four, though a contract holdout cost some games.
The Flyers have $13 million in cap space still for this year with another $22 million coming next year. They can’t possibly spend it all internally with the prospects coming over the next few seasons.

If you think the price in trade is going to be too much that’s at least a somewhat reasonable fear but capspace worries are just dumb at this point and are just a holdover from the Holmgren years.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
If Morin can be avoid injury & puck gaffes while being solid defensively & on the PK I could certainly see Hagg packaged up, and someone paying pretty well for him. The real dream for me tho is that both Morin and Myers light it up, showing they no longer need a "veteran presence" and finally getting Macdonald onto the first train outta 30th St Station.

Prov-Ghost
Morin-Myers
Sanheim-Gudas
Hagg

would be a great way for out new head coach and his staff to start 19-20.
Dream on brother!!! Shot for the stars!!!!!

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Flyers have $13 million in cap space still for this year with another $22 million coming next year. They can’t possibly spend it all internally with the prospects coming over the next few seasons.

If you think the price in trade is going to be too much that’s at least a somewhat reasonable fear but capspace worries are just dumb at this point and are just a holdover from the Holmgren years.

The next two years aren't the problem, it's the six years after that.
Unfortunately, you can't roll over cap money in the NHL (at least until the next CBA), so Hextall is more likely to deal for a veteran with 1-2 years left that a team wants to dump.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
The next two years aren't the problem, it's the six years after that.
Unfortunately, you can't roll over cap money in the NHL (at least until the next CBA), so Hextall is more likely to deal for a veteran with 1-2 years left that a team wants to dump.
Six years after that Giroux, Voracek and JVR will all be gone. Until then, those guys will be suppressing the salaries of the young forwards by taking up all the PP1 time. The only possible side effect of a Trouba contract is Ghost walking when his is over 5 years from now. A lot can happen in 5 years.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
No to Trouba because of what we have. If we were down a Ghost/Provy/Sanheim then I would say Yes.
Sanheim has alot to prove before you lump him in with those other two . He has potential but has a long way to go yet .

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Hagg and Sanheim are rookies. They play with all of the warts that that brings. Some around here expect veteran play out of them. That's not realistic. If you are riding Hagg and Sanheim this hard, just wait until Myers and Morin are in the lineup and make the gaffes that inexperienced players do. Hextall said that this upcoming season will see youth on the back end. That means that the fans are going to have to be patient with these talented but young players.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
The big word in there is fans. I wouldn’t put too much stock into what fans are offering on the main boards.

Besides the only name in there to worry about is Carlo since it has been widely rumored that Trouba wants to play in the US. Boston would be the Flyers biggest competition IMO. But the Flyers have a much deeper prospect pool. My original trade theory was a 1st Hagg and something else. The Flyer have a much bigger group of 2nd level prospects for Winnipeg to choose from then Boston to easily make up for any difference between Hagg and Carlo. If Hextall wants him, he can get him without moving any of the top prospect like Sanhim, Myers, Frost, Hart, OBrien or Farabee.

I guess I'll ignore you then.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Hagg vs Sanheim.

Cliff Notes version... Sanheim is already very good. Hagg is not.

Hakstol thought the one on the left was better. He is paid 5(?) million dollars a year to coach the team.

I like Sanheim more than Hagg, too, but was their usage remotely comparable? Hagg had brutal zone starts, & Sanheim was treated with kid gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino