Speculation: Mikko Rantanen Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Guys, Brewer is basically a troll account. Don't worry about it. He's pretty good at it though cuz he always gets people going.
troll or not

he is 100% correct

melander could not even sniff rants cup

rants>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>melander AINEC

oh and i have been a leafs fans since 72

Reactions: Patagonia

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Um, pardon me? I’m pretty sure most Toronto fans are also saying that in order to justify the contracts that their GM handed out.
If true... equally silly and I stand corrected.

If we are going to do that, we need to also look at things like housing costs. Factoring in "take home pay" and cost of housing shouldn't SJ have the highest paid players to make up for this?

And shouldn't FLA players and ARI players have super low AAVs?

Agents, players, union,.... none of them go by "take home pay" when weener measuring.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If true... equally silly and I stand corrected.

If we are going to do that, we need to also look at things like housing costs. Factoring in "take home pay" and cost of housing shouldn't SJ have the highest paid players to make up for this?

And shouldn't FLA players and ARI players have super low AAVs?

Agents, players, union,.... none of them go by "take home pay" when weener measuring.

Read through some of the main board threads about taxes. There are some people making these arguments although they generally don’t factor in the cost of living or the present value of money in contracts with heavy bonus-laden/front-loaded contract structures. I shouldn’t paint all folks with the same brush or generalize one fanbase but it is definitely not just Colorado fans saying this.

Do teams with lower state tax rates get significant discounts?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006

LeBrun says Rantanen and the Avs are working on a long term deal.

Says that Sakic offered 8.5 earlier this month but he thinks the number will have to begin with a 9 for Mikko to sign for 7 years. He expects it to get done in the next few weeks.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I believe Rantanen will sign a 7-8yrs / 9.5M contract within a few days. If Sakic is offering 8.5M and Rantanen is asking <10M, they just talk term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->