Confirmed with Link: Mike Babcock resigns as head coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbjthrowaway

Jul 4, 2020
sorry to the "this thread needs to die" folks but i thought this was interesting from the athletic's interview with marty walsh:
Walsh didn’t get into details of his meetings with Blue Jackets players, other than to say, “We realized there was a little more to the story than just the pictures.” The NHLPA brass spoke with the league, as well as the Blue Jackets. Walsh was impressed with how quickly Columbus’ management acted from there. Babcock resigned Sept. 17, four days after Walsh hit the ground in Columbus.
in other words:
  1. there's apparently more to the story (jury's out on whether or not that'll ever get out)
  2. the NHLPA thought columbus's management moved quickly
jarmo and JD deserve a ton of shit for bringing babcock in but if the NHLPA head is going out of his way to give them props weeks later for how swiftly they acted that makes me feel a little better. not nearly enough to make me not feel embarrassed about the whole thing, but still.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
sorry to the "this thread needs to die" folks but i thought this was interesting from the athletic's interview with marty walsh:

in other words:
  1. there's apparently more to the story (jury's out on whether or not that'll ever get out)
  2. the NHLPA thought columbus's management moved quickly
jarmo and JD deserve a ton of shit for bringing babcock in but if the NHLPA head is going out of his way to give them props weeks later for how swiftly they acted that makes me feel a little better. not nearly enough to make me not feel embarrassed about the whole thing, but still.
Jarmo and JD tried to bury the story initially it appears.
After the NHLPA gave them the info they had (that either the CBJ management didn't bother to get at best or decided to hide) then they acted.
So great internal investigation by our dynamic duo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad