LeBrun: Meier trade talks heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Why isn't Buffalo more of a player here? They have a plethora of young F prospects to include, as well as a lot of cap space going forward. You'd think they would go after a top player like Meier or Chychrun given their situation

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
Why isn't Buffalo more of a player here? They have a plethora of young F prospects to include, as well as a lot of cap space going forward. You'd think they would go after a top player like Meier or Chychrun given their situation
Gm is conservative and supposedly doesn’t care for the price. Without knowing the ask he may be right.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Buffalo should do it, can do it, and can beat any offer.

But you know as well as I do they won’t do it

im not sending more than Eichel for a rental which is what San Jose wants. I look at it as something around reinhart/Fiala with a small add

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
That’s just ridiculous. Jack is insanely underpaid by signing a “show me” contract.
Agreed. I can't imagine that this is a real thing that Fitz is drawing a hard line at, but I do think that he may want to keep it in the vicinity of Jacks deal not to vary by say more than the difference between Jack and Nico? So say, 8.75?

Lol this sounds like Fitz already in damage control why a trade didn’t happen.
It was something that was reported a few weeks back by Friedman, I think. Definitely interesting that it's popping back up now but obviously TFP is reporting something that Friedman kind of went against just yesterday. I'd trust Friedman more than TFP, but its worth discussing.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
That’s just ridiculous. Jack is insanely underpaid by signing a “show me” contract.

they don’t want to become like Toronto where you can’t afford depth in your roster.

ehrn r ec snd Hughes come on the team they will have 3 years of short term space they can spend before they get higher contracts, signing a long/ high contract will hurt them elsewhere.

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Does appear to be heading into the more sign-and -trade territory, which is best for both parties and probably why the Canes were out early. SJ gets a better return and NJ gets piece of mind. Extensions can be tricky so that's why the process is dragging out. Really like this trade for both sides, but especially for the Devils. Fun team.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
The reason why it's mostly likely crap is that they did go after JG hard this off season and he was going to make quite a bit more than Jack LOL. So clearly there is flexibility

Reactions: Incharge1976

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Agreed. I can't imagine that this is a real thing that Fitz is drawing a hard line at, but I do think that he may want to keep it in the vicinity of Jacks deal not to vary by say more than the difference between Jack and Nico? So say, 8.75?

It was something that was reported a few weeks back by Friedman, I think. Definitely interesting that it's popping back up now but obviously TFP is reporting something that Friedman kind of went against just yesterday. I'd trust Friedman more than TFP, but its worth discussing.
It is. I find it odd that that would suddenly be a sticking point now when it was very clear it was more or less around the asking price. Is Fitz expecting a friends discount? Is this a way of faking sudden disinterest? To justify to the fans of a deal doesn’t happen?

I’m still at Zetterlund, Holtz and ‘23 1st and that’s for a Meier extension. Maybe 6 years/ 8.5 AAV?
Meier is gonna either want a short term bridge deal which I doubt or the max 8. Being a FA at 32 or 33 isn’t ideal.

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
It is. I find it odd that that would suddenly be a sticking point now when it was very clear it was more or less around the asking price. Is Fitz expecting a friends discount? Is this a way of faking sudden disinterest? To justify to the fans of a deal doesn’t happen?

Meier is gonna either want a short term bridge deal which I doubt or the max 8. Being a FA at 32 or 33 isn’t ideal.
I mean he’s gonna be 27 as the next season kicks off. I wouldn’t do 8 years tbh. That’s a lot.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
If I could get Timo at like 4 years, 8.6 or something, it would be heavenly. Have way more interest in Timo for 4 years than I do for 7 or 8

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The Jack contract is bullshit, Fitz has paid Dougie 9M in UFA and almost gave an identical contract to Gaudreau last summer. He's willingly to go over it for players, Julie is just reiterating that future cap flexibility has always been a thing with his GMing while other GM's are more hot hand with it.

Reactions: Gecklund
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln