Mike Commodore - " Mike Babcock doesnt have the respect of his players" Amazing Interview with Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Wow ! MC absolutely destroys Babcock on air. Must listen ! 17 minutes of Commodore outting out Babcock

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040/commodore-not-a-mike-babcock-fan-1.1302505

Summary and paraphrasing

Commodore- " I know everybody that played for him in Detorit, HATES his guts"

Commodore - "Babcock is a scumbag, im not the only that thinks this. hes also the most arrogant"

Commodore- I've had zero blowback from outting Babcock. Everyone Ive run Into who has had dealings with Babcock from Spokane to Red Deer to NHL loves that I'm outting Babcock. They tell me to do it more

commodore - babcock is only coach around that thinks people comes to the games to watch the coach.

Commodore- " example of Babcock being a scumbag...he scratched Modano game 75 on of his final NHL season w. Detroit and doesnt allow Modano to finish his career with 1500 games played... Modano ended at 1499

Commodore - 100% Babcock signed me to bury me and end my career

Commodore- I dont want to see him get fired in Toronto and then get hired in Edmonton because then hes just getting closer to home. I wouldn't mind if he gets fired and then hired by an american team. But what I want is for him to stay in Toronto and take a couple of more 1st rnd losses or miss the playoffs.

Commodore- does he know hockey yes and is he smart yes..but is he a good coach ? NO. He doesnt have respect of his players and he plays the media.

Radio plays Babcock Clip

Babocock - " what I do is I get up every morning I come in and I work as hard as I can then I go home and I love my family"

Commodore immediately LAUGHS and calls Babcock a Loser !

Commodore - good for Babcock for being bad at his job and fooling all of Canada into thinking hes legit but this guy is a terrible person who only cares about himself.

Commodore- Babcock has never met a camera he didnt like

Last edited by a moderator:

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
Commodore hates Babs? That's news? This guy has had a personal vendetta against Babs for a long time. I'm no fan of Babs but if you ever want a job in the media post playing career, this is how you don't go about it.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Commodore absolutely hates Babcock with a passion and has been relentlessly trashing him for quite a while now.

I do believe some of what he says, but his hate is so strong for Babcock that it makes you wonder how much he’s exaggerating. His motives seem suspect, too.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Mike Commodore's an idiot.
Not taking away from the "Babcock is a bad guy" story because I think he's a guy who uses his power/influence not always in the best way, but Commodore is definitely an idiot.

They had him on the spittin' chiclets podcast the other day and Biz asked him why he thought he was a bad coach, or what moves he had a problem with. His answer? (paraphrased)

"I dunno, I didn't really watch that close, play Matthews more?"

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Commodore has had an axe to grind with Babcock for years now.
I can see that! Lol. However the quote about Modano is interesting

It doesnt seem that far fetched to think Babcock maybe doesnt take players opinions and feelings into account as much as he should - I mean, why else wouldnt Matthews play more time in the series he was killing it in? Auston had to have said something, and if not does that mean Babcock isnt approachable?

Just thinking about it is all

Reactions: bigtim1988

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Commodore hates Babs? That's news? This guy has had a personal vendetta against Babs for a long time. I'm no fan of Babs but if you ever want a job in the media post playing career, this is how you don't go about it.

He literally says he has had zero blowback from calling out Babcock.
Ex players and media love it.

Reactions: LamorielloAndSon

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

TheTwelfth

Jan 6, 2014
The Tardis
Mike Commodore's life mostly exist right now to trash Babcock. He felt very disrespected when he was signed in Detroit, he claims Babcock wanted him on the team, and then went on to not play him. I take anything he says about Babcock with a huge grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->