Miscellaneous NHL Talk, 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
I kind of want JT to sign in SJ, although bringing in Lou and Trotz is a step in the right direction, it may be a little too late with the effort, he’s a great talent and the Isles had a long enough time to build something around him, so JT get on with it

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
If Tavares goes the Isles are pretty much in rebuild mode I’d have to imagine. They’ll probably be losing De Haan & Hickey which chips away at their depth.

They have Eberle & Lee as pending UFA’s after this year & not really sure why either would want to be there at that point so they could be trade candidates. Nelson might be another guy who’s seemingly always been potentially on the trade block too.

New York Islanders - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
If Tavares goes, the Isles are worse than an expansion franchise. Prime for relocation.
But this is ridiculous if you think about it, the legitimacy of a franchise rests on JT’s shoulders, that’s poor poor business and the owners/FO should be held to a higher standard I hope they have a back-up plan because honestly if JT was staying I think he would have said so by now and not drawn this out this long

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
So I’m terribly confused I just read over in the Isles board that JT isn’t an elite player, which brings me to the JT/G comparisons, if JT isn’t elite does that mean G is just average?

Sorry had to do it

Expectations

Mar 2, 2018
Just waiting for the announcement that JT is going to Pittsburgh, with some ass-backward deals and manipulation of a loophole that allows them to go $10M over the cap. You know it's coming...

Last edited:
Reactions: kudymen and Hapiii

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
But this is ridiculous if you think about it, the legitimacy of a franchise rests on JT’s shoulders, that’s poor poor business and the owners/FO should be held to a higher standard I hope they have a back-up plan because honestly if JT was staying I think he would have said so by now and not drawn this out this long
But that’s just the thing. The Isles have been a poorly run business for twenty years or so. They havent even had a half decent place to play for eons. Truly a Mickey Mouse organization.

Reactions: RespectTheProvorov

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Jeff Carter would be a great trade acquisition, obviously in the absence of an overpayment. I wonder if Alex Martinez could be available on the cheap. Two-way RD (though shoots left) $4 million for 3 years.

Hagg + assets for the Flyers West?
Why does LAK want to trade Carter, hes still very good, relatively cheap, and they are in win now mode.

Reactions: hatcher

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
That seems to have bad idea written all over it
8m now is like 6m 2 years ago. They are in win now with their roster, trying to transition out of Thorton/Marleau to the other veterans there. Their farm overall is not great, they really can't afford to lose him. He will probably be a good contributor for 5 of those 8 years.

They are trying to hang on to the window. I get it. Kane, for a first, if he is "good evander" helps their cause of doing that. I totally see why a team like them made that kind of move.

Last edited:

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Just waiting for the announcement that JT is going to Pittsburgh, with some ass-backward deals and manipulation of a loophole that allows them to go $10M over the cap. You know it's coming...
I would stop watching hockey if the league allowed some bullshit like that to go on, not that I would make a huge difference, I would just not want to watch some horseshit like that

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Unless Pittsburgh is trading Kessel they can’t really fit JT & even then it would be a tight squeeze.

Wasnt there a report about Kessel being open to leaving recently?

If they trade Kessel and acquire Tavares I might.... I ... might... well... Like write a lot of angry posts on the internet or something

Reactions: BernieParent

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
So I’m terribly confused I just read over in the Isles board that JT isn’t an elite player, which brings me to the JT/G comparisons, if JT isn’t elite does that mean G is just average?

Sorry had to do it

Last seven years:
Giroux 1.92 PP/60, CF% 52.46, CFrel +3.61; xGF 50.85, xGFrel 1.92 - Power play: pp/60 7.00
JT 2.12 PP/60, CF% 51.50, CFrel +3.46; xGF 52.29, xGFrel +3.86 - Power play: pp/60 5.77

Pretty even, JT is better at even strength, only Backstrom was better on the PP than Giroux during that period

But neither is truly elite:
Crosby 2.57
Malkin 2.54
Benn 2.43
Stamkos 2.38
Kane 2.32
Tarasenko 2.32
Hall 2.27
Marchand 2.27
Seguin 2.25

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I took a nap and the biggest news that happened was Rinaldo to Nashville on a 2-way? This day really is awful.
I mean...what do you realistically expect? Everyone complaining about this "boring" offseason...teams don't have to make trades. And it isn't even the opening of FA yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad