Mike Commodore - " Mike Babcock doesnt have the respect of his players" Amazing Interview with Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Commodore's perspective is interesting. It's the exact same description that the majority of Leafs fans (on HFBoards) claim is in every way shape and form, an accurate portrayal of Babcock. And interesting moreover that much of the criticism of Commodore's perspective isn't based on the content but on the delivery.

Being a disgruntled former employee/c0-worker isn't any more incongruent with a truthful characterization of a fellow employee/co-worker than having been friends. Respectful work relationships are maintained without the supplement of an ongoing friendship. Im not going to discount Commodore's representation because he doesn't like Babcock.

It just might be - and this coming from a Leafs fan who has repeatedly defended Babcock (the coach) - that Commodore doesn't like Babcock because he has legitimate reasons for disliking him. The Modano thing is strange. For a hockey man as smart as Babcock is, it's strange. Irrespective of minutes or game plan or the appearance of integrity no matter the situation, it is downright peculiar that a coach of Babcock's calibre would "oops" Mike Modano's 1500th game and in turn insure his permanent record would sit at 1499...

I'm definitely now more aware of what some have noted as an arrogance in Mike Babcock's coaching style. I can also admire determination in the process as something selfless being mistaken for arrogance.

There's certainly a little smoke to be seen.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I assure you Mark Masters makes way more than that. If he doesn't he needs to fire his agent.

I’d love to see some evidence of that. There are thousands of people desperate for a gig like Leafs beat reporter. Companies don’t pay big money for these kinds of positions anymore because the pool of prospective employees is so massive.

So you can't joke with someone who makes less than you? They work together because they always deal with the media guys for interviews after every practice and game.

It would be like not being able to joke with your CEO on the golf course when you are a middle manager at a company tournament. At the end of the day they are just people who work together a lot. And he took it completely in stride.

The world these days.. I don't know what it is becoming but man. No one can take anything at all. Thin skin. Safe spaces I used to think were a joke but man, is it a reality with today's youth.

Sure. Not liking to watch millionaires belittle underlings for their own amusement is safe space snowflakery.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: Guttersniped

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Commodore needs help.
Doesn't the PA have some type of intervention program?

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I’d love to see some evidence of that. There are thousands of people desperate for a gig like Leafs beat reporter. Companies don’t pay big money for these kinds of positions anymore because the pool of prospective employees is so massive.

Mark Masters is very talented and has been doing radio, TV and written content for TSN since 2011. He's not a salaried employee fresh out of school. He has a contract just like all the other talent at TSN.

To live and work in Toronto covering the Maples Leafs for one of the major sports networks in the country, he's easily making over $100K a year.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
i forget who it was but i remember hearing a quote from one of the habs players during the 70s who played for bowman and it was something along the lines of "you hate bowman 364 days a year and on the 365th day you win the cup."

anyways, commodore needs to move on from babcock. its been like close to a decade now and he's still going after him

Steve Shutt

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Agreed. He's been railing against Babcock for 7 years now. The dude is seriously unhinged.

[mod]

Some of this stuff is way overboard... Makes him look like the bigger asshole.

As for Modano, why don't the Stars sign him to a 1 day contract, give him a shift, and make it a day to celebrate his career?

Last edited by a moderator:

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Mark Masters is very talented and has been doing radio, TV and written content for TSN since 2011. He's not a salaried employee fresh out of school. He has a contract just like all the other talent at TSN.

To live and work in Toronto covering the Maples Leafs for one of the major sports networks in the country, he's easily making over $100K a year.
He's turned into a hack since he started covering the Leafs. Was much better covering Tennis for TSN.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
HF users love Mike Babcock now because they know he is hurting the Maple Leafs.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

Again, I would love to see some kind of evidence of that.

Average TSN Salary | PayScale

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I understand Commodore's frustration, but Commodore won a cup, played many NHL games and has tons of money (unless he's spent it all on booze or whatever or I'm probably missing something like that he's in debt and has to sell lots of inOne gear), and what he needs to be grateful for was playing in the NHL and for how many games he did.

I mean I know Babcock isn't the other coach he has beef with, Scott Arniel is another as to which was surrounded by him getting sent down to the Springfield Falcons, but I will say that Babcock is overrated, sad thing is that he is the coach who coached Canada to two Olympic Golds and a Cup, which is a very hard resume to argue with. But he did have some of the best as his assistants.

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I understand Commodore's frustration, but Commodore won a cup, played many NHL games and has tons of money (unless he's spent it all on booze or whatever or I'm probably missing something that he's in debt and has to sell lots of inOne gear), and what he needs to be grateful for was playing in the NHL.

I mean I know Babcock isn't the other coach he has beef with, Scott Arniel is another, but I will say that Babcock is overrated, sad thing is that he is the coach who coached Canada to two Olympic Golds and a Cup, which is a very hard resume to argue with. But he did have some of the best as his assistants.
I don't understand his frustration, he's a lunatic. Seriously, who acts like this seven years later? And spare me with the "Babcock ruined his career" line, dude had a chance in the same season with TBL.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Babocock - " what I do is I get up every morning I come in and I work as hard as I can then I go home and I love my family"

Commodore immediately LAUGHS and calls Babcock a Loser !

What a hot take by Commodore. Is he sad he didn't make Admiral?

Reactions: Uncle Rotter

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I don't understand his frustration, he's a lunatic. Seriously, who acts like this seven years later? And spare me with the "Babcock ruined his career" line, dude had a chance in the same season with TBL.

Commodore claims he did it in Anaheim and did it again in Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad