Mike Commodore goes off on Babcock (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigThree

Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
  • 1996-1997
    • U20 WJC Gold Medal
  • 2003-2004
    • World Championship Gold Medal
  • 2007-2008
    • NHL Stanley Cup Champion (HC)
  • 2009-2010
    • Olympic Gold Medal
    • Triple Gold Club
  • 2013-2014
    • Olympic Gold Medal
  • 2016-2017
    • World Cup Gold Medal
Yup. Babcock definitely doesn't win.
Yup non of those teams are stacked ridiculously. Those team Canada teams especially, even the B and C team could easily win gold in those years.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
now do a thread with any of the zillion players who have great things to say about him

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Team canada never stood a chance without babs.

For example: forward line : bergy, marchand and crosby were nothing without his guidance and teachings.

So Dubas has to get Babs more cowbell?

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Team canada never stood a chance without babs.

For example: forward line : bergy, marchand and crosby were nothing without his guidance and teachings.

I always maintained that was one of the most stacked teams I had ever seen. I think I could have "coached" them to that victory by doing nothing at all. I mean sure, they won, so the coach gets credit, but when you have a team of seasoned all stars coming together to play for their country, well, they pretty well do it themselves.

For what its worth, I was never a Babcock fan even going back to Detroit. I always found his teams to soft as well as him favoring certain players that didn't deserve the icetime.

Shanahan and him came in here and did what needed to be done. Deal Kessel, bottom out, and get those franchise players that we hadn't had since Sundin or Clark.

So he does deserve some credit for where we are today compared to five years ago, but I still don't like him as a coach. Besides, all coaches have a shelf life, and his may be coming to an end. I just don't know who his replacement would be.

I dont think Dubas did to badly signing everyone, and I like the trades he made, but still would have preferred Hunter as GM.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Well he made it a point to text ODog during the Spezza thing about how much he doesn't like Babs because he sat him last game of the season when he was at 1499 games.
Mike Madano texted him or Mike Commodore did thought it was Commodore that texted him.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Commodore was his teammate, but you know better. Ok then

That was Modano's last season. To say another team would give him another game is ridiculous. sorry, I can't let that slide.

Commodore said the same thing about Babcock in Anaheim when he started his career. I'll bet you didn't listen to the whole podcast but just had to comment. Typical from you.

Well you should definitely hold him accountable. :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Reactions: al secord

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
I have issues with Babs. But Commodore "going off" on him again isn't relevant to anything. He does this once or twice a year, because he legit hates Mike.

Babcock could quit hockey to become a volunteer fire fighter, and in 6 months Commodore would go off on him claiming how "everyone hates your guts" and something, something, something. It's completely irrelevant.

Reactions: TheKrebsCycle

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Well he made it a point to text ODog during the Spezza thing about how much he doesn't like Babs because he sat him last game of the season when he was at 1499 games.
Then Mike Modano lied because Mike Modano played the last game of the season.

He was scratched in game 79 and played the last 3 games.

He was also scratched several times in the playoffs and had 15 points in 40 games and a lacerated wrist.

The night he was scratched was the night they were trying to clinch.

Reactions: al secord

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
I found this podcast where Mike Commodore calls Babcock a POS... Says most players can't stand him and he's an egomaniac who thinks the world revolves around him.

For example, Mike Modano was at 1499 games played and was seeking 1500. From game 76 on he didn't play him despite needing one shift to get to that milestone.

This is an epic podcast. I've never heard a hockey player talk like this about anyone.

That's a lie. He missed game 79 and played the last 3.

Reactions: kb

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Whatever. He sat him and he didn’t get his 1500th game
So you agree, it is a lie and revisionist.

Do you also agree that he had 15 points in 40 games, was scratched multiple times in the playoffs and on the night they were trying to clinch?

Given all that, does it sound like a vendetta to prevent him from a literally meaningless milestone or maybe crest before nameplate?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
So you agree, it is a lie and revisionist.

Do you also agree that he had 15 points in 40 games, was scratched multiple times in the playoffs and on the night they were trying to clinch?

Given all that, does it sound like a vendetta to prevent him from a literally meaningless milestone or maybe crest before nameplate?

No, because it actually happened, he benched Modano and he didn’t get his 1500th game. Bush league move.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
No, because it actually happened, he benched Modano and he didn’t get his 1500th game. Bush league move.
Funny that's not the lie you were spreading above. You know, the one multiple people verified?

Usually the easiest way to spot lies is when stories change.

Another way is to spend 2 minutes fact checking.

Sometimes it's best to dig up.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Then Mike Modano lied because Mike Modano played the last game of the season.

He was scratched in game 79 and played the last 3 games.

He was also scratched several times in the playoffs and had 15 points in 40 games and a lacerated wrist.

The night he was scratched was the night they were trying to clinch.

That's a lie. He missed game 79 and played the last 3.

Still others run with lies as facts instead of spending 2 minutes to find out it is a lie.

The Red Wings won their previous game with Modano in the lineup and he played every game leading up to then since coming back from injury (had a goal in the previous game before Nashville in a game vs St. Louis where they were throttled 10-3 and Modano was only on the ice for a single goal against) and then out of the blue Babcock just decides to scratch Modano for that game vs Minnesota even though he played every game leading up to then since coming back from injury. The Wings were battling to clinch the Central in every game leading up to that one vs Minnesota, and they even won their previous one vs Nashville with Modano in the lineup.

No I am not revising history, it was a fishy way to scratch Modano it wouldn't make sense if he was scratched based on lack of ability if he played literally every game up until then.

The truth is that Commodore probably knows about the nuances a hell of a lot more than we do since he's actually talked to Modano about it, whether you like or not.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Funny that's not the lie you were spreading above. You know, the one multiple people verified?

Usually the easiest way to spot lies is when stories change.

Another way is to spend 2 minutes fact checking.

Sometimes it's best to dig up.

Me spreading lies?

Thanks for the knew nickname - Buscher Babcock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $100.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland