Prospect Info: Mike Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
If Reilly makes the team, a Reilly-Dumba pairing should never, ever see a defensive zone start.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Loving all the angry Hawks fans that are trying to downplay his abilities now.

Yeah, the seeds of an infraction-fest are being planted in the main board thread right now. Probably a good idea to just be modest and polite if anyone decides to post there.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
It's good news for Michael Paliotta and Stephen Johns and Tevor van Riemsdyk among other Hawks prospects who had good college careers and could possibly make the NHL squad now. I'm sure that's part of the reason that Reilly didn't choose Chicago.

Not sure he's a great fit for the Wild, but certainly makes trading Spurgeon less of an awful idea. I like what I've seen from Reilly, I think he needs AHL time.

I think he definitely needs AHL time. A full year at least, ideally.

That's the beauty of our situation. We have the depth to keep him down there.

His defense needs a lot of work.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
Woohoo!! Great news. It really is interesting watching all these touted free agents coming to Minnesota the last few years. Fletch must really be doing something right.. Hope to start seeing some results!!

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
For me this just speaks to the "Minnesota we have a hockey team" bit and also how this could be the most "one of us! one of us!" state of all time. :laugh:

You now have kids that grew up watching the Wild and the team now is a draw to those who want to suit up for their home state.

That's why I think obviously the loss of the North Stars pushed this state back in terms of a Cup because you lost almost a generation of players that didn't have a "home team", and now they do.

I want to say I looked at rosters this season and they had the most people from their home state / province on roster than any other team, and that didn't include Vanek who has been in Wild territory since he was what 15-16, Haula and Suter too I think.

Either way, his USA jersey STAYS IN THE BOX until said deal is completed so the curse stays away.

Only downer is we'll be hated by Columbus fans for awhile, or at least when Reilly plays them.

On the plus side, this now forces Chicago to their Plan B to climbing out of Cap Hell. Reilly would have worked perfectly for them to add a young, affordable asset on their blue line. I'm sure they'll be gifted with some other trade that Bowman is able to pull out of his bum, but at least they can't have Reilly!!!

They already "hated" the Wild, when they tanked and didn't get into the playoffs, even though they should have been more upset with Detroit that year.

Anyway, it gave them more of a fanbase then when I was going to games there almost 10 years ago now.

Fair enough :yo:

Technically Wisconsin is part of "Wild Country" so you'll likely get some of your guys who want to "play at home" unless they are from the far Eastern part of the state.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
I don't know where I'd have him in terms of the team's D prospects.

1. Labbe

2. Reilly
3. Olofsson

That's likely how I'd rate them. Gap is significant from Labbe down. Reilly gets the edge over Olofsson because Gus can't stay healthy.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't know where I'd have him in terms of the team's D prospects.

1. Labbe

2. Reilly
3. Olofsson

That's likely how I'd rate them. Gap is significant from Labbe down. Reilly gets the edge over Olofsson because Gus can't stay healthy.

What is it about Labbe? Just at a superficial glance, I don't see much separate between him and Reilly. I can see it with Olofsson since he lost a year, but Reilly seems at least pretty close.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Will gladly eat crow on this one. Wow. Guess that means no Leopold or Prosser next year? Had a partner for Spurgeon?

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
What is it about Labbe? Just at a superficial glance, I don't see much separate between him and Reilly. I can see it with Olofsson since he lost a year, but Reilly seems at least pretty close.

Significantly advanced in most aspects relating to defending in regards to Reilly. Much better leverage on the player and puck. Both have the skill set to get up the ice but Labbe has a better feel for it, IMO. I Don't think he has the offensive upside that Reilly does but he isn't devoid of talent there either. Labbe has a more significant jump in competition coming but I think he's the significantly better player. Certainly the most undervalued prospect the Wild have. He's going to be good.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Significantly advanced in most aspects relating to defending in regards to Reilly. Much better leverage on the player and puck. Both have the skill set to get up the ice but Labbe has a better feel for it, IMO. I Don't think he has the offensive upside that Reilly does but he isn't devoid of talent there either. Labbe has a more significant jump in competition coming but I think he's the significantly better player. Certainly the most undervalued prospect the Wild have. He's going to be good.

Neat-o. Thanks.

So between Labbe, Olofsson and Reilly/Folin, we may have a competent defense in Iowa this year. Yay.

Last edited:

Alexandrov

Dec 5, 2011

Interesting. Very interesting. Intriguing even.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad