Recalled/Assigned: Mete recalled, Juulsen assigned to Laval

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Let's be honest here: Juulsen was horrible since back from injury. I think it is wise to send him back in the AHL to get his timing back, but I'm not a big fan if having LHD playing on the right side.

I guess Mete playing right is better than having Ouellet or Juulsen in the line-up for now.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Annnnnnnd....this organization has not learned a thing about development. That's Bergevin's doing.
This yo-yo-ing is the worst thing for prospects. Way to go you ****ing idiot.
They don't give a rats ass about young players because they are too short sighted, make the playoffs and anything can happen and as far as I can see, that "vision" has not changed.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Reilly Weber
Kulak Petry
Mete Benn
Schlemko

Why promote Reilly? Mete is not strong enough to play big minutes. We have to get Reilly going. Some will say it's not possible. I want to see what happens when he plays with Weber. Kulak could be better with less minutes, and it's more crucial for Petry to have a stable partner. Benn provides muscle next to Mete, but frankly I'm indifferent between Benn and Schlemko sometimes. As long as they're on the 3rd pairing I'm at least not really aggravated.

Reactions: yianik

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Awful decision.

You keep Juulsen up and let him play.

You waive or trade Schitko or that bearded pylon Benn, but you don’t send the young guy down. It’s not Juulsen’s fault, the GM has a tire fire on defense.

As long as it's a short stint to get his timing back, it's not the end of the world for Juulsen. May be bad for the team though if Benn and Schlemko end up in the lineup constantly.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
f***ing brutal how this could happen. Kid takes 2 pucks to the face, comes back and watches as his entire blueline shits the bed every other shift. Mete ? lol Wow. Quite the message after a pathetic outing, rather than sitting Reilly and the rest of the goof troops.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Agreed. As I suspected, nothing has changed, we still have the same moron in charge. He just lucked out.
There is no youth movement, well there was but that was in July and now we are sniffing at a playoff spot and it's Christmas time. The plan has changed again, Agostino, Chaput are in and DLR and Scherbak are gone, the goal is to make the playoffs and not to develop players and be better long term.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
There is no youth movement, well there was but that was in July and now we are sniffing at a playoff spot and it's Christmas time. The plan has changed again, Agostino, Chaput are in and DLR and Scherbak are gone, the goal is to make the playoffs and not to develop players and be better long term.

That's what the Habs should be doing but no we have to be nothing but cheerleaders and not discuss that topic around here.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
No doubt. If they make the PO, Bergevin taps himself on the back for a successful season. He can stand at the podium saying ''nobody thought we'd make the POs'' and give himself a trophy.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
At least they acknowledge Juulsen needs some time in the AHL.

Mete should have stayed there to dominate a while. The ''we can't ruin young players by rushing them to the NHL'' mentality that has taken ahold of this board when everything was going well needs to die down.

Reactions: cphabs and montreal

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Nothing wrong with giving Juuls a break down in the AHL. He's struggled since his return and maybe he'll find his game like Mete has done. Not really a big issue.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
No doubt. If they make the PO, Bergevin taps himself on the back for a successful season. He can stand at the podium saying ''nobody thought we'd make the POs'' and give himself a trophy.
The man can't lose and that is the most frustrating thing to watch as a fan, either way he comes out unscathed.

Reactions: sheed36

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad