Recalled/Assigned: Mete recalled, Juulsen assigned to Laval

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Didn't watch the game last night but Mete playing well is excellent news for this team. Having him develop into a top 4 D is very important.

Weber is the ideal partner for him too.

Jul 6, 2016
Didn't watch the game last night but Mete playing well is excellent news for this team. Having him develop into a top 4 D is very important.

Weber is the ideal partner for him too.

We will have to wait a bit before saying Mete could be a 1st pairing d-man. Like the others LD, he is having a cup of coffee with Weber. Hopefully, he's gonna be the solution until the end of this season at least.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Mete has looked terrific since his recall, I think he would have benefitted so much more had he been kept in Laval for the remainder of the year. Too bad the Habs don’t be have that luxury.

Reactions: DAChampion

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Don't know if it's because he plays with Weber but he is really good since he's been call up ! Know we need to see points but he plays like a top 4

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Don't know if it's because he plays with Weber but he is really good since he's been call up ! Know we need to see points but he plays like a top 4
Jumping up into the rush a lot which he should be considering he can hit the turbo button and get back. Playing with a lot more confidence.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
He's Beaulieu 2.0. He can skate, that's pretty much it. Too small to hit, can't score, not even assists unless secondary. I'll get hate for that but oh well.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Mete will never be a point producer.. stop talking about that even if he need to be a little more productive. And don't forget that he is just 20 years old

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Beaulieu can't play defense. He's got a bad hockey IQ. Mete was always seen as a guy with a very good hockey IQ in Junior. He's having a rough time adapting to the NHL, but you have to remember that he's fairly small in height and weight, but still managed to find a spot on the team. He hasn't produced a lot, but I'm confident that he would produce much more if he stays with Weber for the rest of the season.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
Beaulieu can't play defense. He's got a bad hockey IQ. Mete was always seen as a guy with a very good hockey IQ in Junior. He's having a rough time adapting to the NHL, but you have to remember that he's fairly small in height and weight, but still managed to find a spot on the team. He hasn't produced a lot, but I'm confident that he would produce much more if he stays with Weber for the rest of the season.
This!

Mete is rarely out of position and rarely make bad decision with the puck, this was Beaulieu speciality.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Waiting for my fellow Habs fans to tell me Juulsen is better than Mete again.. @TooLegitToQuit

Roller coaster ride.

- Mete got a message by being sent to the AHL and he is now playing like he did to start the year last year. He needs to do this for a full season. I'm still worried about how he can get pushed around in his own end in a playoff war

- Juulsen clearly don't have the same vision, offensive skills, and skating as Mete. He does have a much better shot and is more physical in his own end while his mobility is pretty good. Now it's Juulsen's turn to get the message. We need you to be consistent for a full year and you get no passes cause you played well for 20 games.

I value these two the same but in different ways. But I still like Juulsen more. Why? Cause I want a shut down D in front of Price.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Waiting for my fellow Habs fans to tell me Juulsen is better than Mete again.. @TooLegitToQuit

Mete has the advantage of playing LD which is huge weakness on the Habs. I don't think it's fair to compare them directly, I like what Juulsen brings which is reliable D, excellent skating and 1st pass while really stepping up his physical game this year (until the injury).

I think they will both be solid pieces for Montreal moving forward , especially if the current management team choses to sell high on Petry.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Mete will never be a point producer.. stop talking about that even if he need to be a little more productive. And don't forget that he is just 20 years old

Mete will definitely be a point producer in the future. With his speed, passing ability and hockey iq, he could be a 40 pt player.

Im not worried at all about his current point production since he is just 20 yo.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
pretty accurate if u ask me

he hasnt done anything special since his comeback
he should be spending more time with laval to improve his game

[TFOOT] [/TFOOT]
what offense

There is a guy on the habs squad that is very reminiscent of Beaulieu. It's Mike Reilly.

I think mete is already a smarter player at his age than Beaulieu ever was in Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad