Mike Milbury (!) defends Canadiens against Bruins propaganda

CN_paladin

Jan 22, 2007
Westeros
Marchand and Seguin are some of the best divers in the league whereas the supposedly tough players like Thornton and Chara have been caught embellishing in numerous occasions.

What an embarrassment to the league!

Pigems*

How the **** is that guy even a reporter? Milbury just made him look like a fool and could have made it worse! That's just plain funny :handclap:

Domenic

Jan 13, 2007
Calgary, AB
Claude Julien's crying is embarassing and needs to stop. Nothing from last game warranted such tears. You should be fined for accusing the other team of diving when you have Marchand in your lineup.

Every team does it from time to time, and you've got to be mentally challenged or simply irrational to think that a team benefits from it more than any other. You'll still have some conspiracy theorists coming in here telling us how some teams benefit from embellishment and how 9/11 was Bush's plan. Reading some of the Bruins fans on their board really feels like they're living in an idiocracy.

Marchand's post game comments are a new low. He is the 1st hockey player I've ever heard complain that he was being "picked on."

I've stopped paying attention to what he says but Christ, at least try to sound tough.

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
fans need to start making a chant when boston comes to town. Like a baby crying or something like that.

Pigems*

Marchand's post game comments are a new low. He is the 1st hockey player I've ever heard complain that he was being "picked on."

I've stopped paying attention to what he says but Christ, at least try to sound tough.

That whole family is like that, his cousin whined like a baby when we picked on him lol
Some one should have called Marchand a Wambulance :laugh:

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Julien is more frustrated at the horrible officiating of late. I went to the game Saturday against Tampa, and god was it horrible, both ways. Generally it has been going against the Bruins far more than in favor of the B's lately. Especially Lucic; anytime he hits anyone he is getting a penalty. It's becoming a joke. So sure, he was ticked off at how the officials botched last night, but this rant was about far more than just that game.

I actually wish Julien would let the refs have it once in a while, he never does anything but cross his arms and say nothing. It's refreshing to finally see him make a statement like this. So long as it doesn't happen regularly it isn't really that bad.

I didn't hear Julien complaining about Marchand trying to stick Prust while Prust was laying on the ice. I think Julien has selective vision when it comes to missed calls and embellishment. His teams are also famous for continuing with the crap after the whistle has been blown. Can't have it both ways Claude.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
LOL, that's awesome. That guy was getting red in the face while Milbury was shutting him up. I wonder if he actually watches his hometown team and sees what Marchand does.

Analyzer*

Who the **** is Mike Felger ?

Those personal make Boston fans looks terrible. They have some fans that you can have an actual conversation with, but that Felger guy is a cry baby. Gives the good Bruins fans a bad rep.

Renholder

Racing like a pro
Jun 24, 2005
montreal
Who the **** is Mike Felger ?

Those personal make Boston fans looks terrible. They have some fans that you can have an actual conversation with, but that Felger guy is a cry baby. Gives the good Bruins fans a bad rep.

From what I understand, he's an inflammatory boston beat writer and media personality whose sole job is to act and pander to knuckle dragging fox-news-loving criticial and intellectual midgets that cheer for the bruins. Also, he's actually from wisconsin and Older Bruins fans like to dishown him like we do with Tony or PJ stock.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
They act like that because they love us. Don't you remember in the SC finals against Vancouver all the Bruins fans were saying the Cannucks were 5x worse, that they miss playing the Scabs ? They missed our rivalry last year. It's Boston's way to show love.

Glad to see Milbury telling them how it is, though. He should have braught the high stick to Pacioretty's face, and it would have been perfect !

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Julien is more frustrated at the horrible officiating of late. I went to the game Saturday against Tampa, and god was it horrible, both ways. Generally it has been going against the Bruins far more than in favor of the B's lately. Especially Lucic; anytime he hits anyone he is getting a penalty. It's becoming a joke. So sure, he was ticked off at how the officials botched last night, but this rant was about far more than just that game.

I actually wish Julien would let the refs have it once in a while, he never does anything but cross his arms and say nothing. It's refreshing to finally see him make a statement like this. So long as it doesn't happen regularly it isn't really that bad.
Screaming at the refs is one thing. Singling out a player like PK for diving is another. I won't say I've never seen him dive but I didn't see it happen last night. And for Pete's sake he's got Marchand on his roster...

Just flat out dumb for him to do this.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Julien seems to really have a problem with Montreal. Most of the time, he never complains after a game about calls or the other team. Even when the media tries to goad him into it, he says things like, "that's up to the league" or "we're not going to worry about that" or "we can only control what we can control" or "I'm not going to stand here and make excuses"

But the few times he has piped up, it's after a Montreal game. Maybe he's bitter, not sure. But I guess I'll try to defend him and say, he usually doesn't complain. He's even come after some games last year where Marchand was diving like an idiot and said he wasn't happy with it and is going to talk to him about it

This. You're right, it is most directed at us and that's no surprise. There is nothing worse to the Bruins than the Habs and through whatever process it's called whereby you go from a decent person to a POS bloodthirsty moron just by joining the Bruins (Seriously Hamilton? Can't come up with something more diplomatic and non-violent? Can anyone imagine Chucky or Gally saying that?), Julien has become the Ãœber ****** (well...Chiarelli maybe).

Let me give you the synopsis of the Habs board ridiculousness:

- Price sucks
- Plekanec is soft and we should trade him (leading team in goals)
- We have too many smurfs
- Our captain is not a leader, TRADE HIM!
- TRADE MARKOV!
- Is Therrien mismanaging Lars Eller? (Look at him now)
,etc.

Bruins board:

- Habs are cheap, stick-hacking pukes, we rulezzz!

- Habs dive, we don't (and tbh, the Habs really DON'T dive relative to the league)

- Habs get all the calls (How the hell did Seguin go down like a ton of bricks there and then just get up? If it were the other way, Edwards would have had an aneurysm. I agree, it could have been called like every other normal body level cross check - not to the HEAD!; Missed about 3-4 blatant calls on the Bruins, most notably Pacioretty high sticked when going through two bruins, play stops, no call...can't get more obvious. What about Marchand spearing Prust in the face after the puck went out following a great diving stop by BP?)

- Habs, Habs, Habs, Habs, Habs...

Our media constantly bashes our team and I promise you, does not **** on the Bruins. They are always complementing certain Bruins players and showing them respect. I actually get annoyed with it sometimes, but it's amazing to call RDS professional. That should shame NESN in itself.

Boston media just bashes the Habs and tries to continue this sorry narrative. They're like the GOP. Sorry if you're a Repub, but surely you recognize what their political tactics are. Never looking at themselves and wondering if maybe they're doing something wrong.

Before this game, (i.e., after the last game), most of us didn't even care cuz we played a good game and were more disappointed in our lack of finish and our defensive lapses. (Imagine the Bruins media reacting like that!) This time, we knew that in Boston it was going to be the same 'ol and it was. Nothing changes with these guys with their "cheap, divers, etc." comments. Most of us were praising the Bruins before last night, talking about how well built they are, what a great team they have. Today, it's just pitiful.

Bruins lost a lot of respect in the fans of many Habs fans after last night, so specifically about the way they tried to run our guys, the way THEY whined about non-calls, the gutless crap Chara pulled and the way the fans react to the Habs standing up and not taking ****. When the Bruins play good, clean hockey, Habs fans usually clamour for our team to get better, not complain about the Bruins. It's obviously not all Bruins fans, but it's by far the vast majority. I visit Boston a lot, I know what I'm talking about.

You seem very level headed and believe it or not, there are many many Habs fans with your disposition here and in general. We have our outliers, but again, they're trolls cuz they bash our own team!!:shakehead

Not sure why you disagree that we didn't show character. That game was stamped with never giving up and playing with honour. Seriously, great game Habs, to beat (I'll say it), a very skilled hockey team that likes to hurt you outside of the rules as part of the gameplan. #Hockeyplay

Dec 2, 2010
Screaming at the refs is one thing. Singling out a player like PK for diving is another. I won't say I've never seen him dive but I didn't see it happen last night. And for Pete's sake he's got Marchand on his roster...

Just flat out dumb for him to do this.
Was that guy for real? Julien is always yelling at the ref so hard his triple chin flaps twice as fast and then he pouts while his lapdog thornton whines to the ref while standing behind the bench looking like a meathead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad