Miscellaneous NHL Talk, 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
All Hartnell talk is really pointless. Hextall took 3 years of umberger to get him out of town. I don't won't to say he let's the pride get in the way of his work, but I say Lehtera extension might be more realistic than bringing hartsy back.

Reactions: renberg

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
That's a great trade for Montreal. Armia is a good catch!

I must say, I wish that was us!

If Habs got Armia for free I’m gonna be pissed !!!

That means Statsny stays and Armia is better than any of the other rumoured bottom 6 plugs

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
OK I'm in Nashville for a family thing (because living on a farm with ****ing chickens and a crazy-eyed horse isn't ****ing country enough fml) for a few days, so you guys are going to have to catch me up on "Jam Boys" and any other new memes. Or just slow the **** down until I get back!
I will miss you Cap'n. Be safe out there.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
San Jose is basically at the **** it stage in handing out contracts too.

Kane - 27 $7M 2024-25
Burns - 33 $8M 2024-25
Vlasic - 31 $7M 2025-26
Jones - 28 $5.75M 2023-24

They’re extending Couture to a 7 or 8 year deal that will kick in when he’s 31. They’re in on Tavares too who will be getting a long term commitment. Pavelski & Thornton won’t be getting long term extensions but both are getting pretty long in the tooth.

They’re not a bad team now especially if you add Tavares they’ll definitely be in the conversation but other teams have better long term windows than they do imo.
I can relate, being at the f*** it stage for just about everything

Reactions: kelmitchell

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Armia’s fine but nothing special. WPG did really well. Jeez.

I don’t know how you look at the media/fan narrative on Chevy and see anything other than Hextall parallels.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Vanek looking to return to Wings. Bernier to Wings. Green looking to resign with Wings.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If Habs got Armia for free I’m gonna be pissed !!!

That means Statsny stays and Armia is better than any of the other rumoured bottom 6 plugs
I immediately thought of you when I saw the trade considering you said Armia would be a nice pick up earlier.

Funny how we could have done this deal and sent back Neuvirth(even retained). But I am sure we didn't want Mason back.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
I immediately thought of you when I saw the trade considering you said Armia would be a nice pick up earlier.

Funny how we could have done this deal and sent back Neuvirth(even retained). But I am sure we didn't want Mason back.

Was even one I suggested. Neuvy ( retained ) for Mase and Armia. Would of been a huge add for us Improves bottom 6 , P.K. and goaltending. But you are right no chance Mase was coming back. I predict he’s an Isle by end of the day.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Red Wings just pooling guys so they can trade them for assets again. Vanek is a guy I had my eye on here, maybe again at the deadline as a rental. He cost nothing this past season.

People saying the Red Wings need to bring up younger players but I don't think they have the people who are ready for that yet. They're still a couple years away from thinking about moving forward.

Jets are going to take Stastny off the board. Mason would be a better option to backup Price than Niemi would, but sounds like he's not staying in Montreal.

Reactions: BernieParent

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
He’s already 25. Exactly what kind of upside do you see?

40 pts in a consistent top 9 role. Great on P.K., he has flashes that takes you out of your seat. 6’3 210 lbs. def a low risk guy that could be decent.

Plus already rumours Habs will Flip Mase for even more assets

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
40 pts in a consistent top 9 role. Great on P.K., he has flashes that takes you out of your seat. 6’3 210 lbs. def a low risk guy that could be decent.

Ok, fair enough. 40 Points with Middle 6 ice time is completely reasonable. Sometimes people think more because he was a 1st, etc.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto

If there is a market where Mason has value and isn't a cap dump, why isn't Winnipeg trading with them instead of giving away Armia? I guess Montreal could be taking back another bad contract in exchange for Mason that fits a need?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad