Memorial cup

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
On the sportsnet feed , they slow it down and zoom in and you can see it touch Dvorak and change direction .

The announcers said that is why it went in as it changed direction .. Tkachuk said he is pretty sure it went off Dvorak , Dvorak said he felt something hit his back , but winning is all that matters.

The only reason I am wanting it changed is because Dvorak will tie Hawerchuk for the most goals in the Memorial cup with less games played.

But I am sure the Memorial cup guys are fair and will give credit for the goal to whomever scored it.

On a side note I think Tkachuk deserved the first star no matter what . I don't think Dvorak had a great game at all. I am not sure if the Knights were up partying all night before hand or not , or if the days off had an affect, but most of the team looked exhausted and not themselves. Dvorak , Marner, Juolevi especially.

Best players on the ice IMO were Tkachuk and Parsons

I agree. They were damn lucky they won this game. Both goalies were very good.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I watched bits and pieces of the game yesterday and I couldn't believe the amount of time Hunter let these guys play. They would be out there for the full two minutes of a power play or PK. Hunter even double shifted Dvorak which resulted in the tying goal.

They looked dead too for big chunks of the game too. They've played a crapton of minutes this season. I remember the first game against RN where London had like 12 PK's, Dvorak was like constantly out there on the ice.

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
What in the world.. lol. Go watch Knights vs. Kitchener game 4. There was also one against Erie. He never "hurt" the Knights, unless you count his slow start. You don't have to make up bs for no reason..

Anyhow Dvorak ends his junior career with the GWG in the memorial cup, what a way to go. Didn't think he played well the first 2 periods (Didn't think Marner had a good game, before you point out bias) but came up clutch in the 3rd and OT, also seeing him celebrate was very rare also lol. Sad to see the best junior line that I've seen in my lifetime end, but it ended on a good note. Best of luck to Dvorak in the desert.

:huh:

Maybe it's because he didn't touch the puck? Marner would still have more points and a better +/- than his own centreman. He would probably still get the MVP IMO, they don't punish you for being a playmaker in hockey, otherwise Ovechkin would win the Hart every year.

Oh look, Leafs fans come out of the woodwork to defend the poster boy for London. ;)

I watched a lot of Knights games, and Marner's point total has always been impressive, but that doesn't mean he's always been the best player on the ice, even with the most points.

No doubt he certainly did very well in those games. Perhaps I'm spoiled by last year when it seemed like him and Dvo couldn't stop scoring for stretches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad