Mike Commodore goes off on Babcock (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
lol

Mike Commodore would like to physically assault Babcock on a golf course because he wouldn't play him more in the year where it was patently obvious to everyone that he was done. And he couldn't even get icetime after getting traded to the league-worst defensive 84 point Lightning team.

Whatever you think of Mike Commodore, he is a f***ing clown.

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
So you're saying winning something is irrelevant? I don't disagree.

So what was the relevance that Babcock had, supposedly (though clearly erroneously), won nothing?
I never said he won nothing. I said no one cares about Exhibition Tourneys.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Commodore was his teammate, but you know better. Ok then

That was Modano's last season. To say another team would give him another game is ridiculous. sorry, I can't let that slide.

Commodore said the same thing about Babcock in Anaheim when he started his career. I'll bet you didn't listen to the whole podcast but just had to comment. Typical from you.
I didn't listen to the podcast. But what games Modano played that season is a matter of record. It's just to go look. It's fact.

I have no idea where the last part even comes from. Feels like a blind jab at me because you don't like me not just jumping on board with what you said.

Reactions: slozo

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
  • 1996-1997
    • U20 WJC Gold Medal
  • 2003-2004
    • World Championship Gold Medal
  • 2007-2008
    • NHL Stanley Cup Champion (HC)
  • 2009-2010
    • Olympic Gold Medal
    • Triple Gold Club
  • 2013-2014
    • Olympic Gold Medal
  • 2016-2017
    • World Cup Gold Medal
Yup. Babcock definitely doesn't win.
You bring up a great point. Should he only coach international teams since the NHL hasn’t been too favorable. Why do you think he’s struggled so much with some really good NHL teams?

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
just like players, coaches can be assholes when it comes to hockey. but good guys off the ice. Babcock pushes his team too much but it works but i think he should be a bit more thoughtful but his coaching has nothing to do with his personality off the ice

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Commodore was his teammate, but you know better. Ok then

That was Modano's last season. To say another team would give him another game is ridiculous. sorry, I can't let that slide.

Commodore said the same thing about Babcock in Anaheim when he started his career. I'll bet you didn't listen to the whole podcast but just had to comment. Typical from you.

Madano was hurt in the middle of the season, i don't think he was sat out. He finished the year playing games.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Interestingly enough... the guy who hired Babcock is a former star NHL player that also was coached by Babcock in Detroit. Wonder why he hired a guy that he and all his teammates despised?

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

JerseyMike34

Dec 29, 2017
Didn't listen to the clip.

Don't care about his thoughts on Babcock, but Mike Commodore is the example I use when talking about players that never really had a lot of talent, but hung around the NHL because he was on a team that made a deep run in the postseason.

It happens ALL the time....That's Mike Commodore.

He got lucky with that 2003-04 Flames team, otherwise he's outta the league in half the time.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I imagine Babcock would have an ego, maybe he holds a grudge, probably doesn't think highly of some people and it stays that way with him. I don't know.

At this point in the sad history of this team for 52 years, it's "meh". He's very well paid, so are the players. Win or leave, coach or players. You can be sure though, any new coach on a $2M two year contract will have a tough time taking charge of a young "Me First" team. The game is won or lost by the players, coach can only try to keep them on track, have them sacrificing and pulling the same cart.

The biggest problem with the Leafs the last few decades? A Country Club atmosphere in Toronto. Maybe it will never improve. Maybe this team is destined to be a "Corporate Team". There are a few too many under performers who have made out like bandits in a Leaf uniform, a graveyard for players who can't get it done. Coaches are rarely the problem. I liked Caryle too and he was shown the door

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
The Commodore stuff is on the extreme/weird side of things but it's not exactly a hidden secret that Babcocl and some players really dont get along.

BREAKING: Our investigative journalists have uncovered evidence of a player and coach not liking each other.

The full story and more on No Shit News at 9!

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Interestingly enough... the guy who hired Babcock is a former star NHL player that also was coached by Babcock in Detroit. Wonder why he hired a guy that he and all his teammates despised?
I too,am curious about this decision...I think Babs is a good coach.Not a great coach! Maybe he was best available at the time and a known entity to Shanny.Also,Babs likely loved having Shanny on the team. But all things must pass...Babs has this year to 'do better' or that should be the end his Leaf career.

EXPECT THE LEAFS

May 7, 2016
Babcock is a textbook narcissist. Most people just aren't educated on narcissists and how they operate. They are absolute hell to deal with.

I think Babcock is an effective coach. Sure he might not be a good person and has no empathy, but that's usually what it takes to win. But to me this really isn't ground breaking. Narcissists tend to get to positions of power and use it to f*** people over... they get off on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad