Mike Milbury (!) defends Canadiens against Bruins propaganda

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
i love pacioretty:

C'est de la jalousie, a lancé Pacioretty. Nous sommes au sommet, c'est tellement plaisant. Je trouve ça formidable de lire des commentaires comme ceux-là. Si nous étions derniers, personne ne dirait un mot sur nous. Or, nous sommes en tête et il n'y a pas de meilleure sensation au monde.»

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hocke...les-commentaires-de-claude-sont-ridicules.php

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009
"Haggerty: Chara's actions lose the battle, but win the war"

This one is funny too: http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/haggerty-charas-actions-lose-battle-win-war

Hahahaha, " Chara said he was hoping to avoid the instigator penalty by waiting to drop his gloves until Emelin had engaged him in a fight". If he is that ****ing dumb to think the ref wouldnt notice him skating 150 feet to get the guy and not call an instigator....... well I just dont know how he learned 5 languages.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
ok that's a weird call - how can they call it tripping or hooking but still give the "victim" a diving penalty?

Another reason the NHL is :dunce:

The only justification (and it's not applicable to most of these situations) is when it IS a legit penalty, but the player makes sure to embellish it to get the refs attention, thus calling into question the ref's ability to make the call by himself.

The Seguin/Stamkos situation is not what I described above. Seguin wasn't in the least impeded by Stamkos, but felt a little tap on his glove (which, yes, could be called a weak ass penalty cuz it was barely anything) and pretended to have tripped -- implying that Stamkos's action causes him to trip, which physically makes no sense.

Throwing your head back when you do get high sticked, I can see the justification IF it was for real, cuz these refs miss a lot of ****.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
i love pacioretty:

C'est de la jalousie, a lancé Pacioretty. Nous sommes au sommet, c'est tellement plaisant. Je trouve ça formidable de lire des commentaires comme ceux-là. Si nous étions derniers, personne ne dirait un mot sur nous. Or, nous sommes en tête et il n'y a pas de meilleure sensation au monde.»

http://www.lapresse.ca/sports/hocke...les-commentaires-de-claude-sont-ridicules.php

:handclap::yo:

Patch against Boston, all things considered - so awesome!

Chucky is going to become a really dominant force and like Stamkos, Staal, Tavares, etc. (not projecting him to be as great, although you never know, he's got potential) is going to be a player every team will respect, unlike how I now view Seguin. Every team, except Boston. I'm sure they're drawing up plans to end his career right now.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Current streak of games with at least a point:

Habs: 11 games
Bruins: 0 games

Y U mad Boston?

RushDP

Nov 9, 2006
LOL!! These Bruins are amazing with their embellishment crusade.
If anybody ever tried to sell a penalty it has been Seguin for a few games now. Maybe they should talk to that boy and straighten him out.
It's always the same thing with these guys.
Emelin should have protected his metal plated face from Chara's fists is the latest from Lucic.
Seriously, the Habs played a good road game, kept it simple, came from behind by exercising discipline and not playing their game.
3 out of 4 points for the weekend...excellent!!

Davebo*

All clod julien has done is put a magnifying glass squarely onto his own team. I bet they start calling embellishment now - against the bruins!

Davebo*

I love how the tool in the middle - after getting slammed by Milbury - starts whining 'the Habs always make it about the refs!'. No, idiot, that's what your boy clod julien did after the game.

Short on grey matter in the baston gahden area

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
For the record, Felger isn't even from here. He's from Wisconsin

He came over like 15 years ago as a newspaper writer and got big on the radio and TV, because he's willing to say the kind of dumb crap that gets the juices flowing of drunken meatheads and house wives who don't know what a saucer pass is

Most of what he says is met with facepalms from the normal fans around here

I think he was doing his job well. Part of the measure of the act is how well he channels the fury and passion that fans feel. As a Bruins fan, I would be nodding to everything he said. And I know that because as a Habs fan I watch those games and mutter to myself aloud, like a nutter, what a bunch of fraud tough guys etc Boston has.

But I also think that Milbury's message really was for the benefit of Bruins' fans. There was truth to what he was saying, which I heard to be: Boston is a good team, and Montreal has become a good team again, and Boston will lose to them if they give into their hubristic obsession with toughness to the point of being distracted from playing like the good team that they actually are.

David_99

Jan 16, 2005
Moncton, NB
What I never understood, they're the self proclaimed "Big Bad Bruins". They are big and bad. They call the Habs the Smirfs because of the size differential. Yet they wonder why the smaller Habs fall down when hit by said bigger, badder players?
Force? Inertia? Gravity? D'uh what are those words? Must mean diving...

DrunkenHabz

Jan 10, 2012
I'm not saying it was aliens but....

Seriously though, thank you Mike Millbury. Never thought I would say that. He made total sense here. How can that guy say Subban sold that Thornton hit? He got smoked from behind and got up instantly. There was one missed call the Bruins are complaining about and ironically Seguin embellished the hell out of it!

This win just keeps feeling better and better.

Exactly, not to mention the Ference diving when Eller pushed him softly, nor the two non-calls for obvious high sticking at Pacioretty and Gallagher I think (or Prust, can't remember) but the refs did everything they could in the third period to give a chance for the Bruins to score the equalizer goal.

The Seguin diving was a real joke. The guy remains unconscious on the ice, looking like he's got something like 6 broken ribs... but then plays the next shift 45 seconds later. And Julien has the guts to whine about the Habs so-called embellishment and to point at our stats for most penalties called this season? Are you kidding me, aren't the Habs also pretty high in the rankings for penalties against?

Claude Julien is a moron, and probably the best of its kind.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
"Jealousy" can't be the right word. Wrong choice of wording there.....Boston isn't dead last with 30 points behind. Frustration is more likely it.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
A few years back when Kostytsin laid that bomb on Lucic and Lucic sucker punched him in the head, Milbury was the one guy on HNIC who said Kosty's hit was legit.

Pigems*

What I never understood, they're the self proclaimed "Big Bad Bruins". They are big and bad. They call the Habs the Smirfs because of the size differential. Yet they wonder why the smaller Habs fall down when hit by said bigger, badder players?
Force? Inertia? Gravity? D'uh what are those words? Must mean diving...

This is pretty much what I was thinking?

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
What pisses me off in a situation like this is that the refs and the league will look at what is said by the Bums and they'll call the Habs for diving next game. You just know they'll watch the Habs like vultures.

Pigems*

Exactly, not to mention the Ference diving when Eller pushed him softly, nor the two non-calls for obvious high sticking at Pacioretty and Gallagher I think (or Prust, can't remember) but the refs did everything they could in the third period to give a chance for the Bruins to score the equalizer goal.

The Seguin diving was a real joke. The guy remains unconscious on the ice, looking like he's got something like 6 broken ribs... but then plays the next shift 45 seconds later. And Julien has the guts to whine about the Habs so-called embellishment and to point at our stats for most penalties called this season? Are you kidding me, aren't the Habs also pretty high in the rankings for penalties against?

Claude Julien is a moron, and probably the best of its kind.

I'd like to see Julien and Torts in a cage match lol MT as the ref :laugh:

Gary320

Feb 21, 2009
"Jealousy" can't be the right word. Wrong choice of wording there.....Boston isn't dead last with 30 points behind. Frustration is more likely it.

He was being sarcastic when he said it. If you watch the video, he smirked after he said it.. laughed about it too. Obviously he was joking.

He just brushed it off after and said the rest.

Small Brain Presence

I'm sorry, why are people surprised that a guy who played 11 years in the NHL and coached one team to a Stanley Cup final and another to a conference final knows something about hockey? Because Wang forced him to sign DiPietro for 15 years?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
You sure love the Bruins. :D

Nope. I hate them. Everytiem they play, I'd wish they'd lose. I hate to see them being so good and knowing they will be for years to come. The only way they,d stop being that dominant is by Chara's retirement. But Bruins seems to always find a way to still be up there. Though I know one thing....anybody in here would LOVE to have their kind of team. EVERYBODY. Would people in here be badmouthing Chara, Lucic or even Marchand if they'd be playing for us? I know, I would HATE some of Marchand's antics...but would appreciate his goals a whole lot that would compensate for it.

He was being sarcastic when he said it. If you watch the video, he smirked after he said it.. laughed about it too. Obviously he was joking.

He just brushed it off after and said the rest.

Thanks. It's pretty different though....the intention says it all then. Not a joke, it's a pretty questionable quote. A joke and then there's no problem. Personnally, I prefer to NOT be joking about that, I love Therrien's response. Julien should mind his team, we'd mind our own.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Nope. I hate them. Everytiem they play, I'd wish they'd lose. I hate to see them being so good and knowing they will be for years to come. The only way they,d stop being that dominant is by Chara's retirement. But Bruins seems to always find a way to still be up there. Though I know one thing....anybody in here would LOVE to have their kind of team. EVERYBODY. Would people in here be badmouthing Chara, Lucic or even Marchand if they'd be playing for us? I know, I would HATE some of Marchand's antics...but would appreciate his goals a whole lot that would compensate for it.

Don't try and label us all. I wouldn't want a team like that, **** that, and call me a homer if you want. Imagining Marchand/Lucic/Horton/Ference/McQuaid/Thornton desecrating the CH...*puke*...no thank you, sir. Sure I take Chara on my team anyday, but not a chance I ever want to see us become the Bruins, delivering cheap shot after cheap shot and playing a goon-style of hockey instead of real hockey.

I'd rather have an honourable team with character than a dirty team with a bunch of fake-tough guys.

I will remain disgusted the rest of my life that we choked in Game 4 of the 2011 ECQF and let them win the Cup. Disgusted. We failed hockey that day and that series. Failed. And we should embarrassed we did.

Mynameismark*

The Bruins and everything about them are a joke.

They like to claim we're the embodiment of this diving crap and blah blah....they say it's inbedded in our style. Really? Believeu has more class than their entire franchise overall, and The Rocket was the embodiment of what being a Canadien stands for.

Bruins fans would have you believe that they've never lost a game to us in a legit way. Them, as well as their players and coaches...all they do is blame the officiating and claim there are biases...they are a joke. They've been doing it for at least half a century. Sorry, but when the Habs continually beat your team year after year, it's not all on the reffing. Essentialy they are sore losers. Big time whiners. And whining is for losers, which is what their franchise has been for most of their existence. That's their identity.

So **** them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad