Memorial cup

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Mete

Though Mete is tiny so he obviously projects worse going forward

I really like Mete , but he should be a forward.

Really liking Pu and Jones. Imagine as these guys get a little older how good they will be.

That being said this is a small sample size. And the whole team is on another level so it is hard judge how these guys would be on lesser teams

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Dvorak 6g 4a. As Rt says secondary goals and assists.

Playing a little more physical tonight. But pretty sure they were secondary hits

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Dvorak had a monster game. Really liked jones, pu and mete as well.

Marner cheated a lot on zone exits, felt the heat and bailed severs times, had numerous turnovers and , oh yeah, 4 frigging points.

Last edited:

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I truly would like to see how that line would do in the NHL next year. Anyone think they're on par with the domi rienhart duke line at the wjcs?

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
Dvorak had a monster game. Really liked jones, pu and meet as well.

Marner cheated a lot on zone exits, felt the heat and bailed severs times, had numerous turnovers and , oh yeah, 4 frigging points.

I think I'm probably wasting my breath here and that you'll respond to this advice in a hostile manner... but I think you really take away from your argument in favour of Dvorak when you make these kind of posts. You have a great prospect whose merits can stand alone but when you couple it with the bitterness re: Marner it just sort of undermines it all.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
I think I'm probably wasting my breath here and that you'll respond to this advice in a hostile manner... but I think you really take away from your argument in favour of Dvorak when you make these kind of posts. You have a great prospect whose merits can stand alone but when you couple it with the bitterness re: Marner it just sort of undermines it all.
200_s.gif

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
Who's arguing? We're making flippant posts on the Coyotes board.

I've seen the poster I've quoted making the same posts on the Prospects board. I just think it makes him sound just as bad as the Leaf fans who think they have to bash Dvorak to pump up Marner. Why not be better than that? Just a thought.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Haha, Coyotes fans aren't making fun of Marner, they're making fun of Leafs posters for the whole "Marner is better than Gretzky and every player around him is a piece of **** bust". If you looked hard enough, you'd probably find that most of us know how talented the kid is, compared to an unfortunate vocal minority of Leafs fans who continuously bag one of our best prospects because, apparently, he's "simply a product of Marner"

The sooner this misunderstanding is sorted, the sooner we can all move on. ;)

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I've seen the poster I've quoted making the same posts on the Prospects board. I just think it makes him sound just as bad as the Leaf fans who think they have to bash Dvorak to pump up Marner. Why not be better than that? Just a thought.

Did you miss the part where I mentioned he continues to rack up points? IMO Marner was the 4th best forward on the Knights last night. Dvorak, Pu and Jones had fantastic games. Marner was targeted all night. Hit multiple times (uncharacteristically ). Turned the puck over a lot. I don't think Marner had his best game. And he still gets 4 points. That is not bitterness or insecurity or anti leaf bias.

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
Haha, Coyotes fans aren't making fun of Marner, they're making fun of Leafs posters for the whole "Marner is better than Gretzky and every player around him is a piece of **** bust". If you looked hard enough, you'd probably find that most of us know how talented the kid is, compared to an unfortunate vocal minority of Leafs fans who continuously bag one of our best prospects because, apparently, he's "simply a product of Marner"

The sooner this misunderstanding is sorted, the sooner we can all move on. ;)

I didn't say anything about Coyotes fans in general, simply quoted one poster. I didn't think I was being unreasonable or disrespectful at all.

Not to worry though, I'll be on my way.

:dunno:

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I didn't say anything about Coyotes fans in general, simply quoted one poster. I didn't think I was being unreasonable or disrespectful at all.

It's all good man, but you did come to our forum just to single out one post that is absolutely nothing compared to the crap we deal with when it comes to Dvorak. I mean, could you imagine if one of us posted something similar in the Leafs forum? RIP.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
In other news...

That goalie for the knights is unreal. Parsons

Not sure what he is ranked... But man with all of the penalties London had last night this guy stood on his head.

Not the biggest goalie by any means.. But if a lesser goaltender was in net , I think the score ends up alot different.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It's so nice that all of these Toronto fans have decided to pop by and weigh in on our board. Thanks guys! Never change!

You forgot to ask them how much they are enjoying the NHL playoffs this year. ;)

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America

There are far more other quotes you could highlight where coyotes prospects are put down to make Marner look better.

Marner is great in his own right and doesn't need the help. He could be making history next game. Leaf fans should enjoy whats going on , no need to shun other prospects.

Someone posted that Dvoraks assist should be taken away because Marner banged his stick that he was open.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
In other news...

That goalie for the knights is unreal. Parsons

Not sure what he is ranked... But man with all of the penalties London had last night this guy stood on his head.

Not the biggest goalie by any means.. But if a lesser goaltender was in net , I think the score ends up alot different.

He's ranked 3rd NA goalie. We could use another goalie in the system since Langhammer may be a bust, but I'm guessing he'll be gone by the time we'd be willing to draft him. Now, if we acquired another late 3rd, and he was still available, I wouldn't be disappointed. I know absolutely nothing about where goalies end up getting drafted, but I feel our first four picks should consist of 1 forward and 3 D-men (depending on what's available), so he'll most likely end up elsewhere.

He's not too small; I think it's more that we lean towards big goalies rather than more skilled ones. Still, with Burke no longer coaching, it'd be a nice change and by the time he was ready to make the roster, we might actually have a goaltending coach (rather than Smitty's confidant).

Smith 6'4, 215 lbs
Domingue 6'3, 210 lbs
Langhammer 6'2, 184 lbs
Troytle 6'2, 185
Hill 6'4, 198 lbs
Kallgren 5'11, 157lbs :whaaa?:
Parsons 6'1, 184 lbs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad