Recalled/Assigned: Mete recalled, Juulsen assigned to Laval

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Surprised but not really. I think both Mete & Juulsen need more AHL time. Juulsen will struggle in the NHL with the face gear anyway.

Montreal really needs a quality puck moving D man who can also skate the puck out if necessary. Think Mete needs more AHL time.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Horrible drafting strikes again LMFAO! Seriously, we have no development plan and have not had one for decades. ****ing embarrassing.

The org. did some good when it comes to Mete. And also some bad.

Mete was drafted in the 4th round, 100th overall in 2016. You don't typically find first pairing Ds with that late a pick, let alone a player who makes it to the NHL. From that round in his draft year, Mete is the only pick to have seen NHL action.

Now, that we have better development staff in the AHL, I have to agree that we're falling back into the same old yo-yo patterns.

This is nothing but a domino effect from poor management decision-making over the years in not having been able to build sufficient quality organizational depth so as not to have to tap into these prospects who could use more development time.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Neither do I. But there's nothing we can do about it now but hope we're wrong.
fixet it, was a (Huge) typo on my part...

you don't think Mete learned much since he spent little time in the AHL, that he was not playing at a NHL calibre before being sent down...

but... it's a good idea to call him back up ?

lemme guess, after a few NHL games where we can see he didnt make progress, we send him back, again ?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
That's cause you value offense more than defense when looking at defenseman. Mete needs to produce offense if he cracks my roster. He's a liability in his own end. Juulsen has just struggled since coming back from injury to his face. He needs to get the edge back to this game.

Na it's cause i value better play. If you think Juulsen is good defensively then i don't have much to say to you.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
fixet it, was a (Huge) typo on my part...

you don't think Mete learned much since he spent little time in the AHL, that he was not playing at a NHL calibre before being sent down...

but... it's a good idea to call him back up ?

lemme guess, after a few NHL games where we can see he didnt make progress, we send him back, again ?

Let me try again.

I am ok with sending Juulsen down.

I am very skeptical that Mete had enough time in the AHL with jut 8 games to improve his play, but unfortunately, the decision was made so I'm going to hope I was wrong and he works out ok.

That being said, it's not uncommon for teams to try a guy a few times before making a final decision on him.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Na it's cause i value better play. If you think Juulsen is good defensively then i don't have much to say to you.

He was fine until his cage. I have a feeling it's not helping him.

Juulsen was absolutely fine.

I think people need to take a step back and realize that d men take longer.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Why would I need to justify my Analysis to you ?

It was an overall terrible game by everybody except maybe Price, way too many turnovers and a good game by the big names of Boston

you good now ? please move on from the lost, it's a lost and we will have other lost. Seems like the ****ing end of time on this board
Not a soul here is pretending like it's the end of time.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Is that the standard you hold yourself to Kriss E? Or other posters?

A couple rough losses does not a season make. If they keep losing like this fine.
It's not just a couple of rough losses. Look at the schedule:
Montréal Canadiens Schedule
Look at when the team seemingly goes on ''hot streaks'' and when it cools down.
Take a look at our match ups and then tell me it's just the odd bad games..and not a pattern where we mostly lose versus the good teams but win vs the weaker ones.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
It's not just a couple of rough losses. Look at the schedule:
Montréal Canadiens Schedule
Look at when the team seemingly goes on ''hot streaks'' and when it cools down.
Take a look at our match ups and then tell me it's just the odd bad games..and not a pattern where we mostly lose versus the good teams but win vs the weaker ones.

Yes of course, but we haven't always lost int he fashion we did yesterday was my point.

The team was meant to be a lottery team and we're surprised they aren't crushing teams guaranteed to be in the playoffs? They've remained competitive most games this season.

Reactions: DAChampion

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Yes of course, but we haven't always lost int he fashion we did yesterday was my point.

The team was meant to be a lottery team and we're surprised they aren't crushing teams guaranteed to be in the playoffs? They've remained competitive most games this season.

I agree. The habs are exceeding expectations in most games, wins and losses. A team with that kind if defense should have no business being in a playoff spot, and here they are 7th in the conference almost mid-season.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

That's not what is happening though...
They've remained competitive in the easier match ups. That's why I said I'm curious to see how they'll fare off when they start their Xmas road trip. Terrible start, will be interesting to see how we do for the rest of this trip, up next is Colorado but they're in a funk going 1-3-1 their last 5.
Hopefully they won't embarrass us.

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018
I wish they'd keep both Juulsen and Mete down but then I doubt many people would be happy to see Schlemko, Reilly and Benn on a regular basis.

As much as I'd like them to bring a veteran in, we have nothing much to offer that will fetch a decent defenseman.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
He was fine until his cage. I have a feeling it's not helping him.

Juulsen was absolutely fine.

I think people need to take a step back and realize that d men take longer.

Yes I'm sure he was fine, that's what people told me about Galchenyuk and Scherbak too.. :laugh:

If he plays well, I'll say he played well. If he doesn't, I won't.. simple as that.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
They've remained competitive in the easier match ups. That's why I said I'm curious to see how they'll fare off when they start their Xmas road trip. Terrible start, will be interesting to see how we do for the rest of this trip, up next is Colorado but they're in a funk going 1-3-1 their last 5.

Losing doesn't mean you aren't competitive, it's obvious they haven't lost every game 7-1 or 4-0 in such miserable fashion. They've been in it.

I'd be with you if every game was like last night, it was really hard to watch.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Losing doesn't mean you aren't competitive, it's obvious they haven't lost every game 7-1 or 4-0 in such miserable fashion. They've been in it.

I'd be with you if every game was like last night, it was really hard to watch.

I don't think they've looked particularly good since mid-oct.
They have some good games here and there, mostly versus crap teams. Overall, they look very mediocre, they have good skills up front that is helping them get by, but they are so bad defensively.
Price is a major reason why they weren't completely blown away in a lot of games. Heck, sometimes like the Carolina game, Price allows 4 goals and he still was one of the better players, a big reason we end up winning, that's how bad we've been defensively.

Reactions: admiralcadillac

Habsddicted

Derp derp
Jan 18, 2018

I don't think we're doing as bad as some people make it out. Yes, yesterday was a shit show but we've had pretty good games so far. We really need to work on our special units, that is what truely kills us right now. Here's a list of decent teams we won against and the score.

Pittsburgh 5-1
Pittsburgh 5-4
Calgary 3-2
Boston 3-0
Washington 6-4

We had an OT loss against Toronto, one against Washington and 2 against Buffalo. I don't think we did as bad as some make it out to be right now. The next few games will be important tough.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
The org. did some good when it comes to Mete. And also some bad.

Mete was drafted in the 4th round, 100th overall in 2016. You don't typically find first pairing Ds with that late a pick, let alone a player who makes it to the NHL. From that round in his draft year, Mete is the only pick to have seen NHL action.

Now, that we have better development staff in the AHL, I have to agree that we're falling back into the same old yo-yo patterns.

This is nothing but a domino effect from poor management decision-making over the years in not having been able to build sufficient quality organizational depth so as not to have to tap into these prospects who could use more development time.
Yes

Reactions: Fixxer

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Right move, Juulsen still needs things to work on, just let him play in the AHL for a while, there is no hurry to bring him back...

Reactions: Tyson

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I don't think we're doing as bad as some people make it out. Yes, yesterday was a **** show but we've had pretty good games so far. We really need to work on our special units, that is what truely kills us right now. Here's a list of decent teams we won against and the score.

Pittsburgh 5-1
Pittsburgh 5-4
Calgary 3-2
Boston 3-0
Washington 6-4

We had an OT loss against Toronto, one against Washington and 2 against Buffalo. I don't think we did as bad as some make it out to be right now. The next few games will be important tough.

We had an insane start...since late-mid Oct though, the team has been rather average.
We are facing Phx-Flo next two out of four...those should be easy points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad