LeBrun: Meier trade talks heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
HF sharks: "Grier is a GENIUS he's playing these GMs. way to hold out and drive the prices up mike, the other GMs are groveling at his feet!"
HF others: "Grier has lost ALL leverage, what a CLOWN, he's running out of time!! This is what you get for undervaluing our prospects, welcome to the NHL buddy lmao!"
Grier: Hey, hope you're doing well, want to talk about the deal again?
Other GM: Great to hear from you Mike, sure, let's see if something can work for both of us.
The truth

Grier: Hey so you sure you dont have anyone who played in Boston?
Fitz: Uh no but we have Holtz hes pretty..

Grier:*Hangs up*

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Always ask yourself who wants that information out there.

Yost chimes in with Buffalo checking in after losing Tuch for weeks? The team with the cap space and assets to do it? Right at the moment it appears to be down to New Jersey?

Who wants that information out there?

San Jose.
Lots of teams would want that info out there. Not just San Jose. Any of the Devils competitors would want that out there too to drive up the price.

Reactions: Zubrus Coffee Maker

ParksnRec

Feb 26, 2023
Seems like the hang up is on quality not the framework.
Nobody knows what the hangup is so not sure how you can make that assumption

And I see no hangup lol. They waited to today for Marleau's retirement ceremony, and we have Dreger saying itll be done in 24hours

Seems about as fast as a deal can be made, in less than a day five days before the deadline

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Must be talking about Grier?
I’m talking about any GM afraid to take a risk, but Grier and the sharks still have to answer to the fanbase and a majority of them would happily keep Meier. If the devils struggle even in this postseason then the pressure on Fitz to rectify the situation increases dramatically.

Reactions: themelkman

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Always ask yourself who wants that information out there.

Yost chimes in with Buffalo checking in after losing Tuch for weeks? The team with the cap space and assets to do it? Right at the moment it appears to be down to New Jersey?

Who wants that information out there?

San Jose.
Do you think front offices get their information from Twitter?

Barry Tallackson

Mar 4, 2014
88654D86-7BE2-4890-A3CC-E06076E5C849.jpeg

Not bad

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
Nobody knows what the hangup is so not sure how you can make that assumption

And I see no hangup lol. They waited to today for Marleau's retirement ceremony, and we have Dreger saying itll be done in 24hours

Seems about as fast as a deal can be made, in less than a day five days before the deadline

Reactions: Sandisfan

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Buffalo and Detroit make a ton of sense but it's how daring their GM's want to be at the bubble. Buffalo just lost Dahlin and Tuch I saw so not sure if Adams wants to do that without knowing the severity of Dahlin's injury. Would be stupid to fork over assets and those guys miss a ton of time and they miss
Dahlin us day to day

tuch might be out a month

GM said they aren’t selling their future for a quick fix.

i,e. They aren’t doing a nemec+ Holtz+ 2 1sts ( more than Eichel) fir a 1+ rental.

Reactions: Killing Joke
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad