Post-Game Talk: Oilers put Hollywood in production hell

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
This is where im at, its been like this the last 2 years.

When Edmonton comes to play, it usually results in a blowout, LA is only winning games on lucky bounces.
Yeah. But in division Knights are the only team that could do better. Look around the playoffs and the only division thats scary is Central. But the Oil would still beat Dallas. Colorado give us trouble, I think we would solve Winnipeg but we won't be seeing them. Shaking up to be either Colorado or Vegas in Conference final. Just finish LA. Oilers shouldn't have a lot of trouble with second round.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
The Kings know they are not. I still give them a modicum of credit for not purposely sidestepping the Oilers and winning their last game to place third and have to play us. Vegas cheaters opted otherwise. I think as much as Kings are hated here they at least didn't bale out like Vegas did. Nobody wanted to have to play Oilers in first round.

Doughty, scummy as he can be even said its not a rivalry because the Oilers always was us. he might have been playing with that but he's not unlike Sutter in speaking well of the Oilers. They know what McDrai/Hyman etc are. The series was as hard as it gets for Kings in matchup, they took it on anyway.

Vegas took on Dallas for their own benefit. On purpose.
Alright, that’s enough Kings love. They are the enemy plain and simple.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I'll shut up now.

f***, Its not in my DNA to shut up. lol.

I'll change the topic. Any good series worth watching today?

Canes and Panthers both trying to sweep. Bruins vs the leafs during the evening.

I got my grant money from school so its a good beautiful Saturday to spoil myself and my partner. Not sure if WEM's a good idea though haha.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Bouchard misconduct was mysterious as well. Did he get tossed or 10mins. The broadcast so poor they didn't even give the details.
Reading through a bunch of the kings GDT from last night, their big complaint was many of the penalties weren’t announced in the arena. Last night was a real mess from the referees. They lost control of the game on the ice and seemed to be making it up as they went along leaving the off ice officials to guess. I’ve never seen anything like it before. This one may not have been on the Sportsnet commentators as it seems the Kings broadcasters couldn’t figure out what was going on either.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
Very tidy game by skinner. Exactly what we need next few rounds after La put to rest. Suspect could be the end for talbot who's just is getting lit up at will.

Also oddly enough might be Kane who needs to yell at Perry on the bench. Need a similar degree of shithousery from him.
Nah, Perry helped Kane keep his cool after he was slewfooted. Due to that Kane was able to calmly discuss the non-call with the refs rather than just scream obscenities. That interaction directly lead to us getting the 5on3 later.

Perry hasnt hit the scoresheet yet but hes impacting the team in subtle ways.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Canes and Panthers both trying to sweep. Bruins vs the leafs during the evening.

I got my grant money from school so its a good beautiful Saturday to spoil myself and my partner. Not sure if WEM's a good idea though haha.
Speaking of which my dream next gm on Carolina. That would be the coup of the off season a guy like tulsky. He didn't start with a mcdavid or drai and built out his team.

Reactions: McDoused

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Speaking of which my dream next gm on Carolina. That would be the coup of the off season a guy like tulsky. He didn't start with a mcdavid or drai and built out his team.

He would be my #1 choice too. I just hope the Oilers actually take the proper time to interview and evaluate this time rather than instantly hire somebody because of hur durrr hockey connection friend hur durrrr

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Reading through a bunch of the kings GDT from last night, their big complaint was many of the penalties weren’t announced in the arena. Last night was a real mess from the referees. They lost control of the game on the ice and seemed to be making it up as they went along leaving the off ice officials to guess. I’ve never seen anything like it before. This one may not have been on the Sportsnet commentators as it seems the Kings broadcasters couldn’t figure out what was going on either.
The officials were having trouble with the guy that is the penalty timekeeper or whatever that is called. did you see his scratch pad notation during the 5 on 3 call? lol. Its 2024 and its being itemized worse than a safeway shopping list. I think we probably don't even see that guy in the box next time. Its usually some long haired guy in LA doing that. Maybe he got stoned instead or quit. Good move.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

The long delays every single time they made a call were ridiculous as well and did nothing to help them get control of the game back.

That was Chris Rooney too, one of the NHL’s vaunted veteran officials that is purportedly one of the best in the world. Guy looked like a dumb rookie, all the way down to deciding to call irrelevant obstruction calls with 20 seconds left to delay things even more.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The long delays every single time they made a call were ridiculous as well and did nothing to help them get control of the game back.

That was Chris Rooney too, one of the NHL’s vaunted veteran officials that is purportedly one of the best in the world. Guy looked like a dumb rookie, all the way down to deciding to call irrelevant obstruction calls with 20 seconds left to delay things even more.
They were brutal. Review a penalty and then not even announce what the result was.

It didn’t affect the ultimate outcome of the game but I wouldn’t want them reffing any Oilers games again because the next time it may go against us instead.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Bouchard misconduct was mysterious as well. Did he get tossed or 10mins. The broadcast so poor they didn't even give the details.

10 misconduct. I think he was supposed to get one with PLD after their pushing match, but the refs just forgot to mention it.
Bad, but not surprising, as Dubois had their full attention due to him being the only one throwing a temper tantrum while Bouchard just skated nonchalantly away afterwards.

The refs lost control of the game, and the only way for them to reel it in was to toss anyone that looked the wrong way at the other team for the last 10 min.

I'll give the Oil credit though, last year vs. Vegas they would have taken the bait and escalated with a physical response. This game they were happy to just sit back and watch L.A become completely unravelled.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Nuge: The opposite lol
Seems an odd point to make in a dominating win. One in which the player had 5:12 Shorthanded toi in a critical road game win (1:79 toi above the team's next forward). Top forward PK TOI on a team perfect penalty kill. Took a cheap slough foot (in a hard area) and shook it off without fanfare. And added 3 apples.

Helps to see the totality of play especially in playoff hockey. Goal suppression is the Oilers biggest hurdle to a long playoff run. Nugent Hopkins is trusted in critical situation PK to help prevent goals. Special teams domination has been a massive factor in this series. He runs first unit on both.

Last night was a massive team win. Kinda strange to see a call out on a player that played a lot of critical minutes to help this team win it.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Not many times does a goalie get scored on 6 times and still have a good game considering the Oilers had 8.8 xGF.

Shows how good our team is, we can outscore that level of goaltending.

zjlaing has a quote from @5 Mins 4 Ftg in his twitter banner.
Yeah I saw that. Not a fan of the guy. He puts that quote as his twitter banner as some arrogant attempt to show he laughs off criticism. Meanwhile he blocks everyone who points out his bad takes on twitter.

Either you can take it or you can’t. If you can’t then don’t pretend you can.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If the Kings continue to focus on Kane with all their physicality and anger. He doesn’t even need to score goals to win the war.
I was thinking that too. Completely threw them off of their game, and had various players chasing him all over the ice. Was funny to see Doughty go after him for no reason to the side of the Kings net. Now, if we can get Cory Perry to get some stuff going, they'll go bananas!

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don’t know whenever I watch their games it seems to be the avs on an onslaught. His GSAE is just below Skinners.
Skinners sv% would be a lot better if not for 2 really dumb goals (Nurse and Ceci) in Game one.
So his sv% in game 1 was not a reflection of how well he played.
That also affected his overall sv%.

Hellebuyck on the other hand has been beaten badly. It just goes to show how much a goalies sv% changes when the team in front of him is leaky.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Skinners would be a lot better if not for 2 really dumb goals (Nurse and Ceci) in Game one.
So his sv% in game 1 was not a reflection of how well he played.
That sewered his sv%.

Hellebuyck on the other hand has been beaten badly.
Like four of the goals last night were massive miscues by the Jets. I think you are having a bit of a double standard here.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Read my edit. Clarifyed my point.
I would say one of the best offensive teams in the league dominating a game would also sewer a goalies sv%.

Anyways agree to disagree. I think they have bigger issues then goaltending.

Sometimes we look at a box score and see a low sv% and assume that the goalie was bad.
The team in front of him rarely (if ever) gets blamed for that.
I mean exactly haha that’s what I’m saying about Helly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad