Mike Milbury (!) defends Canadiens against Bruins propaganda

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
Felger is such a whiny little tool. Perfect embodiment of what the Bruins (media comments et al.) have going on there.

Last edited:

bjac

Jan 16, 2006
I'm glad Milbury put those two in their places. Its funny the look on the face of the guy in the middle when Milbury is ripping him.

I'm not a huge Milbury fan at all, but this goes to show that he DOES NOT have an agenda as far as individual NHL teams go. I give him credit for saying it like it is.

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
In most sports, coaches working the refs through the media is strictly taboo. Even the incomparable Sir Alex Ferguson got fined this year for doing exactly what Julien has been doing non stop. You don't ***** about other players by name and you don't demand the refs punish other teams, especially when you goon it up more than any other team in the league. Or, I guess, you do. Julien has never been punished for it, but really he's way out of line.

Daniel Plainview

Jan 8, 2012
Dracut MA
Felger is such a whiny little tool. Perfect embodiment of what the Bruins have going on there.

I agree about Felger, but disagree with the perfect embodiment generalization. That would be like me saying Tony Marinaro represents Montreal perfectly. I don't believe that for one minute

He's a moron, catering to other morons. Which is precisely what Felger is doing. Don't let the loud minority fool you. The majority disagrees with him, but the majority, as always, is the much more silent end of the spectrum

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
I'm not saying it was aliens but....

Seriously though, thank you Mike Millbury. Never thought I would say that. He made total sense here. How can that guy say Subban sold that Thornton hit? He got smoked from behind and got up instantly. There was one missed call the Bruins are complaining about and ironically Seguin embellished the hell out of it!

This win just keeps feeling better and better.

Sined

The AndroidBugler!
Jun 25, 2007
What the **** did I just watch...
That was Milbury!? Being sensible? The same man who hit a guy with his own shoe!?
What is this bizzaro world?

void

Jan 5, 2006
How can Felger be that idiotic? Holy ****. No wonder Bruins fans are such a deluded bunch...

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
I agree about Felger, but disagree with the perfect embodiment generalization. That would be like me saying Tony Marinaro represents Montreal perfectly. I don't believe that for one minute

He's a moron, catering to other morons. Which is precisely what Felger is doing. Don't let the loud minority fool you. The majority disagrees with him, but the majority, as always, is the much more silent end of the spectrum

I guess I should've clarified with what I meant by Bruins - I was thinking Claude Julien's post-game comments from last night and any general snippy media comments the Bruins have to offer. It's just entirely unnecessary - adds bulletin board material.

Good to hear Felger isn't treated as an authority. Marinaro...God.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Some sorry peeps love to hate the Habs, there is no logic to it.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Not. Going. To. Start. New. Thread. On. Boston. Board. And. Troll. Them. With. This. Link.

Ughhh I hate not trolling

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

Don't worry about it. The sensible habs fan understand that sensible Bs fans exist. Stupid TV personalities are just that, stupid TV personalities.

Daniel Plainview

Jan 8, 2012
Dracut MA
For the record, Felger isn't even from here. He's from Wisconsin

He came over like 15 years ago as a newspaper writer and got big on the radio and TV, because he's willing to say the kind of dumb crap that gets the juices flowing of drunken meatheads and house wives who don't know what a saucer pass is

Most of what he says is met with facepalms from the normal fans around here

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
I gotta hand it to Milbury. He was salvating at the chance to put these 2 knuckle draggers in their place as soon as they opened their mouths.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal

He came over like 15 years ago as a newspaper writer and got big on the radio and TV, because he's willing to say the kind of dumb crap that gets the juices flowing of drunken meatheads and house wives who don't know what a saucer pass is

Thanks for the heads-up, haven't heard of him before this. As much as I hate Tony, can't really say he's on the same level of Felger. That was some pretty extreme homerism I would be hard-pressed to find on the Bruins board. ;)

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Never heard of Felger before but man, what a tool... Just sounded like some drunk fan irate at a bar. You know it's bad when Milbury has to be the voice of sanity.

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com
Haha the guy in the middle is a typical bruins fan.. i love how he was getting so mad his face was getting red haha

Also the idiot on the right who said i thought that hit on subban was a good hard hit.. LOL then they show the hit clearly from behind..

Daniel Plainview

Jan 8, 2012
Dracut MA
The funny thing is, the guy on the right is Kevin Paul Dupont. And he is usually the type that tries so hard to be anti-homer that he goes too far and ends up making everyone hate him for being anti-Bruins. He also wants fighting out of the game, completely

I think he's a nimrod, personally. He was just a different kind of nimrod last night. Good to see he has no integrity and can change his colors on the fly for the sake of fake TV arguing

Ayatollah Chowmeini

May 27, 2010
MTL/MKE

In defense of Wisconsin, we grow up playing just as much hockey as folks in the Northeast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad