LeBrun: Meier trade talks heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Is Grier still refusing to let Meier talk contract with other teams? I don't understand how that is in SJ's best interest.
He was never refusing. He wanted a trade worked out first.

Nothing will happen tonight though. He will likely sit due to his “injury” and then you’ll hear more tomorrow. It’s Patrick Marleau’s Jersey retirement today. Grier will not do anything that takes the attention away from him.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If its the Canes, I can see Gregor included as well. He's apparently asked for a trade and Carolina needs some grit in their bottom 6

Reactions: SoupNazi

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Still expecting a move from Carolina, TB, and NJ. I think those are the only teams left in the east who will make big moves (other than Kane to NY)

Out west could be anyone, but I think SJ will trade him out east. Sounds like Carolina or NJ for me when it comes to Meier.

TB may not have the room.

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Is Grier still refusing to let Meier talk contract with other teams? I don't understand how that is in SJ's best interest.
I think Grier is probably negotiating multiple packages with teams. Some with an extension and some without. Once you have a return you’re satisfied with then you let that team negotiate the extension. No reason to allow that beforehand. Grier knows talking to Meier’s camp who he would be interested in extending with.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
This is where Holland, using his famous Cap Magic™, swoops in, lands Meier and Karlsson in the same deal, and once again unsurprisingly turns the hockey world on its head.

• Haha
Reactions: kevistar

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
This is where Holland, using his famous Cap Magic™, swoops in, lands Meier and Karlsson in the same deal, and once again unsurprisingly turns the hockey world on its head.

Holland is still having his nap.

The arms race is entirely in the East.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
NJ has to get him. Missing on a top 6 winger with some kind of grit would be a HUGE mistake. They severely lack that, that would help them a lot.

The Rangers are just going to eat them up in the 1st round if they don't get an upgrade at wing.

Reactions: Barry Tallackson

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
I am unsure how much it changes negotiations or the return but I was disappointed the Canucks didn't allow HoBo to talk to teams...I mean it was clear he wanted the same if not more than JT Miller but again the return was lackluster for what the Canucks needed so it is par for the course with how that organization operates

Reactions: Kaners PPGs
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs USA
    France vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Canada