Minnesota Wild General Discussion XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I fail to see why people want to get rid of Kunin. He’s improved his point totals and point per game every season. T-4th last season in goals. He’s only 22, there is room for more improvement. If he’s a 25+25 guy that is a solid second line player that a lot of teams would love to have.

He's already had technically 3 seasons under his belt as well, and I feel like people think he's older than he really is. He only has had one full season due to injuries, so his development has been set back.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Learn anything good?
unfortunately nothing really new.

- They would take Yaroslav if he is BPA
- Lots of confidence in Judd Brackett, sounds like when he came over he shifted and moved their draft board alot when he joined. So i would guess he has a lot of control over our drafting now.
- Are not going to move Dumba unless they get something they are happy with.
- Open to trade for any position if it makes the team better.
- Praised Brodin a lot.
- Open to moving up/down/stay put in draft.
- Dispelled the rumor that Leipold said to draft more Minnesotans (this was the stupidest question IMO)
- They view Boldy as a Winger
- Disappointed that Menell went to the KHL since it sounded like the team viewed him pretty high in their eyes. Plan to keep him and get him back, but sounded like they were a bit upset he pulled the plug early. However, they do understand he did what he thought was best for himself and that is what matters.
- Depending on how long NHL season is there could be a chance Menell and Khovanov get called back, but Guerin can't say for sure since they don't know all the details about 2020/21 season.

a lot of the questions were nothing burgers because obviously Guerin can't talk about players in contract with other teams and they can't tip their hand on players they wish to draft.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
unfortunately nothing really new.

- They would take Yaroslav if he is BPA
- Lots of confidence in Judd Brackett, sounds like when he came over he shifted and moved their draft board alot when he joined. So i would guess he has a lot of control over our drafting now.
- Are not going to move Dumba unless they get something they are happy with.
- Open to trade for any position if it makes the team better.
- Praised Brodin a lot.
- Open to moving up/down/stay put in draft.
- Dispelled the rumor that Leipold said to draft more Minnesotans (this was the stupidest question IMO)
- They view Boldy as a Winger
- Disappointed that Menell went to the KHL since it sounded like the team viewed him pretty high in their eyes. Plan to keep him and get him back, but sounded like they were a bit upset he pulled the plug early. However, they do understand he did what he thought was best for himself and that is what matters.
- Depending on how long NHL season is there could be a chance Menell and Khovanov get called back, but Guerin can't say for sure since they don't know all the details about 2020/21 season.

a lot of the questions were nothing burgers because obviously Guerin can't talk about players in contract with other teams and they can't tip their hand on players they wish to draft.
I'm glad he addressed the "draft Minnesotans" thing, if only to shut people like McGuire up.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It's interesting they value Mennell so high, but are jammed at defense. Could be a reason why he isn't pulling the trigger yet on a Dumba trade.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
It's interesting they value Mennell so high, but are jammed at defense. Could be a reason why he isn't pulling the trigger yet on a Dumba trade.
I think they haven't pulled the trigger on a trade with Dumba is because they may want to start a bidding war. So far it sounds like Calgary and Winnipeg are interested. Wouldn't mind seeing if Tampa wants to do anything or see if teams that miss on Petro would be calling too.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I think they haven't pulled the trigger on a trade with Dumba is because they may want to start a bidding war. So far it sounds like Calgary and Winnipeg are interested. Wouldn't mind seeing if Tampa wants to do anything or see if teams that miss on Petro would be calling too.

Dumba's issue as well is that he's owed 12.6 million on a 12 cap hit and that's a lot of money. They also need to keep him in terms of the expansion draft. Lots of little webs to untangle here.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
So no buyouts, Dubnyk and Rask will stay.

Guerin basically said Rask hasn't been treated well, I guess this means he'll get a spot in the lineup and play a lot more.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
So no buyouts, Dubnyk and Rask will stay.

Guerin basically said Rask hasn't been treated well, I guess this means he'll get a spot in the lineup and play a lot more.

At this point, they should just throw him on the 1st line and see what he can do. Maybe Fiala and Zucc could elevate his game to a higher level. BG seems to be really high on him for some reason, but I have no idea why. I don't think he has the talent or work-ethic to be a Top 6 C.

Zucc - Rask - Fiala
Kaprizov - Ek - Kunin
Parise - Johansson - Bjugstad
Foligno - Sturm - Hartman

Trade Donato + Greenway for futures, 1C package additions, or similarly skilled RWs (Would much rather trade Parise and keep Donato around if possible though)

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
BG seems to be really high on him for some reason, but I have no idea why.

BG is stuck with him, is probably why and really, there isn't anything more he can say about Rask that fans don't already know. He's high on Rask, because there aren't any other good centers on the roster.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I fail to see why people want to get rid of Kunin. He’s improved his point totals and point per game every season. T-4th last season in goals. He’s only 22, there is room for more improvement. If he’s a 25+25 guy that is a solid second line player that a lot of teams would love to have.

Outsider here and I agree. I really like Kunin's game and I think he can forge a solid career as a 2nd line player. I don't think he'll ever drive a line but he'll be a good complimentary piece. I actually thought coming into the draft, he reminded me a lot of Kyle Palmieri. I think if the Minny staff is patient with him and puts him in positions to succeed, I can see Kunin hitting 5o points in his prime years.

I know for a fact Boston was back and forth between McAvoy and Kunin with their first pick and that when they selected McAvoy, the talk was then trading up with their 2nd 1st round pick to get a shot at drafting Kunin. That was quickly shot to pieces when the Wild picked Kunin with the next pick.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
What in the world has Rask done to deserve the #1C spot...ever? I feel like I'm in Bizarro world. Rask a #1C, Staal, our #1C traded for a 30 pt. LW...

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
What in the world has Rask done to deserve the #1C spot...ever? I feel like I'm in Bizarro world. Rask a #1C, Staal, our #1C traded for a 30 pt. LW...
4g9e1h.jpg

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Here's something for you guys to discuss, an interesting article in a Norwegian newspaper today.

One of Sweden's most respected NHL-journalists, Per Bjurman, believes that Guerin wants to re-tool and build a new team around Zuccarello. Bjurman says it's because Zuccarello is a very good leader, loved by his teammates, and represents the culture that Guerin is looking for in the locker room.

The article started about a guy in Norway who runs a hockey podcast, and he's a little worried about Zuccarello's future. That's why the paper contacted Bjurman who's definitely one of the insiders in this league.

You'll need a translator..
«Zucca»s lagkamerater forsvinner – NHL-ekspert bekymret

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Here's something for you guys to discuss, an interesting article in a Norwegian newspaper today.

One of Sweden's most respected NHL-journalists, Per Bjurman, believes that Guerin wants to re-tool and build a new team around Zuccarello. Bjurman says it's because Zuccarello is a very good leader, loved by his teammates, and represents the culture that Guerin is looking for in the locker room.

The article started about a guy in Norway who runs a hockey podcast, and he's a little worried about Zuccarello's future. That's why the paper contacted Bjurman who's definitely one of the insiders in this league.

No offense to Zucc, but building a team around a 33 year old winger that's played here for all of a year is absurd.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

I think Zucc deserves another shot in the top6 to start off the season.

However,

If the team is building around any winger. Fiala and Kap are ahead of Zuccarello.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad