Miscellaneous NHL Talk, Summer of 2018 version

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hmmm. Koivu has two years left on his contract ($6M, $5M), Wild might need to clear some cap room.
He's an expensive 3C, but we have the cap room and he does fit what we'd want.
Maybe get them to take Weise's contract back and throw in Weal or Leier.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It's not like they bridged him when they sucked, they were trying to contend with some wild contracts on the books. Also he was far from a sure thing so giving him long term deal would carry a hefty risk and I'm not sure they deemed it worth 1.5 mill lower aav or not. On the other hand pulling a Weise with that foligno contranct :huh:
Ultimately what hurts wild is lack or contributing players on their ELCs and Ryan Suter being massive turd every playoffs. Otherwise their team is still solid.

So if they play him in 9 games instead of 13 in 13-14, they would have had an additional season to make a decision on a long term deal, correct?

They could have handled it better.

Last edited:

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
So if they play him in 9 games instead of 13 in 13-14, they would have had an additional season to make a decision on a long term deal, correct?

They could have handled it better.
Good point lol. Its even more baffling when you consider their depth at defense. Unless it was due to injuries or something.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Oh my, those third jerseys for the Ducks:clap::heart::hyper:

They should have just went with the original. They blended in too much of their current jersey’s to it for my liking which is probably the worst sets in the league imo.

The old eggplant/teal color combo was so sweet.
065169sp0529ducksrdlthe-mighty-ducks-paul-kariya-has-had-problems-picture-id563583683

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
The new one would be really nice if they ditched the shoulders.

That logo and scheme has so much potential. I can't help but feel like they squandered a great opportunity. I'll reserve my final opinion until I see them in action.

Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad