Mike Commodore goes off on Babcock (Mod warning in OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
I found this podcast where Mike Commodore calls Babcock a POS... Says most players can't stand him and he's an egomaniac who thinks the world revolves around him.

For example, Mike Modano was at 1499 games played and was seeking 1500. From game 76 on he didn't play him despite needing one shift to get to that milestone.

This is an epic podcast. I've never heard a hockey player talk like this about anyone.

MOD WARNING

8) Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

Please take note that the mods on this website have a job to do. Part of it if needed , is to move comments from one thread to another , edit and delete comments that we feel are at fault . We are not taking action on your comments just for the fun of it, we do it to keep the threads clean and under control. One more thing , it's possible that we had to take action on one of your comment and you're wondering why … Most of the time it's because you quoted a comment at fault and in this situation we have no other choices but to delete both and/or multiple comments.

Do not complaint in a thread about the moderator actions , it will also be removed and/or worst.

Thank you for your understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Commodore was a player that lost his game completely and couldn't cut it as an NHLer. Instead of coming to terms with that, he blamed Babcock. He's also petty enough to cling to that still.

The Modano thing is false. Babcock didn't sit him the entire end of the season. He did miss games though, but most of those were from an injury. If the 1500 games thing had been important for Modano, there would for sure have been at least one team in this league that would be fine giving him a game on the fourth line to reach the number.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Commodore was a player that lost his game completely and couldn't cut it as an NHLer. Instead of coming to terms with that, he blamed Babcock. He's also petty enough to cling to that still.

The Modano thing is false. Babcock didn't sit him the entire end of the season. He did miss games though, but most of those were from an injury. If the 1500 games thing had been important for Modano, there would for sure have been at least one team in this league that would be fine giving him a game on the fourth line to reach the number.

Commodore was his teammate, but you know better. Ok then

That was Modano's last season. To say another team would give him another game is ridiculous. sorry, I can't let that slide.

Commodore said the same thing about Babcock in Anaheim when he started his career. I'll bet you didn't listen to the whole podcast but just had to comment. Typical from you.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Commodore was his teammate, but you know better. Ok then

That was Modano's last season. To say another team would give him another game is ridiculous. sorry, I can't let that slide.

Commodore said the same thing about Babcock in Anaheim when he started his career. I'll bet you didn't listen to the whole podcast but just had to comment. Typical from you.
He was on the golf course with Modano and Modano told him the story.

It's like he said, all you need to do is get your skates on the ice for 2 seconds and you get a game played. Most coaches respect their legends and will do that. Babcock just didn't let him do it.

Modano was just too nice of a guy to grill Babcock over it.

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Babcock is a textbook narcissist. Most people just aren't educated on narcissists and how they operate. They are absolute hell to deal with.

I was living in Windsor at the time and all the Red Wing players HATED Babcock. Commodore isn't a special case.

He hasn't changed. I'm sure Matthews can't stand him either but Babs has to be subservient to his superstar. That part I love and Matthews isn't shy about taking a stand. (Hint; Babs trip to Arizona)

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
I was living in Windsor at the time and all the Red Wing players HATED Babcock. He hasn't changed. I'm sure Matthews can't stand him either but Babs has to be subservient to his superstar. That part I love and Matthews isn't shy about taking a stand. (Hint; Babs trip to Arizona)

Lol no doubt in my mind.

We got milked to death $ wise by our young stars because we're forcing them to put up with a narcissist as a coach.

Like I said - most people just aren't educated about how narcissists really operate so they can't really decipher how Babcock really is. Unfortunately Dubas is a yes-man who's the perfect victim for a bully like Babcock.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The Commodore stuff is on the extreme/weird side of things but it's not exactly a hidden secret that Babcocl and some players really dont get along.

Reactions: Gallagbi

Myopic

Feb 26, 2017
Any actual quotes from Modano or Babcock regarding this?

Commodore said it in the podcast linked above. I think it's halfway through the podcast. He's using salty language which is unusual for a hockey player. Everyone seemed to love Commodore when he was in Calgary. He was very popular and a good guy. He's currently working as a guest host on the fan 960 in Calgary.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Any actual quotes from Modano or Babcock regarding this?

Many people connected with Modano have confirmed Babcock sat him at 1499 and Modano was upset with Babcock. Just last week, on the air, Odog got a text from Modano reminding how big of a loser Babcock is.

There is a reason Babcock doesn’t win.

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
Every time a story comes out about Babcock supposedly having issues with a player, this yutz crawls out of the woodwork with his "whoa is me, Coach Mikey hurt my widdle feelings" sob story. Give it up, dude! It's old and tired....just like you were when he benched you. We've all had bad bosses. Time to move on, doncha think?

All that aside, I do think if Babs doesn't get his act together and get us farther in the playoffs, his ass could...and should...be outta here.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Lol no doubt in my mind.

We got milked to death $ wise by our young stars because we're forcing them to put up with a narcissist as a coach.

Like I said - most people just aren't educated about how narcissists really operate so they can't really decipher how Babcock really is. Unfortunately Dubas is a yes-man who's the perfect victim for a bully like Babcock.

weird jab a at dubas at the end. I mean did we:
resign Hainsey? no
retain Brown? no
Komarov? no
Polak? No

the end is pretty near endless of the players Dubas let go that babs loved. You shoe horned in a jab where it doesn't fit,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad