Miscellaneous NHL Talk, 2018 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Seriously, **** TAVERES

"Just remember: it is now October 1st, and #TavaresWatch may not end today. Free agency still being held up. Season begins this week. But JT doesn't have to pick a team by then. League sources tell me there is talk of cancelling season."

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
That's a great trade for Montreal. Armia is a good catch!

I must say, I wish that was us!
Totally! Getting Armia would not only help 4th line lineand pk, but also his play could very well make it easier to part ways with Simmer. Missed opportunity.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2018-19-nhl-standings-predictions.2509417/

Uewtw0a.png

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Was even one I suggested. Neuvy ( retained ) for Mase and Armia. Would of been a huge add for us Improves bottom 6 , P.K. and goaltending. But you are right no chance Mase was coming back. I predict he’s an Isle by end of the day.
Agreed, but hexy wanted no part of him and once he makes up his mind he's not gonna budge. Has he even once publicly changed his opinion?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There will be no FA signings by any team, no trades either. This is from a unnamed source
Hextall has been notorious for not letting anything leak. The only move he made that anyone felt confident ahead of time was probable was when he signed Elliott. Weise to an extent, people knew he made a visit here and no one reported on him visiting anywhere else. Trades involving Coburn, Timonen, and Schenn came from out of the clouds.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Hextall has been notorious for not letting anything leak. The only move he made that anyone felt confident ahead of time was probable was when he signed Elliott. Weise to an extent, people knew he made a visit here and no one reported on him visiting anywhere else. Trades involving Coburn, Timonen, and Schenn came from out of the clouds.

Oh i know. Just having fun with everyone just freaking out over the lack of player movement so far.

Reactions: Striiker

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Totally! Getting Armia would not only help 4th line lineand pk, but also his play could very well make it easier to part ways with Simmer. Missed opportunity.
Yup Armia is a good get but they got him and a fourth and a seventh to Eat Mason's contract , then bought out . Cap problems are a thing and that is why you just don't go out and overpay on the free agent market for term , it can come back and bite ya . Winnipeg now has a good team but this cap problem will now be theirs for years to come .

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
5 years for JVR is at least a bit reasonable...depending on the per year amount....unlike 7 years for EKane.
Coyotes also haven't had a 30-goal scorer in 6 years, so must be desperate and willing to pay.

Wonder if he got 7 million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad