Minnesota Wild General Discussion XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Here's something for you guys to discuss, an interesting article in a Norwegian newspaper today.

One of Sweden's most respected NHL-journalists, Per Bjurman, believes that Guerin wants to re-tool and build a new team around Zuccarello. Bjurman says it's because Zuccarello is a very good leader, loved by his teammates, and represents the culture that Guerin is looking for in the locker room.

The article started about a guy in Norway who runs a hockey podcast, and he's a little worried about Zuccarello's future. That's why the paper contacted Bjurman who's definitely one of the insiders in this league.

You'll need a translator..
«Zucca»s lagkamerater forsvinner – NHL-ekspert bekymret
Yeah I hear a lot of teams are trying the strategy of building their team around 33 year olds coming off a down year.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The article started about a guy in Norway who runs a hockey podcast, and he's a little worried about Zuccarello's future. That's why the paper contacted Bjurman who's definitely one of the insiders in this league.

Zuccs should be worried, because it's more likely he'll be playing a limited role than in the top 6 this season. Teams don't build around a non-goal scoring 33 year old left shooting winger.

Reactions: DANOZ28

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Zuccs should be worried, because it's more likely he'll be playing a limited role than in the top 6 this season. Teams don't build around a non-goal scoring 33 year old left shooting winger.
No, it isn't. At least not at this time.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Johansson is a young player? Rask? Bjugstad? These players are the epitome of cast-off, middle aged players who are a year or two away from being out of the league. Rask is slow, Bjugstad is average, when he can even stay on the ice, and MoJo has also had injury problems, though he is faster. He doesn't have any puck handling skills to speak of, though, or certainly nothing close to what Staal or Koivu had.

We are going to be the same old team. Strong D, anemic forward group. Betting everything on the two KK's, at this point.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Johansson is a young player? Rask? Bjugstad? These players are the epitome of cast-off, middle aged players who are a year or two away from being out of the league. Rask is slow, Bjugstad is average, when he can even stay on the ice, and MoJo has also had injury problems, though he is faster. He doesn't have any puck handling skills to speak of, though, or certainly nothing close to what Staal or Koivu had.

We are going to be the same old team. Strong D, anemic forward group. Betting everything on the two KK's, at this point.
Huh?

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
The send off Koivu article really brings highlight to how classy Koivu is. I honestly wouldn't doubt he could have a future in a potential GM career path if he chose too, hes got a personality for it imo.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Agreed. Koivu is a GM in the making just by his intensity and drive. He is so no-BS. But he can probably BS with the best of them too.

Reactions: grN1g

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Agreed. Koivu is a GM in the making just by his intensity and drive. He is so no-BS. But he can probably BS with the best of them too.
I know there's all this past connection to the team with big jobs or w.e being argued Right now but I would kind of like a tandem of BG MK running the show. I dont know how the path works to assistant really but I think that would be kind of cool.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I've never been a fan of the Wild logo and color scheme. I would've preferred kelly green instead of forest green, Dallas Stars be damned.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I like Forest green but that font better never find its way onto a Wild jersey again

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
so assuming that mirrors the jerseys, i think we've seen concepts posted that are pretty similar

green shoulders, cream jersey, red numbers. Interesting to go back to that font

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Will these be another 3rd jersey? Or will they be used full time this season?

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
Will these be another 3rd jersey? Or will they be used full time this season?
alts. The Wild are one of the last teams to have an alt jersey.

following is speculation/rumor that came from a trusted source to me:

Originally we were going to to introduce the scripted greens again. However, there was a push to try something new. IDK if it was ownership that wanted something different(merchandise sales etc) or adidas wanting to make an their own jersey concept. Jerseys were delayed

They let STH vote on the alt. My extended family who are club STHers said the concepts were a black one, North star inspired one, and last one slips my mind. Unsurprisingly, the STHs picked the black jerseys. Good news for us though is the jersey failed the TV test while looking bad on the ice. Jerseys were delayed.

I have no idea want the alts will look like, but in the coming years there will be a pushed for the NHL to have a 4th throwback jersey for all the teams. Russo speculated that the Wild will probably go North Star inspired.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
alts. The Wild are one of the last teams to have an alt jersey.

following is speculation/rumor that came from a trusted source to me:

Originally we were going to to introduce the scripted greens again. However, there was a push to try something new. IDK if it was ownership that wanted something different(merchandise sales etc) or adidas wanting to make an their own jersey concept. Jerseys were delayed

They let STH vote on the alt. My extended family who are club STHers said the concepts were a black one, North star inspired one, and last one slips my mind. Unsurprisingly, the STHs picked the black jerseys. Good news for us though is the jersey failed the TV test while looking bad on the ice. Jerseys were delayed.

I have no idea want the alts will look like, but in the coming years there will be a pushed for the NHL to have a 4th throwback jersey for all the teams. Russo speculated that the Wild will probably go North Star inspired.
They need to stop asking STH's about things like this.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Middle-aged white people who have enough disposable income to be STH's have terrible taste/fashion sense. For the most part ;) .

Reactions: MuckOG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig