Prospect Info: Mike Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
If this kid wants to bloom with the Wild as his team, I think two things need to happen. One, he needs structure in his game. It will be almost impossible to not get that in the Wild's system and pipeline. Two, when he does have a good defensive basic structure down, Yeo needs to (assuming he makes the Wild at some point) not put a leash on him if he is something special rushing the puck and taking control. The kid can flat out SKATE.

As Bobby Orr said of Karlsson "I want to say one thing about the coach and whoever is allowing him to do this and I've been saying this forever: You get a guy who can skate like that, let him go, for god's sakes."

Now, Reilly will not turn into EK 2.0 but you understand my point.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Paul Martin and Goligoski were never hailed as defensive d men. Martin turned into one of the better in the NHL and Gogo is close to 23 min TOI in his years in DAL. Ballard another O minded player was reckless. Martin, Gogo and Reilly are smoth and calculated.

His game is structured. The gophers play an open game allowing D men to take their chances and having forwards get back on D. He looked fine in the WCs, not great but fine. He is too smart like a Martin(who went to d minded NJ at the time) to not pick up a system right away.

No need to play D when you can hold the zone all shift.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Cap hit is $2.025m. Fletcher gave him a #4 Wild jersey so it sounds like he'll be in the NHL next year.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
exactly why right here. he easily could have gotten a sick number like 24, 27, 28, 88, basically anything. I feel that 4 is not good for an offensive minded guy, more like a defensive D :)

images

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
To me, 2-6 are classic d'man numbers, though I like Coyle with the 3.

7 up is a forward number, at least in the old school.

You have to go 23-29 for more classic d'man numbers, though anything in the 20s is fair game (Suter).

Which is why I hope the Wild refrain from retiring numbers unless they have an all-time great, Gretzky 88, Orr 4, etc.

Not a fan of 53, 67, 45, etc.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
To me, 2-6 are classic d'man numbers, though I like Coyle with the 3.

7 up is a forward number, at least in the old school.

You have to go 23-29 for more classic d'man numbers, though anything in the 20s is fair game (Suter).

Which is why I hope the Wild refrain from retiring numbers unless they have an all-time great, Gretzky 88, Orr 4, etc.

Not a fan of 53, 67, 45, etc.

I hope that's a typo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad