Mike Milbury (!) defends Canadiens against Bruins propaganda

Rscorpio

Epic Meal Time!
Feb 9, 2004
Santiago, Chile
look staged if you ask me.... all this ; We are the big bad Boston thing is getting a little bit ridiculous. its like WWE raw raw ...

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Claude Julien's crying is embarassing and needs to stop. Nothing from last game warranted such tears. You should be fined for accusing the other team of diving when you have Marchand in your lineup.

Every team does it from time to time, and you've got to be mentally challenged or simply irrational to think that a team benefits from it more than any other. You'll still have some conspiracy theorists coming in here telling us how some teams benefit from embellishment and how 9/11 was Bush's plan. Reading some of the Bruins fans on their board really feels like they're living in an idiocracy.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
The funny thing is, the guy on the right is Kevin Paul Dupont. And he is usually the type that tries so hard to be anti-homer that he goes too far and ends up making everyone hate him for being anti-Bruins. He also wants fighting out of the game, completely

I think he's a nimrod, personally. He was just a different kind of nimrod last night. Good to see he has no integrity and can change his colors on the fly for the sake of fake TV arguing

Thanks for being sensible and having an awesome avatar.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
It must be hard to be a Boston fan and not get swallowed into that insanity the media are selling them. Level headed sain Boston fans get all my respect.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
Felger sounded like a whiney baby. Every time Milbury explained his reasoning Felger would look away from the camera or just ignore what he was saying. You can tell when someone's listening and when someone's waiting for their turn to talk and he definitely falls into the latter category.

Kjell Dahlin

Jan 10, 2010
Québec, Québec
Mike Milbury mentioned that Felger was crying in his beer after a loss; the same thing can be said of Julien.

Subban embellished?! He got back up instantly after the hit from behind!

Julien is always crying after a loss; I remember him pouting, with watery eyes, when Laraque tried to fight Lucic. Julien was mad because Lucic was a young player... but months before, when Chara jumped on 19 years old Latendresse... it was the right thing to do!

That’s Julien; that’s the Bruins.

Daniel Plainview

Jan 8, 2012
Dracut MA
It must be hard to be a Boston fan and not get swallowed into that insanity the media are selling them. Level headed sain Boston fans get all my respect.

I used to fall into it some, when I was younger. Making blanket statements and assumptions about players I didn't know and fans I would never meet. Then I reached the age of reason

Now I step back and look at the way people react to this stuff and it's just crazy. The thread at the top of the Bruins thread, especially the first page is filled with such misguided, inflammatory drivel. As is the "CH stands for character" thread in this forum. The first couple pages anyway

Makes sense that it's worst at the beginning, when the game is more fresh in peoples minds or more importantly their emotions are still running high. But man, you would think this was a battle between good and evil

Even right now, both subforums and even this very thread there is and will be more people saying things like, "that guy in the middle is a typical Boston fan." It's disappointing to see people take that attitude, because it's flat out wrong

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

There aren't too many. Granted, habs fans aren't immune to media ******** either.

It's just ridiculous at this point. Bruins never dive, bruins play the game the right way, etc... WOW:laugh:

You see see a video about subban diving on youtube but you can also find one on seguin, marchand, thornton. I mean, I listed 3 names but its not a 1:3 ratio, im just saying, they do it too.

Then there's how we're soft and whiny. Gallagher and Desharnais are smallest guys on the ice and play as big as Chara.

As milbury surprisingly said, how was montreal soft when they crashed the net for shots and goals? Often Gallagher and DD doing dirty work.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
For the record, Felger isn't even from here. He's from Wisconsin

He came over like 15 years ago as a newspaper writer and got big on the radio and TV, because he's willing to say the kind of dumb crap that gets the juices flowing of drunken meatheads and house wives who don't know what a saucer pass is

Most of what he says is met with facepalms from the normal fans around here

I imagine he's a little bit like our Jack Todd...most fans from Montrealers will know what I mean.

Agnostic

11 Stanley Cups
Jun 24, 2007
I am curious about this regional bias thing. I know that on the occasion when I have watched baseball on NESN they are so incredibly biased for the home team it makes it almost unwatchable. Seems like the chosen method of that market.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Like I said, I don't think we have a Felger equivalent...unless you want to count Le Baron or Rejean Tremblay, if the latter did TV.

Tony is a special kind of loony, but he's more often anti-Habs than not.

Granted, we won't find mirror images but the RDS crew bashes habs every now and then too.

Felger likes to troll, so does Tony. That's how I see it.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
I think Milbury is incredibly retrograde and frequently wrong. But he is pretty consistently against whining, which is what the Julien comments and Boston media reaction was about. Excuses for why the lost a close game at home against the other team's backup goalie.

Daniel Plainview

Jan 8, 2012
Dracut MA
I am curious about this regional bias thing. I know that on the occasion when I have watched baseball on NESN they are so incredibly biased for the home team it makes it almost unwatchable. Seems like the chosen method of that market.

The Red Sox coverage is EASILY the worst. Because they owners of the team own NESN as well. The way they glaze over or completely ignore anything negative is embarrassing

Bruins? Eh, other than Jack Edwards, I think it's pretty run of the mill

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I think Milbury is incredibly retrograde and frequently wrong. But he is pretty consistently against whining, which is what the Julien comments and Boston media reaction was about. Excuses for why the lost a close game at home against the other team's backup goalie.

Honestly, at least he's consistent. I don't like him but seeing stuff like:

"Moen refuses to fight when habs are up 2-1, *****"

then

"Mcquaid did't fight for the team when they were up 3-2, kept his emotions in check, team player"

is an example of switching your stance. We do it too obviously. I'm just pointing out an example that's easier to relate to.

If habs whine, they didn't show it. Chara jumped Emelin and instead of habs cashing it in in supposed fear they crashed the net, they scored 2 goals and won the game.

At the end however, Julien decided to blow off some steam and vent. At the end of the day, yes Emelin's crosscheck was controversial but Julien made it out to be an excuse for Chara having to do what he did. Nope. Julien just wants bruins to get away with it next time so they can control the game and play their way.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
I agree about Felger, but disagree with the perfect embodiment generalization. That would be like me saying Tony Marinaro represents Montreal perfectly. I don't believe that for one minute

He's a moron, catering to other morons. Which is precisely what Felger is doing. Don't let the loud minority fool you. The majority disagrees with him, but the majority, as always, is the much more silent end of the spectrum

I appreciate and respect what you're are saying, I just think the words majority and minority should be swapped in this context.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad