Miscellaneous NHL Talk, Summer of 2018 version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Unpopular opinion: the Nordiques jerseys are overrated. Nice, clean and good, but not amazing or anything.

Then again they were before my time so maybe I don’t have the nostalgia factor others do

giphy.gif

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Probably going to end up getting traded I’d imagine. It’s been an ongoing theme of those two parties not seeing eye to eye with contract negotiations.
And he’ll wind up getting traded for way less than what everyone expects, he’d be a solid acquisition for the Flyers but I doubt they trade for him

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
He might just want to go somewhere where he can be the undisputed #1. I know he’s had issues in the past in Winnipeg with PP time/role & what sides he’s been used on. I guess given that & the high bar he’s always asking in contracts he believes that playing in Winnipeg has held him back in showing what he’s fully capable of to this point.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I'm not advocating getting him, but a defense like this would be somethin'

Provorov - Gostisbehere
Sanheim - Trouba
Morin - Myers

You're missing Gudas, AMac, Hagg and the next plug to get first/second pair minutes because of veteran presence or simply for not being one of our prized prospects.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
That would be a nightmare to play against but just as much of a nightmare to manage cap wise.

I wonder what type of package they could offer to get Trouba without an extension in place?

Simmonds, Gudas, and a pick?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I think Ron wants to see Sanheim and Myers this year before going ga ga over someone else's D-man.
And he'll want Provorov locked up long-term before paying big money to a free agent or a UFA extension.

Reactions: renberg

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
I'm not advocating getting him, but a defense like this would be somethin'

Provorov - Gostisbehere
Sanheim - Trouba
Morin - Myers

You can't make these trades with the expansion draft becuase essentially trouba would be a 2 year rental. Flyers already have to protect 4 good dmen. Trouba makes the issue worst and it will be expensive to trade for him.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
You can't make these trades with the expansion draft becuase essentially trouba would be a 2 year rental. Flyers already have to protect 4 good dmen. Trouba makes the issue worst and it will be expensive to trade for him.

I know... hence my phrasing, "I'm not advocating getting him..."

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
And he's still needs a deal next year with his QO being 6 mill.

They also will need to sign Laine, Wheeler and Connor, this could,be a real mess for the Jets.
Laine’s contract is going to make things interesting to say the least, homie is gonna get paid, I could see him gettin 8.5-9/year

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
AAAAAHHHHH yup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad