Memorial cup

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Sign Bleakley or take 53. Interesting conversation if Bleakley has strong Memorial Cup.

Just hang a sign out now that we aren't dealing Dvorak.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Yeah Dvorka doing great. First time I got to see a game with him.

London goalie not getting enough credit.

Prepare for either more Dvorak is a product of Marner discussion or countless offers where Dvorak is a treated as a throw in.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Bleakley has surprised me despite score.

Honestly I'd sign him. 53 isn't going to have his upside.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Prepare for either more Dvorak is a product of Marner discussion or countless offers where Dvorak is a treated as a throw in.

Like RT says "those are secondary goals"

Honestly though all of those guys are pretty awesome together...Red Deer seems in awe a bit as well.

Red Deer hasn't played 21 days they said.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
And the Toronto biased commentators continue to **** Marner. "It was the Marner show".

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
And the Toronto biased commentators continue to **** Marner. "It was the Marner show".
You mean Mitch "Literally better than Gretzky" Marner? :laugh:

Dvorak is going to make it almost impossible for management to send him to Tuscon. It's hard to imagine Tippett being okay with two rookie C's on opening night, but he's just too good to leave out. Roll with Hanzal, Strome, Dvorak, Richardson. Throw Vermette on the wing somewhere.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America

They are all leaf fans and a different breed..

They also haven't had much to cheer about for decades.. But yeah the Marner/ Matthews stuff is getting really old.

Marner is a great player.. And I have always said from the start I wanted to draft him , but Strome was the best choice for us.

The arrogance though to say Marner is the only player worth anything is very annoying to read.. There was one guy who had the gall to say Dvorak's assist should be removed because Marner slapped his stick ..

LuckyNumber11

Jun 10, 2015
Valley of the Sun
The thing about Dvo is that I see everyone characterize him as a 200 foot player. Isn't that the exact type of player that Tipp typically loves? While he may be young, I'd like to think the kid is too perfect for Tipp to turn down

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
They are all leaf fans and a different breed..

They also haven't had much to cheer about for decades.. But yeah the Marner/ Matthews stuff is getting really old.

Marner is a great player.. And I have always said from the start I wanted to draft him , but Strome was the best choice for us.

The arrogance though to say Marner is the only player worth anything is very annoying to read.. There was one guy who had the gall to say Dvorak's assist should be removed because Marner slapped his stick ..

And Dvorak goals were mere tap ins while Marner's goals were snipes.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
What was the svouting report on Bleakely going into the draft. 2014 seems very similar to this years where it is hard to gauge the players after the top 3.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
What was the svouting report on Bleakely going into the draft. 2014 seems very similar to this years where it is hard to gauge the players after the top 3.

If I remember correctly, he was praised as a high floor/low ceiling heart-and-soul sort of player. Two-way guy expected to make more of an impact in his own end than offensively. Considered a safe pick, with limited upside. Drafted more for intangibles/grit than any particular skills. The most optimistic projections had him turning into a Ryan O'Reilly sort of player. Weak draft overall, suffering from a poor top end. Bleackley was 29th on McKenzie's list and 31st on mine.

Naych_PHX

Feeling Salty
Jun 14, 2004
phoenix
Well he's going to re-enter the draft if we let him go, right? We can always pick him back up later if we really want to. Idk if the rules allow that, even if we weren't the team that drafted him originally.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Well he's going to re-enter the draft if we let him go, right? We can always pick him back up later if we really want to. Idk if the rules allow that, even if we weren't the team that drafted him originally.
Yes, we can re-draft him if he isn't signed and goes back into the draft. Just a gamble about how far he might slip.

Anyone have highlights / shift-by-shift for Dvorak and Bleacklely / etc?

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

Dvorak is going to make it almost impossible for management to send him to Tuscon. It's hard to imagine Tippett being okay with two rookie C's on opening night, but he's just too good to leave out. Roll with Hanzal, Strome, Dvorak, Richardson. Throw Vermette on the wing somewhere.

He's too good for the CHL. Need to see how he looks against NHL talent. Don't most players spend time in the AHL?

I think the only current coyote to not have AHL time is Domi.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

:laugh:Dvorak has to prove himself at the NHL level. It's nice he is playing well in junior, but training camp will dictate where he plays next year. DM said the only concern he had with Dvorak is his decision making. Not sure if he can do it at the NHL level yet.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I think that with Tippet playing so many rookies, and giving them signifiant minutes last year, we can put to bed the canard that Tippet won't play rookies, won't allow rookies to make the squad. I truly believe that Strome and Dvorak, and (if I may have a flight of fantasy) Perlini will show themselves NHL ready in training camp. I don't know why, but I keep rooting for Perlini.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I think that with Tippet playing so many rookies, and giving them signifiant minutes last year, we can put to bed the canard that Tippet won't play rookies, won't allow rookies to make the squad. I truly believe that Strome and Dvorak, and (if I may have a flight of fantasy) Perlini will show themselves NHL ready in training camp. I don't know why, but I keep rooting for Perlini.

Me too. That pick was almost traded so we could move down. Perlini was the last player the yotes wanted @ that pick

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Perlini's first pro training camp went very well, it was last year where he stumbled. This is a very important training camp for Perlini, but I expect he starts his pro career in Tucson.

Tad Mikowski

Hail to the King Baby
Sponsor
May 31, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Perlini's first pro training camp went very well, it was last year where he stumbled. This is a very important training camp for Perlini, but I expect he starts his pro career in Tucson.

I think this will be the case even if he impresses in camp. Let him prove he can play the game well at the AHL level then once he's done that, consider him for call ups and hopefully he makes it so they can't possibly send him back.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
At least with Perlini's size and speed he will make the NHL as a forechecking 3rd liner if he cant evolve his offensive game.

As for the Memorial Cup, second favourite hockey after the World Juniors. I will watch most of the games. Really looking forward to tonight's game with Brandon versus London.

Brandon had a bad first game. See if they can rebound to form and compete with the powerhouse Knights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad