Mike Commodore - " Mike Babcock doesnt have the respect of his players" Amazing Interview with Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Commodore saying Babcock has never met a camera he didnt like is kind of rich.

It's pretty clear there are some issues Babs, but I'm sure as heck not going to listen to Commy, who clearly has an axe to grind. I'm probably a little biased because the guy had some words about Bryan Murray on his way out of Ottawa as well.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Babcock chirped a TSN reporter for not having shiny shoes. He is an arrogant POS.

Or you don't have a sense of humor. These guys work together all the time. No different than picking on a coworker for their new haircut.

Like I said, I am the first to criticize Mike's usage of players and some habits, but lately there is basically a witch hunt against him for completely ridiculous things.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
What I gather from Babcock is that he has an ego and he carries a grudge. Basically like every other coach in the world, just on steroids. These are personality chinks not technical issues.

Ah. So it's the coaching equivalent to locker room cancer

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
I'm not a Babcock fan at all, but this is going a bit overboard. It's almost as if he believes everything bad in the world is a result of something Mike Babcock did.
It's usually what happens when you realize you suck and you're done. You blame the coach who had to point that out to you.

He also believes that Babcock signed him. It's almost as if he's an HFBoard poster.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Commodore is obsessed at this point so it's kind of sad to hear him harp the same thing over and over buuuuuuuuuut

======
Commodore- " example of Babcock being a *******...he scratched Modano game 75 on of his final NHL season w. Detroit and doesnt allow Modano to finish his career with 1500 games played... Modano ended at 1499
======

What was the reason for this? Commodore sounds like he's blowing a lot of hot air but this is a really scummy thing to do. Does anyone remember why?

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
The Habs dynasty in the 70’s despised Scotty Bowman. I’m choosing my word carefully. Despised. Couldn’t wait for him to GTFO of town. No respect either way. He didn’t respect his players, his players didn’t respect him. A tyrant. The upper management couldn’t tolerate him either, so they didn’t promote him to GM/coach and he split.

“Benching”Lafleur for what seemed an eternity to start his career (entire seasons on the third line), his handling of Larocque, the total lack of communication with players especially newcomers, the handling of Larouche ( a 50 goal scorer),etc. All can be verified in Dryden’s book, numerous interviews from Lafleur, Mario Tremblay etc.

To this day, Bowman is the greatest coach ever.

What’s Commodore’a point exactly? That’s how coaches trim the weed if you will. Says a lot about Commodore more than anything else.

Reactions: Uncle Rotter

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
"Guys who work together"

Babcock makes $6,250,000.00.

What does a TSN beat reporter make? Maybe $50K?

So you can't joke with someone who makes less than you? They work together because they always deal with the media guys for interviews after every practice and game.

It would be like not being able to joke with your CEO on the golf course when you are a middle manager at a company tournament. At the end of the day they are just people who work together a lot. And he took it completely in stride.

The world these days.. I don't know what it is becoming but man. No one can take anything at all. Thin skin. Safe spaces I used to think were a joke but man, is it a reality with today's youth.

Weast

May 16, 2011
It's kind of sad to be so obsessed over a guy who probably barely thinks of you at all. With that being said Babcock has a lot of problems he needs to iron out as well.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Meh, a former player that didnt like a former coach is what this all reeks of....If Babs is as bad as he says he is ,then why is he still employed??

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Commodore is obsessed at this point so it's kind of sad to hear him harp the same thing over and over buuuuuuuuuut

======
Commodore- " example of Babcock being a *******...he scratched Modano game 75 on of his final NHL season w. Detroit and doesnt allow Modano to finish his career with 1500 games played... Modano ended at 1499
======

What was the reason for this? Commodore sounds like he's blowing a lot of hot air but this is a really scummy thing to do. Does anyone remember why?

In fact it was game 79 at home against Minnesota, they had been playing away against Nashville the night before. Maybe there was a feeling he wasn't 100 percent, Modano was scratched for most of the playoffs too.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
The Habs dynasty in the 70’s despised Scotty Bowman. I’m choosing my word carefully. Despised. Couldn’t wait for him to GTFO of town. No respect either way. He didn’t respect his players, his players didn’t respect him. A tyrant. The upper management couldn’t tolerate him either, so they didn’t promote him to GM/coach and he split.

“Benching”Lafleur for what seemed an eternity to start his career (entire seasons on the third line), his handling of Larocque, the total lack of communication with players especially newcomers, the handling of Larouche ( a 50 goal scorer),etc. All can be verified in Dryden’s book, numerous interviews from Lafleur, Mario Tremblay etc.

What’s Commodore’a point exactly? That’s how coaches trim the weed if you will. Says a lot about Commodore more than anything else.

Any chance you have a different reference aside from one in the 1970s

And please lets never put Babcock in the same breath or sentence as Scotty Bowman. Were better than that

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

that Babcock's arrogance and douchiness is far above what his successes as a coach would allow.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Babcock isn't perfect, but Commodore really needs to get over it. It just reeks of insecurity at this point.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Sounds juicy but its all hearsay from a biased source.

Doesn't necessarily mean its wrong but consider where its coming from.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Say what you want about the content it was a pretty intense interview and exactly what media types eat up. I don't think anything he said was really new. I've heard the Detroit stuff before. I can see where many would think that Babcock is arrogant.

The fact that there was nothing really new offered does show you how vapid and airheaded the entertainment industry can be. At one point I even had the impression that Commie was laughing at the interviewers for even phoning him in the first place.

This whole interview comes across as petty and desperate. Nobody's buying what you're selling Commodore.
Did you listen to the last part where the two guys doing the interview talked about the response? To quote an old sitcom: "Gold Jerry! Gold!"

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

i forget who it was but i remember hearing a quote from one of the habs players during the 70s who played for bowman and it was something along the lines of "you hate bowman 364 days a year and on the 365th day you win the cup."

anyways, commodore needs to move on from babcock. its been like close to a decade now and he's still going after him

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Sounds juicy but its all hearsay from a biased source.

Doesn't necessarily mean its wrong but consider where its coming from.
Numerous other players in the past directly or indirectly expressed frustrations with Babcock. Commodore is just the loudest.

Reactions: Hivemind
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad