Minnesota Wild General Discussion XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I really think Belpedio will get some NHL time this year. Because he can play both sides, he is handy to have around, and seems to have an all round game. Between he, Addison, and eventually Menell, it's nice to have options at RHD.

That Pateryn signing has turned out to be pretty bad.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I really think Belpedio will get some NHL time this year. Because he can play both sides, he is handy to have around, and seems to have an all round game. Between he, Addison, and eventually Menell, it's nice to have options at RHD.

eh, I don't think he was a bad 3rd pairing guy. He had warts when he needed to play in the top 4D. I can't blame the guy for getting injured.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Unless they dress 7 defenseman, one of either Hunt or Pateryn is coming out of the line-up should Belpedio make the team.

Bepedio making the team isn't all that likely, but would be great if he does make that step. Hunt isn't an NHL player and the sooner he goes away the better.

Outside of him being a little too injury prone, Pateryn was an outstanding signing.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Bepedio making the team isn't all that likely, but would be great if he does make that step. Hunt isn't an NHL player and the sooner he goes away the better.

He will need to be put on waivers if he doesn't make the team. You don't believe another team would pick him up?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He will need to be put on waivers if he doesn't make the team. You don't believe another team would pick him up?
If he isn't good enough to make the team, does it really matter? I would hope that Guerin is smart enough to keep the younger guy in that situation, but I don't really see it as any thing to get worked up about. I remember being bothered by the fact that they let Seeler go to keep Hunt, but even that decision really hasn't hurt the team in any significant way.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
If he isn't good enough to make the team, does it really matter? I would hope that Guerin is smart enough to keep the younger guy in that situation, but I don't really see it as any thing to get worked up about. I remember being bothered by the fact that they let Seeler go to keep Hunt, but even that decision really hasn't hurt the team in any significant way.

Wouldn't shock me at all if BG is more than willing to to bury Hunt in the AHL. He was Fenton's boy.

Seeler lost his job to Soucy more than Hunt, so I don't really see them as related all that much.

Reactions: 2Pair

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Wouldn't shock me at all if BG is more than willing to to bury Hunt in the AHL. He was Fenton's boy.

Seeler lost his job to Soucy more than Hunt, so I don't really see them as related all that much.
Seeler also couldn't figure out to play a game without taking 1 or 2 boneheaded penalties.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Seeler and Hunt are relatable in that both are #7 dmen on this roster. Guerin needed a roster spot and chose to keep Hunt over Seeler. I would've preferred to keep Seeler. But, like I said, not sure it's really made a difference.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Seeler and Hunt are relatable in that both are #7 dmen on this roster. Guerin needed a roster spot and chose to keep Hunt over Seeler. I would've preferred to keep Seeler. But, like I said, not sure it's really made a difference.
I probably would have made the same call.

Hunt has a usefull skill that can help teams (being legitimately good on the PP). Seeler was more or less below average in his entire skillset.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought Seeler was doing well as a physical, good skating 6/7D who would do anything for the team...sort of a tougher, better skating Nate Prosser...then Fenton brought in Bitetto and insisted Boudreau play him. After that, in his rare TOI he seemed too desperate to make an impression, and started making mistakes.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I thought Seeler was doing well as a physical, good skating 6/7D who would do anything for the team...sort of a tougher, better skating Nate Prosser...then Fenton brought in Bitetto and insisted Boudreau play him. After that, in his rare TOI he seemed too desperate to make an impression, and started making mistakes.
Oh God, i completely blocked Bitetto out of my head. A true living turnover.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I still don't buy that line of bullshit

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Feel free to explain Fiala then
Zucker? I think Bruce had his loyalties to his guys like Parise and Zucker. Plus wasn't Donato getting chances in the top 6?

Honestly my brain is so hazy trying to remember that long ago even though it wasn't too long ago. Didn't Aberg also get a few shots in the top 6?

For some odd reason I keep thinking that they were trying Fiala out at LW for a while before he played more RW. I could be 100% wrong though.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Zucker? I think Bruce had his loyalties to his guys like Parise and Zucker. Plus wasn't Donato getting chances in the top 6?

Honestly my brain is so hazy trying to remember that long ago even though it wasn't too long ago. Didn't Aberg also get a few shots in the top 6?

For some odd reason I keep thinking that they were trying Fiala out at LW for a while before he played more RW. I could be 100% wrong though.
So, Boudreau was so afraid of Fenton that he would play Bitetto, but not afraid enough to play Fiala? And Fenton was willing to threaten Boudreau over Bitetto but didn't care how Boudreau treated Fiala?

Like I said, it's nothing but bullshit concocted by Russo to try and make his buddy Bruce look less incompetent than he was.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
So, Boudreau was so afraid of Fenton that he would play Bitetto, but not afraid enough to play Fiala? And Fenton was willing to threaten Boudreau over Bitetto but didn't care how Boudreau treated Fiala?

Like I said, it's nothing but bullshit concocted by Russo to try and make his buddy Bruce look less incompetent than he was.
Didn’t Boudreau play Fiala a ton when he arrived, which would be in-line woth Fenton ordering him to? It wasn’t until the start of this year, when Fenton was gone, that BB started benching Fiala, which was idiotic in its own right.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

It might be true. No idea personally.

If it is, the difference between Fiala and Bitetto is that Fiala was under contract for another season.

So it would be Fenton telling BB that he needs Bitetto in the lineup to evaluate how he fits in MN and if they want to resign him.

Which does somewhat jive with what happened, he was an every day player his first 3 weeks here, and a often healthy scratch the rest of the season. They saw enough in those 3 weeks to decide they don't want him long term.

Argument against that, is he was in Nashville for 6 seasons with Fenton. Should have known what he was at that point.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Donato also played 15.5 minutes per night in the top 6 during the end of last season, while this season Boudreau played him 10 on the fourth line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->