Mike Commodore goes off on Babcock (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I'm just getting tired of his "smartest guy in the room" act. He hasn't won sh** in a decade. He's gone if they don't win a playoff round.

That Babcock has a massive ego is not a secret. He is also the highest paid coach in the league by a large margin.

Given that coach should be held responsible for on ice results; i am also of the opinion that coach be given full discretion on choosing their roster, and line up they choose to ice.

Last season Babcock kept playing Marleau mad brown - management decided they won’t fire him.

His assistants are both gone; he still gets that massive salary even if he is fired so don’t think he gives a crap.

Hypothetically speaking suppose Babcock again fails post season and the leafs get bounced the first round; even if Babcock gets fired he has still made bank; so he will continue to do whatever he wants it’s in the contract.

Also commodore has been at it for a while now it’s not anything new

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I found this podcast where Mike Commodore calls Babcock a POS... Says most players can't stand him and he's an egomaniac who thinks the world revolves around him.

For example, Mike Modano was at 1499 games played and was seeking 1500. From game 76 on he didn't play him despite needing one shift to get to that milestone.

This is an epic podcast. I've never heard a hockey player talk like this about anyone.

Ancient history. Dude's like a stalking ex-boyfriend.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Commodore was a player that lost his game completely and couldn't cut it as an NHLer. Instead of coming to terms with that, he blamed Babcock. He's also petty enough to cling to that still.

The Modano thing is false. Babcock didn't sit him the entire end of the season. He did miss games though, but most of those were from an injury. If the 1500 games thing had been important for Modano, there would for sure have been at least one team in this league that would be fine giving him a game on the fourth line to reach the number.

Did he ever even have a career? About the only thing I remember about him was that he threw a few big hits playing for the Flames when they went on their run to the finals. I never saw him as a legit NHLer,

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
I found this podcast where Mike Commodore calls Babcock a POS... Says most players can't stand him and he's an egomaniac who thinks the world revolves around him.

For example, Mike Modano was at 1499 games played and was seeking 1500. From game 76 on he didn't play him despite needing one shift to get to that milestone.

This is an epic podcast. I've never heard a hockey player talk like this about anyone.

Mike Modano doesn't even complain about that, this much.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Did he ever even have a career? About the only thing I remember about him was that he threw a few big hits playing for the Flames when they went on their run to the finals. I never saw him as a legit NHLer,

He played 484 NHL games in his career, won a Stanley cup, and played for team Canada at WC. No he was not a superstar but was an honest hard hitting D-man that every team covets. (But the current Dubas lead Leafs)

He was very popular and made the best of his abilities.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
He played 484 NHL games in his career, won a Stanley cup, and played for team Canada at WC. No he was not a superstar but was an honest hard hitting D-man that every team covets. (But the current Dubas lead Leafs)

He was very popular and made the best of his abilities.

Fine, he's still an idiot for his weird Babcock obsession. And I say that as someone who's not fond of Babcock.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I just listened. Other than the language it was good.

My biggest take away; I’d love to see Commodore and Babcock at a charity golf event.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Uhhh... what? :laugh:

Hockey players are usually pretty conservative people when talking to the media. ( I really hate to point out the obvious but you apparently don't see it) You rarely see NHL players using f-bombs and that language in interviews.

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
I'm just getting tired of his "smartest guy in the room" act. He hasn't won sh** in a decade. He's gone if they don't win a playoff round.

Some of us have also gotten tired of the holier then tho act you and others have gone all in on.

newsflash you haven't won ANYTHING and you still talk like you have won 9 cups and can do bo wrong

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

The Man with a Plan

Dec 19, 2008
Victoria BC
Hockey players are usually pretty conservative people when talking to the media. ( I really hate to point out the obvious but you apparently don't see it) You rarely see NHL players using f-bombs and that language in interviews.

Quite a Huge difference between an interview on TSN and a podcast where any idiot can say what they want.

"he swore....must be true" hahaha oh damn

Last edited:

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
  • 1996-1997
    • U20 WJC Gold Medal
  • 2003-2004
    • World Championship Gold Medal
  • 2007-2008
    • NHL Stanley Cup Champion (HC)
  • 2009-2010
    • Olympic Gold Medal
    • Triple Gold Club
  • 2013-2014
    • Olympic Gold Medal
  • 2016-2017
    • World Cup Gold Medal
Yup. Babcock definitely doesn't win.
The NHL, WHERE HE GETS PAID. IS A THING. No one cares about exhibition tourneys.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Is this a new podcast or a rehash of all the stuff Commodore has said in the past? It's been known for awhile how much he hates Babcock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad