Memorial cup

DomiToDuclair

Oct 17, 2014
Yeah dvo is steady but when marner is on he takes over games. I haven't seen a ton of him this season but his draft year he seemed like he was rarely off.

Last year Marner was pretty much always dynamite. This year he hurts the Knights sometimes as much or more as he helps them. Can't remember the last time I saw Marner take over a game in the playoffs at any rate, even though he's been really good still - just hasn't been the one man show he was.

Dvorak isn't flashy, but his shot is NHL caliber and it shows. Even when Marner passes him the puck it's Dvorak that puts the puck in the net with an amazing shot.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
At this point, lets trade up for Tkachuk.

Domi-Strome-Duclair

Rieder-Dvorak-Tkachuk

Now that's a bona-fide Top 6

^ pretty much came here to post this. I want Tkachuk now. He is a very dynamic player especially for his size. Had some slick stickhandles throughout the game including on the GWG. It may take a few years but he's going to be a great player in this league.

Just finished watching the whole game on delay... did anyone else notice when the Knights posed for a picture with the Cup on the boards with a bunch of their fans in the background someone was wearing one of those awful chinese knockoff coyotes jerseys haha? i got a good laugh out of that one

Dvorak was pretty dominant though, he put the team on his back in the late third period. Scored to tie it but also had some very nice moves to cut through the defense and almost score while diving, that was a few minutes before he tied it. I cannot wait for him to be on our team.

Rouyn Noranda's goaltender was also incredible.

Juolevi did not really impress me that much, he seemed slow with his decision making sometimes and although positionally sound, he didn't do too much in the game.

They gave Marner the MVP award but i would've gone Dvorak. Leafs bias? lol. Dvo scored the game tying and game winning goals though, and his lob pass created the first goal that the Knights had scored by Tkachuk. Not to mention a stellar performance overall in the tournament. Marner was amazing at times too though. When he had the puck, the other team was kind of just watching. And he could have ended the game in the final minute of regulation but dinged one off the crossbar on a point blank chance. So no disrespect to Marner but I thought Dvo was slightly better.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Not to say their games are the same but Dvorak is Toews to Marner's Kane. Dvorak is the 200 foot player, plays Centre, is excellent at face offs, is gritty, has leadership qualities...

Last edited:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I'd be okay with getting Tkachuk, if we can trade off Perlini for some defense.

I know a lot of you guys don't care, but the lack of RHS in this organization is bothersome. If we get Tkachuk, we need to trade one of our left handed shooting wingers away. We would just have way too many of them

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Last year Marner was pretty much always dynamite. This year he hurts the Knights sometimes as much or more as he helps them. Can't remember the last time I saw Marner take over a game in the playoffs at any rate, even though he's been really good still - just hasn't been the one man show he was.

Dvorak isn't flashy, but his shot is NHL caliber and it shows. Even when Marner passes him the puck it's Dvorak that puts the puck in the net with an amazing shot.

Interesting about marner this year, a lot of people thought the same about domi's last year with the knights too though and he obviously did fine in the NHL. I expect a similar first year for marner.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Marner though spends a lot of time on the ice in juniors. Domi didn't. Domi is a fire hydrant.

Marner is fantastic, but he wasn't the last two games. Dvorak is a player, just plain and simple. We certainly hit a homer w/the Dvorak pick.

It would be great to get Tkachuk, and the Oilers would certainly move down knowing they can get one of the D prospects and it would be nice to keep the duo of Dvorak & Tkachuk

Then we'd have 2 pairs of exceptionally players Dvorak/Tkachuk & Domi/Duclair

Rbenj

May 10, 2007
Surprise AZ
Dvorak pretty much tried to make Marner the hero towards end of regulation, giving him 2 great passes in the slot, at almost back to back plays, but Mitch "the creator of Dvo's points" couldn't finish...

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Marner though spends a lot of time on the ice in juniors. Domi didn't. Domi is a fire hydrant.

Marner is fantastic, but he wasn't the last two games. Dvorak is a player, just plain and simple. We certainly hit a homer w/the Dvorak pick.

It would be great to get Tkachuk, and the Oilers would certainly move down knowing they can get one of the D prospects and it would be nice to keep the duo of Dvorak & Tkachuk

Then we'd have 2 pairs of exceptionally players Dvorak/Tkachuk & Domi/Duclair

Potentially a trio in domi strome duke. Tkachuk would be awesome I'm just not sure I'd trade up for him. I think trading down or standing pat if one of PLD tkachuk brown is still on the board is a good call, or taking a dman if our scouts have picked one they like a lot.

Does marner spend a lot of time on the ice? Again I haven't seen him much this year but last year he didn't get hit that often.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I watched all the memorial games and he spent a lot of time on the ice. Unlike Kane, Marner does get hit, because he plays more like Giroux than Kane. The thing is, he's not built like Giroux.

Dvorak is a player that makes everyone better, proved it during he regular season. I think having both Strome/Dvorak/Hanzal is going to do wonders for our winning pct.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I wonder why they are not giving Dvorak credit for that goal , it sure looked like it went off him when they zooomed in and slowed down .

This would tie him with Hawerchuk for the record for most goals in less games. And he would finish 1 point behind Marner.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

What in the world.. lol. Go watch Knights vs. Kitchener game 4. There was also one against Erie. He never "hurt" the Knights, unless you count his slow start. You don't have to make up bs for no reason..

Anyhow Dvorak ends his junior career with the GWG in the memorial cup, what a way to go. Didn't think he played well the first 2 periods (Didn't think Marner had a good game, before you point out bias) but came up clutch in the 3rd and OT, also seeing him celebrate was very rare also lol. Sad to see the best junior line that I'veseen in my lifetime end, but it ended on a good note. Best of luck to Dvorak in the desert.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

:huh:

Because then it would look bad having given the MVP to Marner.

Because 8 & 5 for 13pts looks a heck of a lot better than 2 & 12 for 14

Maybe it's because he didn't touch the puck? Marner would still have more points and a better +/- than his own centreman. He would probably still get the MVP IMO, they don't punish you for being a playmaker in hockey, otherwise Ovechkin would win the Hart every year.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
Can someone show me where they are getting this from? Tkachuk got the game winner as far as I've seen. I watched the game, it could have been Dvorak but no stat sheets I've seen have Dvorak with the GWG.

http://mastercardmemorialcup.ca/gamecentre/474/boxscore
Heres the boxscore.

Dvorak didn't get the game winner. It appears to be a conspiracy theory that Dvorak touched the puck and the CHL refused to give him the goal because it would make his stats look better.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Disappointed to see the Knights win; Dvorak notwithstanding, it's hard to root for a perennial powerhouse like London and easy to root for a blue collar region team like Rouyn-Noranda. I feel like The Q gets the least amount of love in general. But oh well.

Lots of drama and lots of hits and lots of penalties that went uncalled today. Parsons was damn good the whole tournament, whoever drafts him could get a gem. But so was the Rouyn-Noranda goalie Chase Marchand. Google says he's Brad's cousin. Google says he played in 3 separate leagues in his draft year, GAA north of 5 in the OHL. He was a brick wall all playoffs. Talk about a late bloomer though. Interesting to see who if anyone takes a chance on him on an ELC.

Mitch Marner looks funny as hell skating backwards. Find video of him when a defenseman pinches and he's back trying to cover. It's Luis Mendoza from Miami, FL bad.

Edit: 7:35 of this video.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I wonder why they are not giving Dvorak credit for that goal , it sure looked like it went off him when they zooomed in and slowed down .

This would tie him with Hawerchuk for the record for most goals in less games. And he would finish 1 point behind Marner.

Doesn't matter.

I don't think AZ wants to be known as a fanbase that emails a league to complain about a scoresheet. I mean how insecure would a fanbase have to be to do that. That would be beyond embarrassing

Great game. Dvoraks ability to pass off the boards impressed me. This is that prospect that just continues to defy his draft slot and blow away every expectation. 200 foot game. He's the player I wanted when I campaigned Horvat over Domi in 2012.

He's hoing to be Tippets favourite player. Very soon.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Can someone show me where they are getting this from? Tkachuk got the game winner as far as I've seen. I watched the game, it could have been Dvorak but no stat sheets I've seen have Dvorak with the GWG.

http://mastercardmemorialcup.ca/gamecentre/474/boxscore
Heres the boxscore.

On the sportsnet feed , they slow it down and zoom in and you can see it touch Dvorak and change direction .

The announcers said that is why it went in as it changed direction .. Tkachuk said he is pretty sure it went off Dvorak , Dvorak said he felt something hit his back , but winning is all that matters.

The only reason I am wanting it changed is because Dvorak will tie Hawerchuk for the most goals in the Memorial cup with less games played.

But I am sure the Memorial cup guys are fair and will give credit for the goal to whomever scored it.

On a side note I think Tkachuk deserved the first star no matter what . I don't think Dvorak had a great game at all. I am not sure if the Knights were up partying all night before hand or not , or if the days off had an affect, but most of the team looked exhausted and not themselves. Dvorak , Marner, Juolevi especially.

Best players on the ice IMO were Tkachuk and Parsons

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Doesn't matter.

I don't think AZ wants to be known as a fanbase that emails a league to complain about a scoresheet. I mean how insecure would a fanbase have to be to do that. That would be beyond embarrassing

Great game. Dvoraks ability to pass off the boards impressed me. This is that prospect that just continues to defy his draft slot and blow away every expectation. 200 foot game. He's the player I wanted when I campaigned Horvat over Domi in 2012.

He's hoing to be Tippets favourite player. Very soon.

hehehe

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I watched all the memorial games and he spent a lot of time on the ice. Unlike Kane, Marner does get hit, because he plays more like Giroux than Kane. The thing is, he's not built like Giroux.

Dvorak is a player that makes everyone better, proved it during he regular season. I think having both Strome/Dvorak/Hanzal is going to do wonders for our winning pct.

I watched bits and pieces of the game yesterday and I couldn't believe the amount of time Hunter let these guys play. They would be out there for the full two minutes of a power play or PK. Hunter even double shifted Dvorak which resulted in the tying goal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad