Speculation: Mikko Rantanen Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Then again, i think players should get paid to what they are worth. Joe himself signed OS at one time to pressure his team and now hes a stand up guy towards players as GM? Sounds more like a hypocrite to be honest :)
Meh offer sheet is different than a holdout

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013

LOL so lebrun says its about term, Dater says its about AAV. here is a crazy & wild thought, no one knows a single thing going on with the avalanche. & the truth is it has always been that way, going back to lacroix. I always get caught up in what the lebrun, freidmans & mackenzie etc say but in reality the avalanche have their own media & are run like the KGB. Nothing ever gets out unless they want it to get out. these talking heads literally know nothing (about the avs).

Reactions: cgf and thefors

RoadWarrior

Mar 4, 2002
In a van down by the river
Visit site
LOL so lebrun says its about term, Dater says its about AAV. here is a crazy & wild thought, no one knows a single thing going on with the avalanche. & the truth is it has always been that way, going back to lacroix. I always get caught up in what the lebrun, freidmans & mackenzie etc say but in reality the avalanche have their own media & are run like the KGB. Nothing ever gets out unless they want it to get out. these talking heads literally know nothing (about the avs).

Just about every significant RFA wants a 5 year deal. Period. Teams are offering either 6+ years or a 3 year bridge.

It's a game of chicken and the players will likely blink first.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
Just about every significant RFA wants a 5 year deal. Period. Teams are offering either 6+ years or a 3 year bridge.

It's a game of chicken and the players will likely blink first.
you can pretend to think you know whats going on with the avs and rantanen but youd be about as informed as dater, lebrun & eklund. its all speculation

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Rantanen will be signed before camp to a good deal for both sides. Nothing indicates there is issues with him and management and it's far from the marner.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Meh offer sheet is different than a holdout
I wouldn't call this a holdout. A holdout is when a player has a contract but is choosing not to report in order to get a restructure.

Mikko doesn't have a contract. To assume that the only reason is because HE is not being reasonable seems odd.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Rantanen will be signed before camp to a good deal for both sides. Nothing indicates there is issues with him and management and it's far from the marner.

Well there's the fact that he doesn't have a contract. I mean, we don't know much, but that is the only fact we have for sure. That says definitively there IS an issue. I don't think it's an issue that can't be addressed. I suspect it will be addressed, but your "it will be good for both sides" is pure speculation, when the only thing that ISN'T speculation, again, is that the 2 sides do not agree and haven't agreed for the past year.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
How can you be hung up on term and not dollars if one is contingent on the other?
Yeah, term, dollar, structure, and trade protection are literally the only things that can be on the table. I imagine both parties to each of the disputed contracts at least privately has a salary demand for contracts of any length.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Well there's the fact that he doesn't have a contract. I mean, we don't know much, but that is the only fact we have for sure. That says definitively there IS an issue. I don't think it's an issue that can't be addressed. I suspect it will be addressed, but your "it will be good for both sides" is pure speculation, when the only thing that ISN'T speculation, again, is that the 2 sides do not agree and haven't agreed for the past year.

Quote me next week when he's signed. This is just like any other negotiation. It's not a marner situation where he's holding out cause he isn't getting exactly what he wants handed to him on a silver platter. I know some people want to assume, but it's not and we will all find that out before next week.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Quote me next week when he's signed. This is just like any other negotiation. It's not a marner situation where he's holding out cause he isn't getting exactly what he wants handed to him on a silver platter. I know some people want to assume, but it's not and we will all find that out before next week.
Marner is unsigned.
Rantanen is unsigned.

The only person assuming anything is you since you seem to be assuming the Marner situation is a problem but the Rantanen one isn't without any reason to believe that to be true.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
Marner is unsigned.
Rantanen is unsigned.

The only person assuming anything is you since you seem to be assuming the Marner situation is a problem but the Rantanen one isn't without any reason to believe that to be true.

Except the fact that dubas has mentioned they have been negotiating for awhile and marners camp has made statements saying they want a Matthews type deal where as sakic has said they let rantanen have the summer to himself and they have no worries about coming to terms. Pretty easy to base my assumption off the evidence given. Like I said, challenge what im saying next week if he isn't signed.

Chiarelli

Jan 27, 2019
Bingo!

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Except the fact that dubas has mentioned they have been negotiating for awhile and marners camp has made statements saying they want a Matthews type deal where as sakic has said they let rantanen have the summer to himself and they have no worries about coming to terms. Pretty easy to base my assumption off the evidence given. Like I said, challenge what im saying next week if he isn't signed.
giphy.gif

Yeah, the only reason Mikko isn't in camp is because Sakic wanted to give him the summer off.

Oh dear.

You know what would have made Mikko relax more this summer? Having a contract 3 months ago.

Yet........ he doesn't one.

He's no closer to signing than Marner. Yet you see a problem with Marner and not with Mikko. I will make one assumption though: your username is possibly clouding your ability to look at both situations subjectively.

Reactions: cgf and Metroid

yeaher

May 3, 2019
Joe is not ready to commit the funds to Mikko at their current negotiated term. If he is giving out the funds, he wants more UFA years (likely). While Mikko would obviously want less, unless paid handsomely.
so basically what he wrote

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
giphy.gif

Yeah, the only reason Mikko isn't in camp is because Sakic wanted to give him the summer off.

Oh dear.

You know what would have made Mikko relax more this summer? Having a contract 3 months ago.

Yet........ he doesn't one.

He's no closer to signing than Marner. Yet you see a problem with Marner and not with Mikko. I will make one assumption though: your username is possibly clouding your ability to look at both situations subjectively.

Camp hasn't started yet lol.. so no Mikko isn't in Camp, no one is. He will be there next week and I'll come back to let you know your theory of everything is worst case scenario is a piss poor way to think. The fact you think training camp is happening and rantanen isnt there tells me enough about your knowledge and approach to this topic. Get at me next week when rantanen is signed. Lolol imagine adding a laughing GIF to look like a smart ass and not knowing that training camp hasn't started yet and they still have a week to get the deal done hahaha

Last edited:

TheFinalWord

Apr 25, 2005
you can pretend to think you know whats going on with the avs and rantanen but youd be about as informed as dater, lebrun & eklund. its all speculation

You can talk about how the Avs are like the KGB, but they can't control what Rantanen or his agent/agency happen to share with anyone. You have no idea who's feeding info. It may be quiet on all fronts, but that's speculation on your part.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I think Rantanen gets done at around 8AAV for 6 years; 8.5 AAV for 7 years or 9AAV for 8 years;

Sakic ain't paying Ranta more than that

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
8 year contracts are pretty crazy. Idk why GMs think that is reasonable. Entry contract plus 8 year deal is basically your entire career.

When a player chooses to make themselves available for the NHL draft; by default; they sign to abide by the NHL rules.

In the CBA; the drafting team has privilege over the player until that player reaches characteristics that deems him a UFA

If a GM of a team deems that 8 year deal is the best deal for the organization for the player they drafted and developed then I don't see what is the problem with it

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Not only did Dubas screw it up for everyone, now RFAs will have no problem missing half the season, and they’ll expect to be still paid for the full season.

Other GMs are not rookie GMs who are going to get bent over by the RFAs; there was a story out that this might be the season where some RFAs might actually sit out the season as other GMs won't budge

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Does the crazy Keller deal change the landscape for Rantanen and other RFAs?

Keller is coming off 65 and 47 point seasons and got 8 years @ 7.15M. I would have to assume that Rantanen is now looking north of 11 if that is the comp

Rantanen plays with Mack; who does Keller play with again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad