Minnesota Wild General Discussion XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Can't believe anyone would choose Talbot over Kahkonen. Nuts.

Also it's hilarious to see all the love for Greenway. This board used to bag on him quite regularly.
I think his critics and supporters have stayed pretty consistent. It's mostly a matter of who's more vocal at any given time.

He does seem to have taken a step this year and isn't running as hot-and-cold as last season. He'll move squarely into Jackpot territory if he can show he's the sort of player that turns it on in the playoffs.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Also it's hilarious to see all the love for Greenway. This board used to bag on him quite regularly.

That's because Greenway wasn't playing up to expectations. Criticism of his play last season WAS warranted. Good on him that he's starting to realize what a force he can become.

Last edited:
Reactions: BagHead

MNWild14

Mar 5, 2021
I think Guerin gave him the what for this off-season and pretty much told him to shit or get off the pot. Seems like he took it to heart.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Would anyone have predicted that at this point of the season, Jonas Brodin would be outscoring Kevin Fiala?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think Guerin gave him the what for this off-season and pretty much told him to shit or get off the pot. Seems like he took it to heart.
Exactly. Both were pretty clear about the message when Guerin had his sit down with him.

Greenway has responded.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The Wild need to add players like Boldy to the lineup while keeping players like Greenway. Swapping one for the other does nothing to improve the team.

I don’t disagree with that.

Would anyone have predicted that at this point of the season, Jonas Brodin would be outscoring Kevin Fiala?

I can think of one...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jesus comma Brodin

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota

Bagging on a player who clearly wasn't living up to his potential enough that the gm publicly calls you out makes perfect sense.

Clearly it's worked.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If it comes down to exposing Greenway in the expansion draft we need to trade him at the deadline. More teams have room to protect another forward than a defenseman. We could probably get a pretty good return for him at this point. It could end up being a selling high type situation.
It would be awful, especially since we might lose Foligno at the ED if Greenway isn't around. Losing Greenway, Foligno, and Hartman would not be good.

PANARIN BREAD FAN

Feb 18, 2019
i'm watching the intermission show tor vs van. guys there are pretty much are saying that they're up for trades.

question: would you guys want back eric staal, or would you wait and see if bjugstad could eventually be your 2nd center as the season progresses?

the islanders have 3 centers .i wonder if pageau is svailable.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
i'm watching the intermission show tor vs van. guys there are pretty much are saying that they're up for trades.

question: would you guys want back eric staal, or would you wait and see if bjugstad could eventually be your 2nd center as the season progresses?

No interest in buying at the deadline for me

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

There is zero chance that Guerin will trade for Staal.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

Not to thrilled to trade for a contract like pageau

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
No GDT for tonight?

Guess what...Hunt and Talbot scratched, Soucy and Kahkonen in.

Reactions: Quicy

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Fiala, Ek, Foligno, Greenway
Suter Dumba Spurgeon Brodin
Kk

Exposed: Parise, Zuccerello, Hartman, Sturm, Rask, Soucy, Talbot

Soucy still looks like the most attractive.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Fiala, Ek, Foligno, Greenway
Suter Dumba Spurgeon Brodin
Kk

Exposed: Parise, Zuccerello, Hartman, Sturm, Rask, Soucy, Talbot

Soucy still looks like the most attractive.

You think you can convince both Parise and Zuccarello to waive? Honestly if Zuccarello waives, he's getting taken.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
You think you can convince both Parise and Zuccarello to waive? Honestly if Zuccarello waives, he's getting taken.
Yeah you're probably right. I still think that they would elect to go with the younger top4 upside? dman in Soucy.

Would really make expansion ideal in this scenario imo.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
KK doesn't touch the puck as much as I'd like on the PP. Given how awful the power play as been, I don't know why Evason hasn't yet tried repositioning him to try and get the puck on his stick more often.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
There is a -100% chance that they take Foligno and if they do... it’s really not a huge loss.

I really wish posters would stop saying this; one of the biggest downfalls of Fletcher's era was getting quality bottom 6 players like Foligno (and he overpaid to get).

He's somehow on pace for 27 goals this season (more than likely won't reach that total even if it was an 82 game season), but his pace last season at 15 goals isn't unfathomable for him to maintain. He's a valuable depth piece for Minnesota that is also well-liked in the locker room, provides some toughness and presence and is one of the best defensive forwards in the game. There are reasons why guys like Foligno are valuable even if they don't show up on the scoreboard.

Reactions: 57special

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I really wish posters would stop saying this; one of the biggest downfalls of Fletcher's era was getting quality bottom 6 players like Foligno (and he overpaid to get).

He's somehow on pace for 27 goals this season (more than likely won't reach that total even if it was an 82 game season), but his pace last season at 15 goals isn't unfathomable for him to maintain. He's a valuable depth piece for Minnesota that is also well-liked in the locker room, provides some toughness and presence and is one of the best defensive forwards in the game. There are reasons why guys like Foligno are valuable even if they don't show up on the scoreboard.

It wasn't an overpay to get Foligno. It was an overpay to get rid of Pominville. And it was worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad