Confirmed with Link: Mike Babcock resigns as head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
I’ve had about all I can take from this organization. Was at the very first game with my late father, supported the team while away at college and broke, watched from a thousand miles away every season, showed up at the Florida away games and supported the team. Life has blessed me with a wonderful family that takes up more and more of my time. The Jackets and the Buckeyes were how my dad and I bonded and I’ll treasure the memories of the CBJ forever.

I’m going to make a priority call and take this opportunity to drop a time-sink. Thanks everyone here for the interaction and discussion over the years. I’ll check back in from time to time.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
"Negotiating his exit". Great. If we're on the hook for any of the money, that's a seriously great job.

We certainly will be, maybe all of it. That's how it works when you fire a coach, unless there was a violation of his contract so you can just terminate it.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
And based on what they said Nash had big influence on that too
Nash played for him for like 10 games and gave his input based on that. Nash can only tell how Babcock treated him. It's not on him to call around former Leafs and Red Wings

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Official press release on NHL.com.

Jarmo said:
“On behalf of the entire Blue Jackets organization, we want to thank Mike for his hard work and the professionalism he has shown in working together on a plan to step down.”
Should've used that hard work and professionalism with the players, ffs.

What a clusterf***. He is technically resigning so the money isn't the full amount - but knowing Babcock he probably agreed to take $1 off his contract and Jarmo took it before his own inevitable firing later in the coming weeks.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Just going to throw this out there, it seems like a lot of the “research” Jarmo and JD did on Babcock was by talking to other dinosaur coaches like Dave King and Hitch.

Like it or not, those folks are totally out of touch with players of today. They were not the people to give a modern opinion on Babcock.

We really need all of these f***ing dinosaurs out of the league. I’m tired of the same retread coaches and GMs getting hired again and again and never any new blood. f***ing hand over the reigns to younger folks already.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

Even if nothing actually happened and everything is ultimately all shiny and aboveboard, this is arguably correct. There was enough mishegaas that I was quietly avoiding Traverse City because I was worrying too much.

Whether or not that means Babs actually is innocent is a separate debate but I can't really bring myself to care.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I’ll say this, thank f***ing god Babcock kept/was forced to keep the coaches we already had and didn’t go outside the organization to bring in his own guys. We’d be really stuck and really f***ed.

So now Vincent Is head coach and we don’t have an associate coach. Who replaces Vincent? Boll?

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
I’ve had about all I can take from this organization. Was at the very first game with my late father, supported the team while away at college and broke, watched from a thousand miles away every season, showed up at the Florida away games and supported the team. Life has blessed me with a wonderful family that takes up more and more of my time. The Jackets and the Buckeyes were how my dad and I bonded and I’ll treasure the memories of the CBJ forever.

I’m going to make a priority call and take this opportunity to drop a time-sink. Thanks everyone here for the interaction and discussion over the years. I’ll check back in from time to time.

I wish You and Your family all the best :heart:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I’ll say this, thank f***ing god Babcock kept/was forced to keep the coaches we already had and didn’t go outside the organization to bring in his own guys. We’d be really stuck and really f***ed.

So now Vincent Is head coach and we don’t have an associate coach. Who replaces Vincent? Boll?

Boll? Heck no.

Do we still have Letestu?

Also we could use a separate thread on the new coaching situation.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I just hope the working relationship between management and the affected players isn’t tarnished that they want to move on. But at the same time, how can they trust them?

How can they look at Werenski, Gaudreau, and Jenner the same way? Our “leaders” clearly didn’t have their back or do much asking about the summer. Just a f***ing mess

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I also wonder if this ultimately decides that Babcock will never ever get into the HHOF? I wonder how they could accept him after this. Will 5-10 years be enough time to forgive all his sins? If he had played this out I think he would've been a lock eventually (more so for the international stuff than national), but now I think he'll never get in. I guess he'll feel the sting of this himself too, even if we have to pay him some money down the line. I take some consolation in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad