Confirmed with Link: Mike Babcock resigns as head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm curious to hear more details. I was against Babcock from the beginning but willing to give it a chance.

This organization is a sh*t show from top to bottom.

Who is the project 1st overall pick? Who deserves to be the next GM when this is all said and done?

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Jarmo and JD need to go (probably).

Also, not a good thing that there’s separation among the players. Should Jenner lose his C?

And whether it was Fantilli or more of the young players - not good for the future of the organization.

Last edited:

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
This is bull shit. Right at the point where we get to see him coach on the ice where he is worth the trouble we “get rid of him” resign my ass. What a garbage organization. Now we have a stretch passing d man we paid a ton of money to without the stretch passing coach. No we’ll be left some some boring generic assistant coaching this team.

Sdrawkcab321

Oct 12, 2014
Cleveland
"We did the research on Babcock" -Jarmo and JD 2 months ago

Very f***ing poor research for organization with millions and millions to spend. You even f***ing know every single player the man has ever coached. How can you f*** this up
Seriously. One incident and he’s gone. These clowns need to be out the door too.

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
I’d also like to hear what was Hainsey’s role in all of this.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if we see more coaches around the league canned as well in the near future (me too -style) - when more players come out with similar stories. At least I’d hope that what would happen, kind of. Would prove that this wasn’t just the Toronto media (& and their allies) witch hunting Babcock.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The more I think about this, the more I realized I've never been as embarrassed as i am right now about this team as I am today. I was close to wearing paper bags back in the Howson days but this organization from top to bottom is completely disorganzed to even allow this to happen and an entire house cleaning of the managment is what should happen next. JD and Jarmo are completely out of touch to have allowed this to happen and should be held accountable.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Well, I’ll eat this one. I was excited about the upside of this hire. I was excited about the potential of him teaching our team the ways of winning hockey. But the man clearly has issues with connecting to players.

I was super excited for you guys as well. I think he would have helped but I mean, it is what it is if all this has been true. He deserves to lose his job.

Interesting to see what happens now with days to training camp opening.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

MrBadguy

May 27, 2016

Very f***ing poor research for organization with millions and millions to spend. You even f***ing know every single player the man has ever coached. How can you f*** this up. They have zero excuses to hide behind
And based on what they said Nash had big influence on that too

Marioesque

Oct 7, 2021

Very f***ing poor research for organization with millions and millions to spend. You even f***ing know every single player the man has ever coached. How can you f*** this up. They have zero excuses to hide behind

Exactly, they swore they did the research. What research? I can look at an interview with Babs and I can tell there's a problem. Why is their "research " not picking it up?

Reactions: hn777

traffic cone

May 12, 2011
Imagine being that one young player (let’s say Fantilli) who leaked all this to the SC. Imagine how his future is going to look in this organization. It won’t be easy. Even though it wasn’t his fault.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Nash & Vincent next?

Still - like I said - this leaves a scar into the team cohesion. Jenner should maybe lose his C.
Still remember hiring Babcock was Nash's recommendation.

Imagine being that one young player (let’s say Fantilli) who leaked all this to the SC. Imagine how his future is going to look in this organization. It won’t be easy. Even though it wasn’t his fault.
That player, whoever it is needs to grow up a bit and learn to handle things in a professional manner and not let things go through a douchy podcast. This should be a life lesson for them. Watch who you talk to and share information with.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
"Negotiating his exit". Great. If we're on the hook for any of the money, that's a seriously great job. (This is sarcasm.) I expect more heads to roll and a new GM by next summer (Vincent as HC for the year and Nash interim GM).

Well, easy way to Vincent then. Am not excited. He makes sense but doesn't excite me at all. I was able to buy into Babcock with all the stretch passes and two centers ideas, but meh.

Reactions: Rautakanki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille