Miscellaneous NHL Talk, 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why do people always feel the need to jump off high places because of Magua?

*cue flashback*

ML9CZ4k.gif

Maybe Magua too ugly for pretty girl?

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
So how did our "elite" player match up against the Penguins?
Oh I know, it was the coaches fault. There's always an excuse for the players you like.

Giroux and JT are very good, but I'd take a healthy Couts over either of them, Kopitar, Crosby/Malkin, Marchand.

Giroux hasn't been a dominant player since he was 24-26.
He bounced back last year b/c he was healthy, but also b/c he was paired with Couts, who is developing into a dominant player.
As Couts has shown the last three years, almost everyone is a better player with him as their center.

What does that have to do with what we talked about?

Striiker said G is elite because he was 2nd in points in the league.
You said no, G isnt elite, good players do that (lead the league in points) over a longer period.
I claimed he was actually 2nd in points in the league in the last 8 years combined which I consider something you claimed (longer period + lead in points)
You moved on to saying that elite players actually are defined by doing something else than scoring points at a high clip (which is a fair observation and I agree, but it also denies your initial response)

And then you finish up with an even smaller sample (Pens series) than the one season you dismissed Striiker for. For someone who claimed (earlier this season) that part of their life has been spent in law related jobs, that is some impressive posts moving and bending discussion to fit their narrative. No one even said anything RE: Hakstok being to blame for G in that smallest sample (Pens series) yet you suggested someone in this discussion would, which again is beyond me as some Matlock level work with discussion.

As you said, no need to make up arguments to boast about our players, yet there is also very little need to dismiss their achievements just to play them down to fit what you said earlier, so your pride is not hurt. We can even say agree to disagree, I call him elite and you dont which to some degree might be just a matter of perspective, but constantly changing the goal posts after G actually met your initial needs is just BS. Just like saying we need bigger sample size and coming back with a single series.

Btw. I dont have any issues with disagreement on the elite level, its just a word. I am simply replying to that word twisting and constant moving only to fit narrative

Last edited:

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
Cole, JVR plus Bozak. Add 2 out of 3.
Ehh JVR.. that half assed effort on nightly basis..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad