Minnesota Wild General Discussion XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Fiala I think is heating up. He has played 18 games and is 2nd on the team with 7 goals.

He's still on a 31 goal pace over 82 games played. He'll probably score something like 20 this year. My guess is he will still be our goal scoring leader. If he an KK can stay on the PP together and actually you know, make the PP work, I can see a nasty duo and goals being scored.

Kirill has now officially exceeded my expectations. I would say by about a good 50%. What is most promising is that he doesn't stop learning. Not skills, but strategy, and he does it on the fly.

Just think what he would be like with a Barkov or Eichel (can't a guy dream?) and this whole season under his belt.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Fiala I think is heating up. He has played 18 games and is 2nd on the team with 7 goals.

He's still on a 31 goal pace over 82 games played. He'll probably score something like 20 this year. My guess is he will still be our goal scoring leader. If he an KK can stay on the PP together and actually you know, make the PP work, I can see a nasty duo and goals being scored.

Kirill has now officially exceeded my expectations. I would say by about a good 50%. What is most promising is that he doesn't stop learning. Not skills, but strategy, and he does it on the fly.

Just think what he would be like with a Barkov or Eichel (can't a guy dream?) and this whole season under his belt.
I think maybe sometimes Fiala tries to do too much. I look at Kaps assist to Zuccarelo today, good vision simple pass. Sometimes Fiala might try to cut that to the net instead of taking options

But other times he looks like McKinnon in terms of handles and release, its crazy, just doesn't have that elite top speed

Maybe sometimes he needs to be more of a Granlund and try to get some easy points. He has 3 assists this year , Granlund would have a ton more but on the flip side hes tends to be invisible in games and doesn't have that same fire

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Spitballing,

Say the team goes 4-4 in expansion. Parise does not waive. Greenway is the logical choice to be selected.

Do you try to overthink it and expose Khakonen to entice Seattle to take a goaltender in what will likely be a weaker pool of available goaltenders? In my view, I feel pretty good about Khakonen getting close to a Backstrom type peak which admittedly is very high end. And I do not feel super strong about what is coming down the pike at the position. However, I think the team can win with Talbot and work to address the position.

If Greenway is committed to having offseasons like he did this year and continues to improve, he’s a valuable piece. Granted if we need to lose one, realistic piece, he’d still be the one I would choose at this point I think.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I would rather lose Dumba than Greenway currently. Let’s see how this year plays out, but he’s be so good and impactful.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Either way, we have internal replacements at both positions, and ammo to go get more.
Who in the organization is 6’6 and a top 6 forward that we can plug in there? Not to mention he’s an excellent 2-way forward. I like Boldy, but I think he fills a different role. Greenway is the type of guy the will wear people down throughout a playoff series.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Who in the organization is 6’6 and a top 6 forward that we can plug in there? Not to mention he’s an excellent 2-way forward. I like Boldy, but I think he fills a different role. Greenway is the type of guy the will wear people down throughout a playoff series.
Not to mention that Boldy is slotted to replace one of Parise, Bjugstad, Johansson.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Greenway is a 6'6 230 lbs line backer on skates with above average skills.

Yeah not too many of those floating around the league or the prospects pools of any teams.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

It’s positional and production. Not too worried about Boldy being 6’2” and not 6’6”.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Greenway is a 6'6 230 lbs line backer on skates with above average skills.

Yeah not too many of those floating around the league or the prospects pools of any teams.
Actually, he would be too big for a linebacker these days. Feed him up a bit and he would be a DE. A big part of Greenway's value is his physicality. Hockey is trending towards faster, and more skilled, but size and strength still matter. A good team has a combination of both

Reactions: grN1g

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
It’s positional and production. Not too worried about Boldy being 6’2” and not 6’6”.
I think I see what you're getting at. Production could be elevated from a better player off setting any physical dominating attributes?

I mean if this convo came down to hey you can only keep Greenway or Boldy for the sake of argument I'll agree and take Boldy.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
If we’re exposing a goaltender, it better be Talbot. If you’re choosing between the two, I think it’s a no brained you keep KK

Reactions: fgobuzz

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
If we’re exposing a goaltender, it better be Talbot. If you’re choosing between the two, I think it’s a no brained you keep KK
Agreed although KK does need to get alot better at rebound control. Just rewatched highlights and he certainly let's up alot of big rebounds.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Keep Greenway, Foligno and Hartman if affordable. They add the grit and give others the freedom to make pretty plays.
Can only do it if Dumba is traded, allowing us to go 7+3 at the ED. I guess we could just go that way and leave Dumba exposed, but that would be pretty indefensible.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Agreed although KK does need to get alot better at rebound control. Just rewatched highlights and he certainly let's up alot of big rebounds.
I think overall his rebound control has been fine. Maybe yesterday was a fluke because he was in a groove then the team gave Talbot the not. Maybe it was because Arizona didn’t really have a lot of shots for the first period, first half of the game. Something certainly to keep an eye on though

As for whomever was asking about shootouts, I think KK will be fine. He seems to do well on breakaways, which are slightly different but I’m taking as a good sign. Until he actually faces a shootout.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
So after scoring a goal in his first game back, does Hunt get to play again?

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Can't believe anyone would choose Talbot over Kahkonen. Nuts.

Also it's hilarious to see all the love for Greenway. This board used to bag on him quite regularly.

Drewcifer

Oct 10, 2006
Minneapolis
If it comes down to exposing Greenway in the expansion draft we need to trade him at the deadline. More teams have room to protect another forward than a defenseman. We could probably get a pretty good return for him at this point. It could end up being a selling high type situation.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Can only do it if Dumba is traded, allowing us to go 7+3 at the ED. I guess we could just go that way and leave Dumba exposed, but that would be pretty indefensible.
Losing either Greenway or Dumba to Seattle for nothing would have to be the last mistake Guerin would be allowed to make.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad