Recalled/Assigned: Mete recalled, Juulsen assigned to Laval

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
He was fine until his cage. I have a feeling it's not helping him.

Juulsen was absolutely fine.

I think people need to take a step back and realize that d men take longer.
People know perfectly well that defencemen take time. That's why they were cautious assessing Juulsen's play and refrained from making ridiculous claims about his ability. Heck, we had tens of pages discussing trading Petry, because a 20 year old playing #6 minutes was supposedly ready for top 3 usage. So no, it's not Juulsen's critics who need to take a step back.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
People know perfectly well that defencemen take time. That's why they were cautious assessing Juulsen's play and refrained from making ridiculous claims about his ability. Heck, we had tens of pages discussing trading Petry, because a 20 year old playing #6 minutes was supposedly ready for top 3 usage. So no, it's not Juulsen's critics who need to take a step back.

Never read anybody say trade Petry because Juulsen is ready to be a no. 3.

The idea behind trading Petry is that our defence is so bad were not going to comtend in the next 3-5 years so might as well get young assets who wont be over their prime by the tome were ready to contend.

Reactions: montreal

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Na it's cause i value better play. If you think Juulsen is good defensively then i don't have much to say to you.

He is a reliable and young potential top 4D. I like Juulsen's game and he will get better. I also like Mete's skating and vision but hate how much of a liability he is in his own end. And he's hasn't produced on the offensive end. Still hope yet but I have hight expectations in terms of producing offense and puck moving if he makes my roster.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

Juulsen before he took two pucks to his face was playing very well. He played very well and that's the reason why people talk about it. This is not false hope. He was leading our team in block shots and hits for a while. He's shown us his potential. Now it's time for him to be consistent and get past his current face bruise

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

Yeah because people calling Juulsen a number 3 are absolutely crawling everywhere

:rolleyes:

Reactions: DAChampion

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I dont have an issue with Juulsen being in the AHL, I do have an issue with Mete being brought up again.

Let these young guys get a chance to do really well in the AHL and work on what they to improve. And bouncing them up and down is horrible development. We have seen this before, and while I am not saying guys like DLR or Big Mac as examples would have turned into top 6 players or anything, I have to wonder isf they might have become better and more useful players if they had not been brought up just when they were putting it together in the NHL.

Unfortunately , I think its all about whether they can help the team right now in the eyes of MB, not about doing things so that we have the best player we can in 2 or 3 years.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I dont have an issue with Juulsen being in the AHL, I do have an issue with Mete being brought up again.

Let these young guys get a chance to do really well in the AHL and work on what they to improve. And bouncing them up and down is horrible development. We have seen this before, and while I am not saying guys like DLR or Big Mac as examples would have turned into top 6 players or anything, I have to wonder isf they might have become better and more useful players if they had not been brought up just when they were putting it together in the NHL.

Unfortunately , I think its all about whether they can help the team right now in the eyes of MB, not about doing things so that we have the best player we can in 2 or 3 years.
Pretty much.

The way the both play and witnessing their mistakes (due to inexperience mostly), they're not needed if the goal is to make the PO and hope for the best THIS season. So yoyo-ing Mete (down and now up) is an unnecessary risk they're taking as far as Mete's development goes.

Mete's call-up should happen when he's ready, not when the NHL team needs him (like he's going to make a difference anyway!)

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Isn't it an inevitable result of trading Petry?
IF (wont happen but I'll play along) Petry is traded it means the Habs are sinking, in that case Juulsen, and Mete should be with Boubou and the Rockets and not have to endure the mess.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Have you ever heard of a #1C who does not play on the PP? Danault is our #2C. That is much more the honest truth.

Remember the Plekanec-Desharnais debates?

Plekanec had the most ice time, but Desharnais had the best offensive minutes. This situation is similar, though Domi is better than prime Desharnais and prime Plekanec was better than Danault.

I guess that many of us have been inconsistent in our use of labels, though ultimately what this shows is that we should not always take labels too seriously.

Reactions: BaseballCoach

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

100%. I'm actually a bit happy about Juulsen going to Laval.

Positive Vibes

im just here to argue
Jun 24, 2016
Depths of Hell
Juuslen, f***ing really? honestly really like mete but he needs to be in the ahl for a while,feel like juulsen is more nhl ready,this defence is easily the worst ive ever seen iced yet

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Juulsen looked like he was skating in cement last game. He should have have went straight to Laval for a conditioning stint after being cleared to play.

Reactions: montreal

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Juuslen, ****ing really? honestly really like mete but he needs to be in the ahl for a while,feel like juulsen is more nhl ready,this defence is easily the worst ive ever seen iced yet

Juulsen has issues right now, my guess is the visor isn't helping his peripheral vision or whatever. Him being in the ahl lets him get rids of whatever kinks he has.

Chr1s97

Jul 25, 2018
Montreal
I would personally like if they could keep the both of em in the A for their on good and development. Roll up a line with Weber,schlemko,benn,petry,kulak,reilly and ouellet.

Reactions: Victorius

ginomini

May 25, 2014
I really don't understand people who keep saying Mete is bad in his own zone and does not produce offensively for an "offensive dman".

He is not an offensive d. Its not because he is small and fast that he is a offensive dynamo.

The guy has the potential to be an absolute stud defensively tho. His wjc last year was some of the most dominant defensive performance I have ever seen. He is not a liability it his own end, not at all! He does not have to be bruising in the corners. Some forget that Nick Lidstrom had very very fews hits. Defense is all about stickwork and Mete is pretty good with his stick and is able to always cut plays with his speed

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
And Denault upgraded to #1 center

DevotedElasticCopperhead-size_restricted.gif

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
I really don't understand people who keep saying Mete is bad in his own zone and does not produce offensively for an "offensive dman".

He is not an offensive d. Its not because he is small and fast that he is a offensive dynamo.

The guy has the potential to be an absolute stud defensively tho. His wjc last year was some of the most dominant defensive performance I have ever seen. He is not a liability it his own end, not at all! He does not have to be bruising in the corners. Some forget that Nick Lidstrom had very very fews hits. Defense is all about stickwork and Mete is pretty good with his stick and is able to always cut plays with his speed

He is a defensive dman with offensive characteristics :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3