Mike Commodore - " Mike Babcock doesnt have the respect of his players" Amazing Interview with Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Babcock may not be saint nor greatest coach ever, but this guy clearly needs help...

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
It's not really funny though.

If it's a schtick, it's stale. Imagine telling the same joke for 7 years....
Most people have only recently heard the schtick on Spittin Chiclets where Commodore is the #1 guest on the #1 hockey podcast mostly due to ripping Babcock. The hosts their try to pry Babcock stories out of him because they know that’s what people are looking for.

I think people who understand what he’s doing and who aren’t super uptight can see the humour in it without claiming he needs to get help. The schtick plays off his personality perfectly.

Reactions: DaveG

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Most people have only recently heard the schtick on Spittin Chiclets where Commodore is the #1 guest on the #1 hockey podcast mostly due to ripping Babcock. The hosts their try to pry Babcock stories out of him because they know that’s what people are looking for.

I think people who understand what he’s doing and who aren’t super uptight can see the humour in it without claiming he needs to get help. The schtick plays off his personality perfectly.
See now this is funny. :laugh:

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
It's good of you to be offended by it for Masters. I'm sure he appreciates it.

I don't really care what Masters says/thinks. As if he is going to start calling out the $6+ million dollar Leafs head coach regardless of his true feelings anyway. If he likes his job he will play along and pretend its all in good fun....just like Barry Davis did when the Blue Jays players were assaulting him while he was just trying to do his job.

Babcock seems like an arrogant POS and behavior like that reinforces that belief.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I don't really care what Masters says/thinks. As if he is going to start calling out the $6+ million dollar Leafs head coach regardless of his true feelings anyway.

Babcock seems like an arrogant POS and behavior like that reinforces that belief.
So you dont care if the person that recieved it thought it was funny or was insulted by it. Makes sense. You do you rage at the world there big guy.

mpir3

Apr 7, 2010
I saw Auston Matthews at the pool this past Sunday (His knee was bandaged up)...I drunkenly yelled out Babcock sucks as he walked past our table and was able to get a slight smirk. So this must be confirmed.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
after Babcock gets fired from Toronto ask Marner what he thinks of him. I bet he's on Commodores side

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
So you dont care if the person that recieved it thought it was funny or was insulted by it. Makes sense. You do you rage at the world there big guy.

The person on the receiving end will get fired if they criticize the person mocking them.

I get that you don't appreciate the power imbalance in these kind of interactions, but that isn't an excuse to remain ignorant.

Reactions: Peanut Butter

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
after Babcock gets fired from Toronto ask Marner what he thinks of him. I bet he's on Commodores side
He's not very well liked in Toronto.
I wouldn't expect any of them to dedicate their lives to getting that message out though.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The person on the receiving end will get fired if they criticize the person mocking them.

I get that you don't appreciate the power imbalance in these kind of interactions, but that isn't an excuse to remain ignorant.
It is actually hilarious that this got you so worked up still months later. I guarentee you Masters was over it...well he probably didnt have to get over it because anyone that understands social cues can blatantly see that it was friendly. Anyways you keep up that good fight for the poor repressed Mark Masters. I'm praying for his job this minute.

Reactions: Yackiberg8

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Wasn't it reported that Filpulla refused to re-sign with the Red Wings because of Babcock? And then he later refused to waive his (limited) No Trade Clause to be dealt to Toronto, and ended up being dealt to Philadelphia instead? Commodore is far from the only player to have issues with Babs.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
It is actually hilarious that this got you so worked up still months later. I guarentee you Masters was over it...well he probably didnt have to get over it because anyone that understands social cues can blatantly see that it was friendly. Anyways you keep up that good fight for the poor repressed Mark Masters. I'm praying for his job this minute.

You keep sticking up for Babcock. I bet he appreciates the hard work you do on behalf of his name.

I will continue to have an opinion of the man based on his behavior.

:welcome:

Reactions: Peanut Butter

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I saw Auston Matthews at the pool this past Sunday (His knee was bandaged up)...I drunkenly yelled out Babcock sucks as he walked past our table and was able to get a slight smirk. So this must be confirmed.

Sorry buddy I only accept this kind of speculation if it happens at an airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad