Mike Commodore goes off on Babcock (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
I'm more amazed that he thinks there's some sort of "left-wing media" in hockey and that their top priority is being called by name.
That is such an awful interpretation of what I said. What the media thinks about Dubas' name dropping was not the point. Yes, the media ---in Canada--- even the sports media, is left-leaning. That's a fact. Are you new to Canada or just ill-informed about this subject?

Last edited:
Reactions: Auston 316

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
That is such an awful interpretation of what I said. What the media thinks about Dubas' name dropping was not the point. Yes, the media ---in Canada--- even the sports media, is left-leaning. That's a fact. Are you new to Canada or just uneducated on the subject?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Wow... mindboggling how people dont see thru the bs. Of course a average at best player like commodores hatred for a coach who gave him another shot warranted or not at his career and he does nothing for years but **** on him afterwards. Talk about ungrateful and classless.

People...its not the first time a disenfranchised ex employee talks **** about his old bosses and it wont be the last. I mean come on... its not like this has NEVER happened before. Some people are adults about their situation and dont blame everyone but themselves for sucking at their job and getting **** canned for it. He is simply trying to be relevant for a fleeting second again. Seeing how he was such an all star player one could never understand why he didn't get a job for a network or even a podcast. Oh yeah... no one gives a **** what commodore says in the least except the media which is using it as a devisive clickbait article until the next story can be found.

It's not just Commodore though, it's almost every player that has played for him according to several players that have spoken out.

Reactions: ToMaLe

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
That roster is a Phil Kessel short of taking Boston to game 7.

Well Phil and

Joe Colborne
Cody Franson
Matt Frattin
Mikhail Grabovski
Carl Gunnarsson
Nikolai Kulemin
John-Michael Liles
Clarke MacArthur
Jay McClement
James Reimer

but other than that 50% of the roster, they are almost identical. I see your point

Reactions: The Apologist

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Why would a player ask for less money. You make no sense whatsoever.

In a negotiation, you explain your side of the argument, then the opposing side explains their side. Very very basic stuff.

If the coach was someone all the players loved, would management use that as an advantage to signing in Toronto ? Absolutely they would.

So when the team was playing well it was because of Babcock, but when they lose or have a bad season it's because of Dubas ? And you say I'm 1 sided ?

The team wins or loses as a team, that's how team sports work. Does Dubas deserve some blame, yes (and he admits it), does Babcock deserve some blame , yes (But he doesn't admit it), do the players deserve some blame, yes (for the most part they admit it).

They had a 100 point season and you make it sound like they missed the play offs. Talk about grasping at straws :laugh:.

The team doesn't have to win a Stanley cup to be able to say the GM made some good moves, in the same way you talk about Babcock like he is god's gift to hockey even though he has won nothing in the NHL in 10 years.
now your just rambling incoherently and resorting to making up crap to argue against . lol

you said the players asked for more because they hated Babs

so i asked if they wanted more money because they hated the coach you also have to be believe they would take a discount if they like the coach ,

you then responded , why would they ask for less which is contradicting your previous statement of believing the players wanted above market value deals based on hating Babs

as i said if you want to praise Dubas regardless of how the team performs that's you choice , the majority of us will wait until the team out performs the one he took before handing out praise

and you were the one who loved you some Babs up until Dubas took over , i merely pointing out that you turned on him because the Dube is at the top of your sacred cow list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad