Minnesota Wild General Discussion XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
You mean do any of us travel the globe watching hockey games for fun? Probably not.

I have been to games in Finland, Sweden, Latvia (KHL,) Germany, and Canada. I saw Anton Lundell play in Helsinki last year against Karpat and also several prospects in Sweden when I saw Djurgarden play in 2018.

But Rossi/Kaprizov, no. Unfortunately, the only KHL game I have seen was Dinamo Riga (Latvia) vs Jokerit (Finland.)

Reactions: MNRube

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I have been to games in Finland, Sweden, Latvia (KHL,) Germany, and Canada. I saw Anton Lundell play in Helsinki last year against Karpat and also several prospects in Sweden when I saw Djurgarden play in 2018.

But Rossi/Kaprizov, no. Unfortunately, the only KHL game I have seen was Dinamo Riga (Latvia) vs Jokerit (Finland.)

So are we both right?

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
I don't think a singular, early season showing is enough of a sample size. To sate HF, best player on the ice by a margin, but just a sub-par game by both teams, crispy 3:30 pm start time.

Olcoach

Nov 25, 2018
The Tundra
I don't think a singular, early season showing is enough of a sample size. To sate HF, best player on the ice by a margin, but just a sub-par game by both teams, crispy 3:30 pm start time.
Lol. You must be a politician. I obviously did not pose the question correctly. In your opinion, elite or not?

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
All these teams are getting their 3rd or 4th jerseys leaked and the Wild are still standing around with 2. Any idea when we could see those?

Can anyone go ask their uncles or can we pledge not to argue for 1 day so we can get a leak?

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
All these teams are getting their 3rd or 4th jerseys leaked and the Wild are still standing around with 2. Any idea when we could see those?

Can anyone go ask their uncles or can we pledge not to argue for 1 day so we can get a leak?
Russo said on his podcast we'll see it before the season so I would imagine the Wild's shit marketing dept. is probably figuring out the most timid and "Minnesotan" way to announce it.

Reactions: HotDish

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
where do you guys (and gals) think the wild will finish this season? i wish the wild had brought in a russian speaking player to compliment kaprizov helping his adjustment to the nhl go smoother.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
where do you guys (and gals) think the wild will finish this season? i wish the wild had brought in a russian speaking player to compliment kaprizov helping his adjustment to the nhl go smoother.
5th in the central. Lose in 5 in the first round.

I never understood the Russian speaking line mate need for Kaprizov

Reactions: 57special

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I actually think the Wild will be a wildcard playoff team. I'm hoping whenever Vegas releases over unders on NHL wins I'll go down to Iowa and place a bet on the Wild for the Over.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
The Wild have too good of a defensive core to miss the playoffs as long as they get adequate goaltending from Talbot. I don't see them advancing out of the 1st round, though.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
The Wild have too good of a defensive core to miss the playoffs as long as they get adequate goaltending from Talbot. I don't see them advancing out of the 1st round, though.

Yep. As long as Talbot is Average, this is a playoff team. If Fiala continues, and Rossi/Kaprizov surprise, it could be a very good playoff team.

Reactions: HotDish

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
A lot depends if they are going to rearrange the teams into bubbles, and who we would be grouped with.

If Kap was given the choice between an elite linemate with zero Russian, or a lesser linemate who is fluent in Russian, I bet he'd take the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad