Confirmed with Link: Mike Babcock resigns as head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
I just hope the working relationship between management and the affected players isn’t tarnished that they want to move on. But at the same time, how can they trust them?

How can they look at Werenski, Gaudreau, and Jenner the same way? Our “leaders” clearly didn’t have their back or do much asking about the summer. Just a f***ing mess
I think Jenner’s C should be stripped off. Like I said earlier.

He’s probably not an integral part of the team when contending for the Cup anyways. So it’s not the same kind of situation compared to what happened in San Jose a few years back, for example.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
I just hope the working relationship between management and the affected players isn’t tarnished that they want to move on. But at the same time, how can they trust them?

How can they look at Werenski, Gaudreau, and Jenner the same way? Our “leaders” clearly didn’t have their back or do much asking about the summer. Just a f***ing mess
Good change the leaders didn't even know a thing because the team hasnt even been together yet, and Babcock probably treated the leadership group differently compared to the victims

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
According to multiple sources, one of the most serious concerns was a meeting that occurred away from team facilities that included “several minutes” of looking through a phone. That was beyond the scope of what was initially understood to have occurred.

Reactions: LJ7

MissADD

Jun 21, 2018
Silvermoon City
I really hope we get some info on what happened. Because if he only resigned because of the distraction, I get it, but I would be upset. Not necessarily because Babcock is gone, but because it gives the hockey media too much power. I just hope whoever hires Quenneville gets the same microscope the jackets did.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I really hope we get some info on what happened. Because if he only resigned because of the distraction, I get it, but I would be upset. Not necessarily because Babcock is gone, but because it gives the hockey media too much power. I just hope whoever hires Quenneville gets the same microscope the jackets did.
They won't.

• Wow
Reactions: Recipe Unlimited

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Holy bleeping bleep.

This club would be better off if one of us hit Powerball for a billion-and-a-half bucks and bought it. What a damn joke.

I like JD, and I like Jarmo, but this is a fireable offense. Screwing this up this badly and this embarrassingly is unforgiveable. Management needs to go, and frankly, so does ownership.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Do you guys know anything about him or is he a new hire I guess. Is the vibe good or bad with him as head coach
Atleast he got in before camp. He's been an assistant for a couple years so hes familiar with everyone. He's a tactics guy that some of us were on board with hiring before Babcock was ultimately hired. Hes the one that tried Laine at center for 2 games

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I’ve had about all I can take from this organization. Was at the very first game with my late father, supported the team while away at college and broke, watched from a thousand miles away every season, showed up at the Florida away games and supported the team. Life has blessed me with a wonderful family that takes up more and more of my time. The Jackets and the Buckeyes were how my dad and I bonded and I’ll treasure the memories of the CBJ forever.

I’m going to make a priority call and take this opportunity to drop a time-sink. Thanks everyone here for the interaction and discussion over the years. I’ll check back in from time to time.
Exactly my thoughts. 23 years of complete garbage from top to bottom with no end in sight. Yes the team has a good prospect pool but they’ll find a way to f*** that up too, mark my words. Probably just going to stop watching the NHL in general. Family stuff, career, other sports are enough to take up my time and money. Don’t need this shitshow to add to the stress.

MrBadguy

May 27, 2016
Nash played for him for like 10 games and gave his input based on that. Nash can only tell how Babcock treated him. It's not on him to call around former Leafs and Red Wings
Of course not, but if i was a boss i would believe more what ex superstar thinks, who i have hired and worked closely few years already, instead of some "nobodys" from other orginazation especially when you already (allegedly) had conversations with different people who knew/knows him.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
I want to say this is a huge black eye on the organization but it feels more like a catastrophically messy shit stain

Doug19

Oct 14, 2008
Columbus, OH
There were quite a few decent choices for head coach this off season that wasn't our assistant for the shit show past few years. I'm actually okay that Babcock is gone, I like many others thought it was a terrible hire in the first place.

What actually makes me a little more sad is we have had such a stable front office for years that it was such a nice change from the Howson/MacLean eras. Yeah we didn't hit it big, but at least the front office was stable and it looks like things are on the up swing; however now how can the players seriously look at the front office and have any trust in what they do. They had to fire before the damn season started the most controversial coaching candidate in off ice behavior that we've seen in a long time. A coach they should have never hired. It's embarrassing to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad